This page aims to help you remove Autohotkey Virus. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
There reason for the writing of this article and the Removal Guide below is a Trojan horse virus called Autohotkey. It’s main trait and what makes it so hazardous is the fact that nobody can say what its real purposes are for sure. It is this uncertainty that as well as the stealthy nature of this infection that makes such malware programs some of the most problematic and harmful out there.
With hope this article will be of help to you when it comes to successfully removing the infection inflicted by this cyber threat, we’ll present you with the info you need to be aware of if Autohotkey Virus has infected your machine. We’ve also included some useful prevention tips and some effective removal instructions.
Trojan-like programs are a type of very dangerous viruses that can cause different issues to your PC. The viruses belonging to this group use numerous stealthy distribution methods to infiltrate your machine. Not only that, they could have just as many varying uses and purposes. What connects all of them and makes them an independent malware category is their ability to gain full access to everything on your machine without giving any visible symptoms that can help you detect them.
If you are familiar with the myth about the Trojan war and the infamous wooden horse that was used to defeat the defenders of Troy, you will see why the same name is used when referring to this malware type. Such viruses subtly infiltrate your system while staying under the radar in the majority of instances, and then they proceed with their terrible and illegal acts.
What can Autohotkey be used for?
Such viruses can have various purposes. The most dangerous and widespread of them have been enlisted below:
- The cyber criminals behind such a virus may seek to destroy or corrupt something on your PC. The potential targets can be valuable user data or important and essential system files. The malware might try to cause damage to your system making the PC unstable and in some cases even rendering your machine unable to load Windows meaning that you’d be unable to use your computer whatsoever if that happened to you.
- The dishonest people behind Autohotkey could be after your money or virtual identity. Perhaps that is why Trojans could get exploited for tracking and copying your account info which might later allow the hackers to drain your bank accounts or to take over your online identity.
- This kind of viruses might get used for providing backdoor for other malicious programs to your personal computer. Autohotkey could infect your system with other just as dangerous viruses like various Ransomware forms. In case you are not familiar what Ransomware viruses do, such viruses are typically used for encrypting important personal user files and then blackmailing the victim for a payment if the latter wishes to get the access to their own data restored. Ransomware is currently one of the most difficult to deal with malware threats and Trojans are very commonly used for spreading such viruses throughout the Internet world.
- The cyber criminals behind many such malicious programs may also use the malware to take control over your device and keep track of everything you do on your computer. There are numerous espionage techniques that can be used – keylogging, taking screenshots of your screen, using your webcam to stalk on you, etc.
How to successfully avoid and/or remove Autohotkey:
If you wish to stay away from Trojans, you will need to learn about its primary sources – avoiding them will ensure that no future infections occur. The most common among countless possible means of distributing Autohotkey are:
- Malvertising (the process of spreading pop-up ads leading to malware-containing web pages);
- Unreliable/spam emails that could be found both inside your Spam Folder or your Inbox Directory. Typically, what carries the infection are the email attachments or the links added to such sketchy messages.
- Social media hyperlinks – maybe it has caught your eye that spam also spreads across social media platforms in the form of videos, gifs, images and links. You really need to be careful what you are clicking on as it might not always be safe.
Help with the removal of Autohotkey you can find in the Removal Guide on this page. We hope it is going to be beneficial and that the instructions in there would be enough to solve your Autohotkey-related problem.
Autohotkey Virus Removal
Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker – you might want to see if you’re not infected with it as well.