Commonsecurity.co.in is advertising software that displays ads in the main browser and changes the search engine and the address of the homepage. Commonsecurity.co.in also looks through the history of the browser in order to determine the preferences of the individual user. Once this app figures out what content you are interested in and what kinds of pages you tend to visit in your browser, it begins to display adverts and trigger page redirects that are in line with your supposed interests. This may seem like a helpful feature for users who frequently shop online but it must be said that not all ads shown on the screen are what they seem. Some might be misleading and some might be outright dangerous so it is best to avoid them.
The fact that it may be a bit tricky to remove Commonsecurity.co.in doesn’t automatically mean that this app is some sort of harmful and dangerous virus such as a Trojan horse, Spyware, or Ransomware. Commonsecurity.co.in is still more or less harmless to the system despite its aggressive advertising behavior.
The Commonsecurity.co.in Virus
Apps like the Commonsecurity.co.in virus are referred to as browser hijackers (Gemheartartisan, Networkhistory.co.in) and they are usually compatible with Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge, Opera, and many other browsers. Since their creators earn money from the paid ads displayed by these apps, they are interested in ensuring that their hijackers get onto as many computers as possible. Making the hijacker compatible with different types of browsers is one of the ways to get more users exposed to its ads. Additionally, most apps of this category are rather difficult to remove from the computer where they are installed. Unlike regular add-ons for browsers, hijackers don’t offer an easy uninstallation option and the users are usually confused regarding the way they are supposed to rid their computers of the unwanted application.
What is Commonsecurity.co.in?
If Commonsecurity.co.in stays in the browser, you will most definitely experience some rather unpleasant browsing disruptions that can make your whole online experience highly frustrating. This, however, isn’t even the biggest issue related to hijackers like Commonsecurity.co.in. Above we mentioned that these apps aren’t capable of causing direct harm to the computer on which they are installed but this doesn’t mean that they are perfectly safe and that you can trust them. Hijackers like this one don’t typically impose too much control over the ads they show and they usually don’t discriminate between the sources of said ads. In other words, you could potentially get exposed to advertisements that are linked to unsafe sites with hazardous content.
The Commonsecurity.co.in pop-ups can be highly disruptive, flooding your browser with unwanted advertisements, potentially exposing your system to various threats like Trojan horses, viruses, and ransomware. Browser hijackers, like Commonsecurity.co.in, often employ malvertising techniques, actively showing different ads on users’ screens. While not as severe as certain malware, allowing such an app to remain in your browser increases the risk of encountering security issues. To regain control and eliminate the annoying ads, refer to the Commonsecurity.co.in removal guide provided below for step-by-step instructions. By following these steps, you can restore your browser to its normal state and mitigate potential security concerns.
Commonsecurity.co.in on Chrome
Commonsecurity.co.in on Chrome is a browser hijacker causing disruptions during online sessions. Browser hijackers like Commonsecurity.co.in typically make unauthorized changes to browser settings, altering the homepage or default search engine. Users encountering this on Chrome may experience frequent auto-redirects and intrusive pop-up ads, impacting their web browsing experience. While not as severe as viruses like Trojans or Ransomware, Commonsecurity.co.in’s primary objective is to generate revenue through pay-per-click advertisements. It is crucial for affected users to take immediate action, removing the application and restoring preferred browser settings to regain control and ensure a smoother online experience.
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Remove Commonsecurity.co.in Virus
To try and remove Commonsecurity.co.in quickly you can try this:
- Go to your browser’s settings and select More Tools (or Add-ons, depending on your browser).
- Then click on the Extensions tab.
- Look for the Commonsecurity.co.in extension (as well as any other unfamiliar ones).
- Remove Commonsecurity.co.in by clicking on the Trash Bin icon next to its name.
- Confirm and get rid of Commonsecurity.co.in and any other suspicious items.
If this does not work as described please follow our more detailed Commonsecurity.co.in removal guide below.
If you have a Windows virus, continue with the guide below.
If you have a Mac virus, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you have an Android virus, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
If you have an iPhone virus, please use our iPhone Virus Removal guide
Some of the steps may require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Next, Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
Uninstall the Commonsecurity.co.in app and kill its processes
The first thing you must try to do is look for any sketchy installs on your computer and uninstall anything you think may come from Commonsecurity.co.in. After that, you’ll also need to get rid of any processes that may be related to the unwanted app by searching for them in the Task Manager.
Note that sometimes an app, especially a rogue one, may ask you to install something else or keep some of its data (such as settings files) on your PC – never agree to that when trying to delete a potentially rogue software. You need to make sure that everything is removed from your PC to get rid of the malware. Also, if you aren’t allowed to go through with the uninstallation, proceed with the guide, and try again after you’ve completed everything else.
- Uninstalling the rogue app
- Killing any rogue processes
Type Apps & Features in the Start Menu, open the first result, sort the list of apps by date, and look for suspicious recently installed entries.
Click on anything you think could be linked to Commonsecurity.co.in, then select uninstall, and follow the prompts to delete the app.
Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc, click More Details (if it’s not already clicked), and look for suspicious entries that may be linked to Commonsecurity.co.in.
If you come across a questionable process, right-click it, click Open File Location, scan the files with the free online malware scanner shown below, and then delete anything that gets flagged as a threat.
After that, if the rogue process is still visible in the Task Manager, right-click it again and select End Process.
Undo Commonsecurity.co.in changes made to different system settings
It’s possible that Commonsecurity.co.in has affected various parts of your system, making changes to their settings. This can enable the malware to stay on the computer or automatically reinstall itself after you’ve seemingly deleted it. Therefore, you need to check the following elements by going to the Start Menu, searching for specific system elements that may have been affected, and pressing Enter to open them and see if anything has been changed there without your approval. Then you must undo any unwanted changes made to these settings in the way shown below:
Type in Start Menu: View network connections
Right-click on your primary network, go to Properties, and do this:
Type in Start Menu: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
Type in the Start Menu: Startup apps
Type in the Start Menu: Task Scheduler
Type in the Start Menu: Services
Type in the Start Menu: Registry Editor
Press Ctrl + F to open the search window
Remove Commonsecurity.co.in from your browsers
- Delete Commonsecurity.co.in from Chrome
- Delete Commonsecurity.co.in from Firefox
- Delete Commonsecurity.co.in from Edge
- Go to the Chrome menu > More tools > Extensions, and toggle off and Remove any unwanted extensions.
- Next, in the Chrome Menu, go to Settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data > Advanced. Tick everything except Passwords and click OK.
- Go to Privacy & Security > Site Settings > Notifications and delete any suspicious sites that are allowed to send you notifications. Do the same in Site Settings > Pop-ups and redirects.
- Go to Appearance and if there’s a suspicious URL in the Custom web address field, delete it.
- irefox menu, go to Add-ons and themes > Extensions, toggle off any questionable extensions, click their three-dots menu, and click Remove.
- Open Settings from the Firefox menu, go to Privacy & Security > Clear Data, and click Clear.
- Scroll down to Permissions, click Settings on each permission, and delete from it any questionable sites.
- Go to the Home tab, see if there’s a suspicious URL in the Homepage and new windows field, and delete it.
- Open the browser menu, go to Extensions, click Manage Extensions, and Disable and Remove any rogue items.
- From the browser menu, click Settings > Privacy, searches, and services > Choose what to clear, check all boxes except Passwords, and click Clear now.
- Go to the Cookies and site permissions tab, check each type of permission for permitted rogue sites, and delete them.
- Open the Start, home, and new tabs section, and if there’s a rogue URL under Home button, delete it.