This page aims to help you remove Ditertag.B Trojan. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
It is important to know how to keep your computer system well-protected against the various dangers that can come from the World Wide Web. One of the main threats that one can encounter online is the so-called Trojan Horse malware category. This is a well-known type of malicious software yet it is still important to learn more about its main characteristics so that you can successfully defend against it. Down below, we will focus on one particular example of a Trojan Horse virus – the so-called Ditertag.B. Read carefully the next paragraphs and make sure to remember the information contained in them. If you have already gotten your machine infected by this nasty virus, we might be able to aid you in getting rid of it. A removal guide has been added at the bottom of the current article with instructions on how to eliminate the malicious threat and restore your computer system back to normal. Make sure to visit the guide and utilize its instructions in case you have Ditertag.B on your computer.
More about Ditertag.B
Ditertag.B is a dangerous malware program which belongs to the Trojan Horse family. Viruses like this one are capable of sneaking inside the targeted computer and executing a number of different malicious and illegal tasks without getting noticed by the user. Most Trojans tend to get distributed disguised as seemingly harmless software. The idea is that the user gets tricked into thinking that the malware file isn’t something malicious and opening it. Upon executing the malware file, the Trojan gets integrated inside the computer’s system. However, it is highly-likely that even at this point, the user could remain clueless regarding the infection. This sneaky behavior of Trojans is what makes them so particularly dangerous and difficult to intercept. In terms of functionality, as we said above, a typical representative of this malware category could be programmed and used to carry out all kinds of unwanted actions within the infected machine. In the next paragraph, we will give you some examples of what a Trojan might be capable of doing.
Ditertag.B Trojan Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
To remove parasite on your own, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. If you were to do this, you need to be extremely careful, because you may damage your system.
If you want to avoid the risk, we recommend downloading SpyHunter - a professional malware removal tool - to see whether it will find malicious programs on your PC.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
What can a typical Trojan do?
There are very many different ways a Trojan Horse virus can get used. Some of the most common ones will be listed below but there are also many other possible uses of viruses like Ditertag.B that will not be mentioned here, so keep that in mind.
- Backdoor – Trojans have this noxious ability to load and sneak other malware into your PC. In this case, the virus would be called a “backdoor” as it would allow another piece of malware to infect your computer without the need for you to do anything. Commonly, Trojan Horses are used to spread Ransomware – another particularly nasty virus type that locks the files of the user and blackmails the victim for a ransom payment.
- Damage to the computer system – some Trojans also might be capable of corrupting your system by deleting or modifying important system files or Registry keys leading to freezes, errors, Blue Screen crashes, computer slow-down and in some of the worst cases, inability of the PC to boot into Windows.
- Botnet – this sort of malware is also famous for creating networks of infected PCs that are all used to carry out tasks such as cybercurrency mining and distribution of spam online messages. In such a case, the infected PC would be forced to use most of its resources for whatever task the hacker wants it to complete.
- Spying on you – A lot of Trojans can also keep tabs on what you do on your PC. The virus might try to learn your online accounts’ credentials or take snapshots of your PC screen. In some instances, it might even turn on your webcam without you being aware of that and use it to stalk you.
One of the most essential pieces of advice that we can give you here is to always make sure that your system and the software programs on your PC have been updated to their latest versions so that there won’t be any known unpatched vulnerabilities. Also, always have a good antivirus at your disposal since it can be very difficult to manually detect a Trojan – oftentimes there aren’t any symptoms triggered by such a virus.
In order to keep your machine safe in future, make sure that you don’t go to any web addresses where such malware might lurk. Normally, you must avoid shady and suspicious sites, e-mails and other web messages that could be spam or fishy-looking online ads as those are among the most commonly used methods for spreading Trojans and infecting computers with such viruses.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||Trojans can have all sorts of symptoms like CPU and RAM spikes, system errors, freezes, BSOD crashes and others but they could also have no symptoms whatsoever.|
|Distribution Method||Shady spam messages, misleading and unreliable web ads and offers, fake update requests, illegal sites, etc.|
|Detection Tool||We generally recommend SpyHunter or a similar anti-malware program that is updated daily.|
If the guide doesn’t help, download the anti-virus program we recommended or try our free online virus scanner. Also, you can always ask us in the comments for help!