Alert Cellphone Club
Alert Cellphone Club is a program that is referred to as a browser hijacker because it can mess with your browser’s settings and automatically redirect you to sponsored pages. Though not identical to computer viruses, Alert Cellphone Club can be a source of browsing irritation and disturbance and should better be removed from the system.
Despite being quite irritating, however, the browser hijackers are not identical to malware. They cannot encrypt user data the way that a Ransomware can, or exploits the system’s resources like a Trojan Horse.
Programs like Alert Cellphone Club are typically used for online advertising but, sometimes, they can redirect users to sketchy web locations or pages full of irritating promotional messages especially when the users are not careful where they click. Besides, the browser hijackers can use a large portion of the system’s CPU and RAM resources to generate useless ads and to reroute users to sponsored websites. Therefore, these applications are often deemed unwanted and it is recommended that the users uninstall them in order to prevent unpleasant web browsing disturbance, screen-freezing, system unresponsiveness and an accidental encounter with security hazards such as viruses, Trojans and Ransomware.
Remove Alert Cellphone Club Calendar Virus
First you need to close all pop-ups that are currently open.
- If the pop-up has a checkbox named “Don’t show more alerts from this webpage” click on the checkbox before closing the Ad.
- If a Block Alerts button happens to appear after you shut down a pop-up on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch tab that button to stop receiving alerts from the same page.
In case that a pop-up fails to close after performing the above operations:
- On your Mac you should make your Safari browser close forcibly by pressing Command-Option-Esc. Select Safari from the list of Apps and force close it. After you force close it you need to restart Safari, but please hold the shift button while it starts. This will prevent any pesky Ads from opening automatically.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch you can do the same by pressing the home button twice in a quick succession. You’ll then see a preview of all apps that have been recently used. Swipe left to find Safari and then swipe up on the app’s preview to close it forcibly In order to prevent Safari from opening unwanted windows on startup go to Settings->Safari and Clear History, as well as Website Data. This will also clear your browser history and cookies so keep that in mind and export them if you want to keep them.
Choose Preferences from the Safari menu. Then do the following:
- Select the Security icon and then click on “Block pop-up windows“. This should stop many types of pop-ups from appearing.
- Next check on your homepage and the settings for the search engines. Adware likes messing with those. We can not provide more specific instructions for this, as you may be using many different browsers.
- Select the General icon and look at the Homepage field. It should either be empty or filled with the address of the Homepage you want.
- Follow up on the Search icon. Again it should be either the default search engine or any that you have set for yourself. Note that in some versions of Safari these settings are found in the General panel/
Open Safari and click on the Extensions button. Note that Adware use extensions almost exclusively to inject the pop-up Ads into your browser. Any extension on this list that you do not remember installing yourself is likely planted there by the Adware. Remove ALL extensions you are unfamiliar with.
|Name||Alert Cellphone Club|
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||Users may constantly get prompted to click on sponsored advertisements during their web browsing sessions.|
|Distribution Method||Software developers typically bundle browser hijackers with some other applications and distribute them in one package.|
How do the browser hijackers get installed in the system?
Most Browser Hijackers are downloaded and installed on the computer when the users do not carefully monitor the configuration settings of the setup packages they run. This is because programs like Alert Cellphone Club are commonly bundled along with other free and appealing programs and get installed along with them as bonus components to the main installation package.
Most users who are faced with a browser hijacker like this one are mainly negative about its activities because the program can change their browsers’ preferred homepage or search engine and shower their screen with various notifications pop-up ads and alerts.
Fortunately, such apps are not aimed at targeting the device of users but are instead aimed at pressuring people to consume third-party content supported by pop-up ads and automatic page redirects that appear all over the screen of their web browser. The good news is that it is perfectly possible for programs like Alert Cellphone Club to be uninstalled from the system as they are much easier to deal with compared to security hazards.
There are many professional programs that can help you to remove the browser hijacker if you have never done this before and on this page, you will find a trustworthy one. You can also safely remove Alert Cellphone Club with the help of the manual instructions in the removal guide below but for that, you will need to dedicate some time and attention.
One way to prevent the browser hijacker in the future is by avoiding any questionable or untrustworthy third-party applications. Use the more specific installation options when installing new software (usually we advise you to select the Advanced or the Custom settings) and read all small text or pre-selected checkboxes, which include additional programs inside the main software package.