This page aims to help you remove Crypt0l0cker Virus File for free. Our instructions also cover how any Crypt0l0cker files can be recovered.
In this article we are going to review the software category of the Ransomware viruses. For your information, these programs are in fact among the most horrible cyber threats that you are likely to come to face nowadays. Such viruses will sneak into your system, research all its drives and disks and determine which of your files you tend to access on a regular basis. Consequently, all of the predefined data will end up encrypted. Later on, a ransom amount will be required from you in exchange of your locked up files. This extremely disturbing description also fits Crypt0l0cker – the topic of the current article.
General description of Ransomware
Ransomware represents harmful software, famous for some encoding activities – either of your device screen, desktop or the files stored on it. Although the specific Ransomwares you may face could be targeting different components of your system, they have some traits in common. These programs infect your computer on their own, mostly automatically, meaning that once you come across some of their sources, they will subtly sneak into your PC and perform whatever they have been programmed to. Then, the normal course of events proceeds and a ransom amount is wanted from you in order to “free” your monitor/screen or data.
As Ransomware could be divided in several subtypes and not all of them affect the same system components, we are going to enlist the most common ones, so that you will have a clue about the possible infection you are facing:
- The Ransomware viruses, which attack the desktop of your computers: Such viruses only attack the desktops of your computers (or laptops). In fact, nothing can happen to your data, however, the virus will generate an entire-screen notification, which will make you incapable of accessing anything behind it. Typically, such a notification will comprise the ransom request plus some payment details.
- The Ransomware viruses, which affect mobile devices: These viruses only infect smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices. Their way of acting is similar to the one of the desktop-blocking type, as they limit your access to the screen of your mobile device by displaying a ransom-demanding alert, which covers the entire display. This alert will let you know about the occurred infection, and will require demands some money in exchange for unlocking your screen.
- The most famous category: the file-encrypting Ransomware: Actually, this is the subtype Crypt0l0cker falls into and represents the most widely spread Ransomware category. What such a program will do is sneak into your system, determine which data is most valuable to you and encrypt the same data. After that you will be asked to pay an amount of money as ransom in exchange for decrypting your important files. Honestly, this is the most awful type of Ransomware, as some vital information could be affected and you may never be able to get it back.
Sources of Crypt0l0cker
If you are not aware of the potential Ransomware sources, we can say that a contamination could come from various places and content on the web. To illustrate this statement with examples, we are going to mention the most common ones:
- torrents and shareware may contain such a virus;
- Crypt0l0cker may also be included in some particular contaminated web pages (once you visit such a site, this malware may come as a drive-by download to your PC);
- This Ransomware could lurk inside a letter or any of its attachments inside your email. In such a case, it is usually distributed together with a Trojan, whose goal is to determine how your PC is most likely to be penetrated, and to sneak Crypt0l0cker inside it, exploiting a program or system vulnerability;
- The majority of all infections have actually happened because the victim user has clicked on a malicious online ad.
Possible working solutions in case of an ongoing contamination
Firstly, we suggest that you don’t pay the hackers as soon as they demand the ransom. To your disappointment, that will not guarantee you the decryption of your hijacked data. Second of all, it could be wise to consult a professional for some advice and assistance. Some experts may have some more experience dealing with such threats, and may really come in handy. Lastly but still importantly, you can always try to remove this virus with the help of a Removal Guide (check ours below).
|Danger Level||High (Ransomware is by far the worst threat you can encounter)|
|Symptoms||Very dangerous because of the lack of any infection signs until the ransom alert appears. Sometimes the encryption process slows down the entire system.|
|Distribution Method||Mostly found inside emails and attachments; fake pop-ups and updates; as well as shareware, torrents and various websites.|
|Data Recovery Tool||Currently Unavailable|
Crypt0l0cker Virus File Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Go in Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer.
- Please note that ransomware may even include a fake Manufacturer name to its process. Make sure you check out every process here is legitimate.
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter. Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name.
Search for the ransomware in your registries and delete the entries. Be extremely careful – you can damage your system if you delete entries not related to the ransomware.
Type each of the following in the Windows Search Field:
Delete everything in Temp. The rest just check out for anything recently added. Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!
How to Decrypt Crypt0l0cker files
We have a comprehensive (and daily updated) guide on how to decrypt your files. Check it out here.
If the guide didn’t help you, download the anti-virus program we recommended or ask us in the comments for guidance!