This page aims to help you remove Application.bitcoinminer.sx. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
If we speak about viruses, there is hardly anything more popular than Trojan horses. These malicious pieces of software are known to most online users as some of the most dreadful and hazardous infections. And surely, there is a good reason for that. Trojans are very widely spread on the web. More than 70% of all malicious infections that happen on the web are due to these nasty guys, according to leading security experts. Not only are they very popular and widespread, but once inside the computer, the harmful Trojan scripts can perform various malicious deeds. In fact, you can never be sure what exactly may happen to your PC if a Trojan has compromised it. It is entirely up to the hackers, who control the malware, to decide what to use it for, and trust us, with the help of such threats they can do way more harm than you can imagine. A good reason to be worried is if you detect a Trojan like Application.bitcoinminer.sx, for instance. This new infection has recently been reported to our team and some victims have already contacted our “How to remove” experts for assistance. If you landed on this site because you have been compromised by Application.bitcoinminer.sx, probably the information that you will find here will help you remove it. We have assembled a very detailed removal guide with step-by-step instructions, so, we encourage you to follow it and eliminate the nasty Trojan immediately. But before that, let us give you an idea of what exactly you are dealing with.
Corruption, destruction, espionage – what more can Application.bitcoinminer.sx do?
As we already said above, Trojan horses can be very harmful. They usually infect you silently (usually via a fake ad, misleading link or infected email attachment), and in most of the cases, if your antivirus fails to detect the threat, it may take you weeks, or even months to notice that something malicious is lurking inside your system. Such malware lacks the typical virus symptoms and will do everything to remain hidden for as long as possible. But don’t think that it will just stay there passively. When the hackers, who control the infection, decide to activate it, the Trojan will immediately get down to business. The same is the case with Application.bitcoinminer.sx. This new threat can be programmed to perform practically anything malicious you could think of. Let us give you some possible common results of such an infection.
Application.bitcoinminer.sx Virus Removal
If you are a Windows user, continue with the guide below.
If you are a Mac user, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you are an Android user, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab (the “Details” Tab on Win 8 and 10). Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them.
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Open the start menu and search for Network Connections (On Windows 10 you just write it after clicking the Windows button), press enter.
- Right-click on the Network Adapter you are using —> Properties —> Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP/IP), click Properties.
- The DNS line should be set to Obtain DNS server automatically. If it is not, set it yourself.
- Click on Advanced —> the DNS tab. Remove everything here (if there is something) —> OK.
- After you complete this step, the threat will be gone from your browsers. Finish the next step as well or it may reappear on a system reboot.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut —> Properties.
NOTE: We are showing Google Chrome, but you can do this for Firefox and IE (or Edge).
Properties —–> Shortcut. In Target, remove everything after .exe.
Remove Application.bitcoinminer.sx from Internet Explorer:
Open IE, click —–> Manage Add-ons.
Find the threat —> Disable. Go to —–> Internet Options —> change the URL to whatever you use (if hijacked) —> Apply.
Remove Application.bitcoinminer.sx from Firefox:
Open Firefox, click ——-> Add-ons —-> Extensions.
Find the adware/malware —> Remove.
Remove Application.bitcoinminer.sx from Chrome:
Close Chrome. Navigate to:
C:/Users/!!!!USER NAME!!!!/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data. There is a Folder called “Default” inside:
Rename it to Backup Default. Restart Chrome.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Inside, press CTRL and F together and type the threat’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide doesn’t help, download the anti-virus program we recommended or try our free online virus scanner. Also, you can always ask us in the comments for help!
- Trojans are perfect tools of data theft. With their ability to sneak inside the system undetected, they can silently gain access to your files, your documents, confidential work data, archives, banking information, accounts, login credentials and more. In some cases, when the hackers want to steal the victim’s money or online profiles, they can use methods like keylogging to keep track on all the keystrokes and this way, extract the passwords and login credentials of the users.
- Viruses like Application.bitcoinminer.sx may also be used as tools for system destruction. They can be programmed to corrupt certain files, system coding, registry keys, user data and more. The aim here can be a malfunction or total destruction of the OS.
- A very common usage of Trojans is also espionage. Unfortunately, this activity does not happen only in the movies and the victims of an infection like Application.bitcoinminer.sx may suddenly realize that they have been spied on for days, weeks or even months. The hackers can basically gain unauthorized access to the victim’s computer, manipulate its camera and mic, track its entire online and offline activity and then use the collected data in ruthless blackmail schemes.
- In some cases, the purpose of the Trojan could be to simply deliver another, much nastier infection, such as Ransomware. It is common for the hackers to pack a combo of two or more viruses and insert it into the victim’s system in one shot. The results of such an attack could be really devastating, that’s why it is very important for the users to protect their PC and remove any Trojan infection the very moment they come to know about it.
Can you remove Application.bitcoinminer.sx without professional help?
Application.bitcoinminer.sx is a very advanced Trojan horse infection. To handle it properly, and more importantly, to prevent further system corruption, you should carefully proceed to the steps in the removal guide below. We have provided detailed manual instructions for removal of the infection, but we have to warn you to pay attention when it comes to deleting the files. For best results, we suggest you scan your PC with the professional Application.bitcoinminer.sx removal tool. It will detect the malicious files in no time and you will be able to effectively remove them.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||Almost invisible symptoms, or total lack of such.|
|Distribution Method||Spam messages, malicious emails with attachments, misleading links, fake ads, sketchy software installers.|
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.