This page aims to help you uninstall Easy PDF Combine “Virus”. These Easy PDF Combine removal instructions work for Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Mac and Windows.
Do you have a problem with your Chrome, Safari or IE browser, where it has been modified by some sketchy application that has installed a new search engine and a new toolbar or that has changed your browser’s starting page? If that is your current situation, then it is highly likely that you are dealing with a program named Easy PDF Combine. Another possible issue that you might experience with this piece of software is that it might sometimes redirect your browser to websites that you did not intend to visit. Programs similar to Easy PDF Combine are very common and usually share similar traits. The term used to describe them is PUPs. Software of this type tries to “hijack” your browser and introduce various, and usually unwanted modifications to it. Most users that are faced with a Browser Hijacker that has been installed on their PC are looking for a way to have it removed from their PC, which is exactly what we will teach our readers in this article. However, before we present you with the removal guide, you will first need to get acquainted with some important information concerning software like Easy PDF Combine, since being well informed can greatly benefit you in the future, should you ever again come across a Hijacker.
Are they the same as viruses?
Hijackers like Easy PDF Combine are often regarded as malware due to their intrusive nature and tendency to execute tasks without the user’s approval. However, it should be made clear that despite the many similarities, there are still some major differences between PUPs and PC viruses the likes of Ransomware and Trojans.
- First of all, most Hijackers are not used for malicious purposes. Generally, programs like Easy PDF Combine are nothing but an online marketing tool that employs overly aggressive advertising techniques. However, as aggressive as its methods might be, they are usually not aimed at causing damage to your system and security or messing with your personal data. With the viruses we mentioned above, it is exactly the opposite. Typical Ransomware can encrypt your files and prevent you from opening them until you pay a certain amount of money and a Trojan can directly turn your PC into a useless piece of scrap.
- Next, a lot of Hijackers out there are legally developed, distributed and employed software. Truth being told, even some respected and well-known companies have had products that possessed certain hijacker-like traits. In contrast to the legality of many programs falling under the Hijacker category, all viruses are illegal and used for illegal purposes.
- Lastly, instead of trying to remain unnoticed (as most viruses do) PUPs are always making sure that you will spot their presence as soon as you open your browser program. After all, what good would they be at advertising if they fail to make themselves as noticeable and respectively as annoying as possible.
Do not trust this program
As far as your PC and personal data security are concerned, you are probably in the clear, since you aren’t dealing with some malicious Ransomware virus or a Trojan horse. However, this is not to say that you are to trust Easy PDF Combine and allow it to remain active on your machine.
- A lot of times, apart from having the browser taken out of their control, some users might also have to deal with various types of obstructive online ads that are generated by the Hijacker. At times, it is even possible that you get redirected to some sketchy and potentially harmful site if you click on the wrong ad.
- A common way that Hijackers use in order to make the adverts look more attractive to the individual user is by gathering personal data from the user’s browser (recent searches, page visits etc.). Such privacy invasions should certainly not be tolerated by you.
- A lot of PC’s get affected by Hijackers in terms of productivity. While the system itself might not be directly damaged, the high RAM and CPU used by programs such as Easy PDF Combine can drastically slow-down the machine and make it unstable.
Our list of tips
Make sure to employ the following rules and guidelines if you want to avoid getting any more Hijackers installed onto your computer.
- Avoid sites with a bad reputation or ones that look suspicious and harmful.
- If you are to download something, be sure to use only trusted and well-known sources.
- Bear in mind that online spam is one of the most widely spread ways of distributing unwanted programs. If an e-mail or some other online message has a shady link or a file attachment, do not interact with it unless you are absolutely sure that it is not dangerous and unwanted.
- Getting a reliable anti-malware tool is always a good idea so you might consider getting one if you don’t already have such a tool.
- Never install any programs until you have made sure that they do not have any potentially unwanted applications bundled with them. To do this, you might sometimes need to opt for the Custom installation setting within the setup wizard so as to see the full list of added software. To leave any of the bundled programs out, all you need to do is uncheck them before you continue to launch the installation of the main program.
|Name||Easy PDF Combine|
|Symptoms||Most programs of this type tend to add new search engines and toolbars to your browser as well as change its previous homepage.|
|Distribution Method||The usual methods for spreading are sketchy online adverts and software bundling.|
|Detection Tool||We generally recommend SpyHunter or a similar anti-malware program that is updated daily.|
Easy PDF Combine “Virus” Uninstall
If you are a Windows user, continue with the guide below.
If you are a Mac user, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you are an Android user, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
This is the most important step. Do not skip it if you want to remove Easy PDF Combine successfully!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab (the “Details” Tab on Win 8 and 10). Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them.
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Open the start menu and search for Network Connections (On Windows 10 you just write it after clicking the Windows button), press enter.
- Right-click on the Network Adapter you are using —> Properties —> Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP/IP), click Properties.
- The DNS line should be set to Obtain DNS server automatically. If it is not, set it yourself.
- Click on Advanced —> the DNS tab. Remove everything here (if there is something) —> OK.
- After you complete this step, the threat will be gone from your browsers. Finish the next step as well or it may reappear on a system reboot.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut —> Properties.
NOTE: We are showing Google Chrome, but you can do this for Firefox and IE (or Edge).
Properties —–> Shortcut. In Target, remove everything after .exe.
Remove Easy PDF Combine from Internet Explorer:
Open IE, click —–> Manage Add-ons.
Find the threat —> Disable. Go to —–> Internet Options —> change the URL to whatever you use (if hijacked) —> Apply.
Remove Easy PDF Combine from Firefox:
Open Firefox, click ——-> Add-ons —-> Extensions.
Find the adware/malware —> Remove.
Remove Easy PDF Combine from Chrome:
Close Chrome. Navigate to:
C:/Users/!!!!USER NAME!!!!/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data. There is a Folder called “Default” inside:
Rename it to Backup Default. Restart Chrome.
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Inside, press CTRL and F together and type the threat’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide doesn’t help, download the anti-virus program we recommended or try our free online virus scanner. Also, you can always ask us in the comments for help!