Ak.oalsauwy.net is an unwanted app that gathers data from the users browsers and then uses it to spam one’s screen with relevant but obstructive ads. Ak.oalsauwy.net can also affect different elements of the browsers such as its starting page, toolbar, or search engine without the users’s approval.
It can be really annoying and frustrating if your browser is frequently getting swarmed with promotional messages, advertising links, redirects to pages that you did not attempt to visit and other similar pesky commercial materials. If you are experiencing any of this, then it is also likely that you’ve also recently noticed some unusual changes in your browser. For example, maybe your starting page address has been changed without your agreement or maybe the search engine has been replaced with some unknown custom that you’ve never ever heard about before. If that are the symptoms you are experiencing in your browser, know that you are probably dealing with an app known as Ak.oalsauwy.net.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||The advertisements and the undesirable modifications in your browser are usually what you will notice as the first symptoms.|
|Distribution Method||These apps tend to get spread through the use of installation bundling.|
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Ak.oalsauwy.net!
How to remove Ak.oalsauwy.net
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Ak.oalsauwy.net in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Ak.oalsauwy.net from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
If you have a Mac virus, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you have an Android virus, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
If you have an iPhone virus, please use our iPhone Virus Removal guide.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Ak.oalsauwy.net.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Ak.oalsauwy.net.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Ak.oalsauwy.net from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Ak.oalsauwy.net extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Ak.oalsauwy.net and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Ak.oalsauwy.net on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Ak.oalsauwy.net extension
- Get rid of Ak.oalsauwy.net by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Ak.oalsauwy.net” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Ak.oalsauwy.net
- Open task manager
- Look for the Ak.oalsauwy.net process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Ak.oalsauwy.net
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Ak.oalsauwy.net” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Ak.oalsauwy.net
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Ak.oalsauwy.net in there
- Uninstall Ak.oalsauwy.net from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Ak.oalsauwy.net-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Ak.oalsauwy.net in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
What is Ak.oalsauwy.net?
This is a browser hijacker and it can get onto pretty much any browser. In most cases, you can get it on Firefox, Chrome and Edge but it’s also possible to experience the effects of this nagging app on other browsers as well. We understand if you are feeling frustrated and maybe even intimidated by the presence of Ak.oalsauwy.net and Appyrinceaskeda inside your browser. After all, any software that does something unwanted in your computer should be regarded as a potential threat to your virtual security. Ak.oalsauwy.net, however, is not some Trojan or Ransomware infection and its purpose is not to mess with anything inside your computer system. A hijacker such as this one’s main goal would be to advertise stuff on the users’ screens and to make money out of the ads that it displays. This, of course, means that you will likely be getting a lot of advertisements spammed inside your browser but usually nothing harmful should come from the hijacker. Still, you probably don’t want to keep this nagging app in your PC any longer and for that reason we advise you to have a look at the following removal and uninstallation guide manual.
Is Ak.oalsauwy.net a virus?
Despite not being some nasty virus or a malicious program of the Ransomware or of the Trojan Horse category, the presence of Ak.oalsauwy.net inside your computer shouldn’t be taken for something that’s perfectly safe. As you should already know, there are all kinds of misleading, obscure and obscene forms of advertisements all over the Internet and although this hijacker isn’t specifically programmed to show you these exact ads, it might as well do that and the only thing that can really stop it is having the intrusive software fully removed from your computer.
You also need to ensure that you don’t get any more such apps inside your system since it’s always easier to simply prevent the installation of unwanted software than to have to deal with it afterwards. Normally, a hijacker would be added to the installation setup of another program so be careful when installing new software on your computer and always remember to check for bundled components in the advanced setup menu where you can usually find what added apps there may be.
Leave a Comment