Ad.doubleclick.net is a suspiciously acting software, credited with the unfavorable recognition of being labeled an Browser Hijacker computer virus by a number of security experts. At any rate you should avoid clicking on the Ad.doubleclick.net Ads regardless of what form they appear at, because this is the one way Browser Hijacker might stop being just annoying and might become quite damaging and dangerous.
Why is that, you might ask. By interacting with the Ads you are exposing your device and yourself to the very real possibility of contracting more virus applications, ones that might be a lot more threatening than Ad.doubleclick.net.
Negative impacts on your PC
Here we are going to list all adverse effects that your devise might be subjected to until you manage to remove Ad.doubleclick.net completely. Also we will provide a brief explanation what exactly is causing the issues.
- General slowing down of the entire system.
- Reduced performance and “lagging”.
- Momentary “freezing” of the entire device and on older systems even complete OS crushes.
- In some cases the dreaded BSOD (blue screen of death) might appear.
We are not going to bore you with overcomplicated technical mumbo jumbo but instead try to explain all of the above as briefly and simply as possible. Any time you task your computer to perform something as simple as opening your web browser or a new word document for example, a certain amount of computing power goes into that process. Due to the malware presence any time try to perform even a simple process your CPU will be tasked with times the amount of “power” required to execute it than it normally did before the infection. This is due to the fact that a web page, pop-up or banner is being created at the same time you open a new tab in your browser, for instance.
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
You are dealing with a malware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to clean up and reset your browser to its original settings without the malware returning.
You can find the removal guide here.
For mobile devices refer to these guides instead: Android, iPhone