Easy PDF Combine
Hijackers like Easy PDF Combine are often regarded as malware due to their intrusive nature and tendency to execute tasks without the user’s approval. However, it should be made clear that despite the many similarities, there are still some major differences between PUPs and PC viruses the likes of Ransomware and Trojans.
Do you have a problem with your Chrome, Safari or IE browser, where it has been modified by some sketchy application that has installed a new search engine and a new toolbar or that has changed your browser’s starting page? If that is your current situation, then it is highly likely that you are dealing with a program named Easy PDF Combine. Another possible issue that you might experience with this piece of software is that it might sometimes redirect your browser to websites that you did not intend to visit. Programs similar to Easy PDF Combine are very common and usually share similar traits. The term used to describe them is PUPs. Software of this type tries to “hijack” your browser and introduce various, and usually unwanted modifications to it. Most users that are faced with a Browser Hijacker that has been installed on their PC are looking for a way to have it removed from their PC, which is exactly what we will teach our readers in this article. However, before we present you with the removal guide, you will first need to get acquainted with some important information concerning software like Easy PDF Combine, since being well informed can greatly benefit you in the future, should you ever again come across a Hijacker.
Are they the same as viruses?
- First of all, most Hijackers are not used for malicious purposes. Generally, programs like Easy PDF Combine are nothing but an online marketing tool that employs overly aggressive advertising techniques. However, as aggressive as its methods might be, they are usually not aimed at causing damage to your system and security or messing with your personal data. With the viruses we mentioned above, it is exactly the opposite. Typical Ransomware can encrypt your files and prevent you from opening them until you pay a certain amount of money and a Trojan can directly turn your PC into a useless piece of scrap.
- Next, a lot of Hijackers out there are legally developed, distributed and employed software. Truth being told, even some respected and well-known companies have had products that possessed certain hijacker-like traits. In contrast to the legality of many programs falling under the Hijacker category, all viruses are illegal and used for illegal purposes.
- Lastly, instead of trying to remain unnoticed (as most viruses do) PUPs are always making sure that you will spot their presence as soon as you open your browser program. After all, what good would they be at advertising if they fail to make themselves as noticeable and respectively as annoying as possible.
Do not trust this program
As far as your PC and personal data security are concerned, you are probably in the clear, since you aren’t dealing with some malicious Ransomware virus or a Trojan horse. However, this is not to say that you are to trust Easy PDF Combine and allow it to remain active on your machine.
- A lot of times, apart from having the browser taken out of their control, some users might also have to deal with various types of obstructive online ads that are generated by the Hijacker. At times, it is even possible that you get redirected to some sketchy and potentially harmful site if you click on the wrong ad.
- A common way that Hijackers use in order to make the adverts look more attractive to the individual user is by gathering personal data from the user’s browser (recent searches, page visits etc.). Such privacy invasions should certainly not be tolerated by you.
- A lot of PC’s get affected by Hijackers in terms of productivity. While the system itself might not be directly damaged, the high RAM and CPU used by programs such as Easy PDF Combine can drastically slow-down the machine and make it unstable.
Our list of tips
Make sure to employ the following rules and guidelines if you want to avoid getting any more Hijackers installed onto your computer.
- Avoid sites with a bad reputation or ones that look suspicious and harmful.
- If you are to download something, be sure to use only trusted and well-known sources.
- Bear in mind that online spam is one of the most widely spread ways of distributing unwanted programs. If an e-mail or some other online message has a shady link or a file attachment, do not interact with it unless you are absolutely sure that it is not dangerous and unwanted.
- Getting a reliable anti-malware tool is always a good idea so you might consider getting one if you don’t already have such a tool.
- Never install any programs until you have made sure that they do not have any potentially unwanted applications bundled with them. To do this, you might sometimes need to opt for the Custom installation setting within the setup wizard so as to see the full list of added software. To leave any of the bundled programs out, all you need to do is uncheck them before you continue to launch the installation of the main program.
|Name||Easy PDF Combine|
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Easy PDF Combine Virus Uninstall
You are dealing with a malware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to clean up and reset your browser to its original settings without the malware returning.
You can find the removal guide here.
For mobile devices refer to these guides instead: Android, iPhone