The following article aims to help users turn Dark Mode on their Apple iPhone or iPad. The guide is only applicable for iOS 13 and iPadOS 13.
How to turn Dark Mode?
Do you remember when different apps started introducing Dark Mode and everyone was massively experimenting with the new look? Well, the craze about this cool feature hasn’t died down quite yet. If anything, it’s gaining a new wave of momentum as Apple introduces Dark Mode for its devices with the latest iOS 13 software update.
Dark Mode basically inverts the normally black-on-white appearance of your screen to white-on-black. For one, it’s just a very different look that might just even seem cooler. But Dark Mode actually has a practical application as well. It happens to be much easier on your eyes, especially when you’re using your smart device at night or in a dark room. In addition, this can help prolong your battery life because the screen brightness is drastically reduced. And if your device has an OLED screen, then that’s all the truer. This is because OLED screens actually switch off the black pixels entirely, so the black you see is the natural color of the screen when turned off.
And while other companies were quick to jump on this bandwagon at the very beginning of the “dark” trend, Apple decided to take its time with it. And with good reason, too, as it seems. Dark Mode has become the most prominent feature of the latest operating system release. And what also makes it so great is that it automatically transfers on to any apps or websites you’re using, as long as they already support Dark Mode.
But if you’ve already updated your iOS or iPadOS to the latest version and don’t know how to take advantage of this hot new feature, here’s a guide to show you exactly how to do that. We’ve done our best to make this guide simple to use, so please don’t forget to leave us a comment in the comment section below to let us know if we helped!
How to activate Dark Mode in Settings:
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to the Display & Brightness.
- Under Appearance, tap on Dark to activate Dark Mode. If you choose to go back to the old look, simply tap on Light.
How to activate Dark Mode from the Control Center:
- Slide open the Control Center. If you are using an iPhone X or later, you will have to pull it down from the top right corner of your screen. If your iPhone has the actual physical Home button, then you will have to pull it up from the bottom of the screen upwards.
- Tap and hold down the Brightness slider.
- Tap the Dark Mode option in the resulting screen. If you want to return to Light Mode, simply tap this option again.
How to add Dark Mode toggle in the Control Center:
- Head over to Settings and tap on the Control Center section.
- Tap on Customize Controls and under More Controls tap on the + icon opposite Dark Mode. Now you will have a dedicated Dark Mode toggle when you pull up the Control Center.