Antiplus.co.in is a browser hijacker that is known to spam your browser with ads and redirect your traffic aggressively. It will not damage your computer, but it will bombard your monitor with all sorts of pop-up notifications and banners that forward you to websites that may be insecure.In case you’re on this website, you have probably been heavily disturbed by the constant flow of aggressive advertisements, which such virus has started to display on your Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or any other web browser. You may also have found that some unexpected “improvements” have happened in your default browsing application caused by the Antiplus.co.in virus.
For example, a new search engine or a different homepage has been introduced along with some new tab page changes or some strange redirect buttons. These are the typical symptoms of having a browser hijacker on your system and if your attempts to remove those changes have been unsuccessful so far, the paragraphs that follow can be of great use. There you will find more information about the specifics of Antiplus.co.in, a detailed manual removal guide and a professional removal tool that can help you uninstall the unwanted program.
The Antiplus.co.in Virus
In reality, apps like Antiplus.co.in, iStart Search Bar, Poshukach.com are simply online advertising tools that only search for the most effective ways in which certain goods, services, and their related websites can be marketed on your screen. Apps like the Antiplus.co.in virus are generally not harmful and do not normally damage the machine in any way. However, they are not protected by malware code that can sneak inside the stream of regularly displayed web ads and links. That’s why you should always proceed with caution if you are about to click on the promotional messages and redirect prompts that you see on your monitor. Some of them may be infected by real viruses and once click will be enough to catch threats such as Ransomware, or Trojan horse viruses.
What is Antiplus.co.in?
The word browser hijacker is a common word used for programs like the Antiplus.co.in virus. Such programs have been designed to show a broad range of advertisements on your computer’s screen. Most browser hijacker applications, like Antiplus.co.in, and Systemmeasures.life, can also redirect the search requests of their users to other websites and sponsored links. This is usually done with the idea to generate traffic and clicks on specific pages that pay for promotion and visibility. One explanation that such browser hijacker programs may frequently be considered questionable is because they may often redirect you to low-quality pages or links that might be compromised by malware such as Ransomware or viruses.
Nevertheless, this is not the main purpose of programs such as Antiplus.co.in. But even if that is not the case, because of their disruptive and aggressive behavior and the modifications they usually make to the default browsers without requesting permission, a number of web users consider browser hijackers to be potentially unwanted pieces of software. Of course, this is not the rule and may never happen but it is still a possibility which can be a good enough reason for some people to uninstall pieces like Antiplus.co.in without regret.
Antiplus.co.in on Chrome
The good news is that, when removed, these programs can no longer mess with the settings of the web browser and cannot spam it with nagging pop-ups, pop-unders, banners, text messages, etc. Your attempts to open a new page or start a new browsing session will also no longer be interrupted by automatic redirects to pages that are unfamiliar to you. That’s why, if you want to regain control over your web surfing activity right away, we encourage you to use the steps in the removal guide below or perform a system scan with the professional Antiplus.co.in removal tool that is attached to the guide.
How to Remove Antiplus.co.in
To try and remove Antiplus.co.in quickly you can try this:
- Go to your browser’s settings and select More Tools (or Add-ons, depending on your browser).
- Then click on the Extensions tab.
- Look for the Antiplus.co.in extension (as well as any other unfamiliar ones).
- Remove Antiplus.co.in by clicking on the Trash Bin icon next to its name.
- Confirm and get rid of Antiplus.co.in and any other suspicious items.
If this does not work as described please follow our more detailed Antiplus.co.in removal guide below.
If you have a Windows virus, continue with the guide below.
If you have a Mac virus, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you have an Android virus, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
If you have an iPhone virus, please use our iPhone Virus Removal guide.
Some of the steps may require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Next, Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
Uninstall the Antiplus.co.in app and kill its processes
The first thing you must try to do is look for any sketchy installs on your computer and uninstall anything you think may come from Antiplus.co.in. After that, you’ll also need to get rid of any processes that may be related to the unwanted app by searching for them in the Task Manager.
Note that sometimes an app, especially a rogue one, may ask you to install something else or keep some of its data (such as settings files) on your PC – never agree to that when trying to delete a potentially rogue software. You need to make sure that everything is removed from your PC to get rid of the malware. Also, if you aren’t allowed to go through with the uninstallation, proceed with the guide, and try again after you’ve completed everything else.
- Uninstalling the rogue app
- Killing any rogue processes
Type Apps & Features in the Start Menu, open the first result, sort the list of apps by date, and look for suspicious recently installed entries.
Click on anything you think could be linked to Antiplus.co.in, then select uninstall, and follow the prompts to delete the app.
Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc, click More Details (if it’s not already clicked), and look for suspicious entries that may be linked to Antiplus.co.in.
If you come across a questionable process, right-click it, click Open File Location, scan the files with the free online malware scanner shown below, and then delete anything that gets flagged as a threat.
After that, if the rogue process is still visible in the Task Manager, right-click it again and select End Process.
Undo Antiplus.co.in changes made to different system settings
It’s possible that Antiplus.co.in has affected various parts of your system, making changes to their settings. This can enable the malware to stay on the computer or automatically reinstall itself after you’ve seemingly deleted it. Therefore, you need to check the following elements by going to the Start Menu, searching for specific system elements that may have been affected, and pressing Enter to open them and see if anything has been changed there without your approval. Then you must undo any unwanted changes made to these settings in the way shown below:
Type in Start Menu: View network connections
Right-click on your primary network, go to Properties, and do this:
Type in Start Menu: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
Type in the Start Menu: Startup apps
Type in the Start Menu: Task Scheduler
Type in the Start Menu: Services
Type in the Start Menu: Registry Editor
Press Ctrl + F to open the search window
Remove Antiplus.co.in from your browsers
- Delete Antiplus.co.in from Chrome
- Delete Antiplus.co.in from Firefox
- Delete Antiplus.co.in from Edge
- Go to the Chrome menu > More tools > Extensions, and toggle off and Remove any unwanted extensions.
- Next, in the Chrome Menu, go to Settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data > Advanced. Tick everything except Passwords and click OK.
- Go to Privacy & Security > Site Settings > Notifications and delete any suspicious sites that are allowed to send you notifications. Do the same in Site Settings > Pop-ups and redirects.
- Go to Appearance and if there’s a suspicious URL in the Custom web address field, delete it.
- Firefox menu, go to Add-ons and themes > Extensions, toggle off any questionable extensions, click their three-dots menu, and click Remove.
- Open Settings from the Firefox menu, go to Privacy & Security > Clear Data, and click Clear.
- Scroll down to Permissions, click Settings on each permission, and delete from it any questionable sites.
- Go to the Home tab, see if there’s a suspicious URL in the Homepage and new windows field, and delete it.
- Open the browser menu, go to Extensions, click Manage Extensions, and Disable and Remove any rogue items.
- From the browser menu, click Settings > Privacy, searches, and services > Choose what to clear, check all boxes except Passwords, and click Clear now.
- Go to the Cookies and site permissions tab, check each type of permission for permitted rogue sites, and delete them.
- Open the Start, home, and new tabs section, and if there’s a rogue URL under Home button, delete it.