EVILNUM is a dangerous piece of PC malware that can take over the attacked computer and force it to run harmful processes. EVILNUM has been categorized as a Trojan horse and it’s typically distributed under the guise of a spam email attachment or pirated program.
Virus programs like EVILNUM can be found all over the Internet as they belong to the most widespread malware category at the moment. One of the key factors that contribute to the huge popularity of the Trojan horse malware type stems from their versatile nature, there are a lot of different kinds of harm a virus like this could cause and also there’s pretty much no operating system that is immune to these threats. Even Mac computers and iPhone devices aren’t fully secure against Trojans. In fact, the number of Trojan horses that can attack Apple products has drastically increased throughout the past two or three years. This only goes to show how threatening and problematic the representatives of this malicious software category are.
The EVILNUM malware
In the current post, our main goal is to help those of you who have the EVILNUM malware on their PCs. If you aren’t sure whether the the EVILNUM malware is in your computer’s system, here are some of the potential symptoms that one could expect from such a virus attack:
- Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) crashes.
- Program freezes and errors that don’t normally occur.
- Increased usage of system resources (RAM, CPU, GPU, HDD space) without the running of any resource-intensive programs.
- Suspicious-looking processes in the Task Manager’s Processes tab that aren’t coming from the OS and use a lot of CPU and RAM.
- Corrupted files and programs.
- Changes in the settings of some of your programs (especially the browser) that you haven’t permitted or made yourself.
- Obscene and obnoxious adverts and banners in the browser, especially ones that promote/redirect to adult or gambling sites.
- Changes in some of the system’s settings.
- Any other irregularity or disturbance you may notice could also be a potential Trojan horse red flag.
One important thing we need to mention here, however, is that most (if not all) of the symptoms we listed above could have many different causes. A potential Trojan horse attack is only one of the possible reasons for those symptoms. Still, if you notice one or multiple of them, it’s essential that you rule out the possibility of a Trojan horse attack by checking your computer with the help of a reliable antivirus or antimalware tool (one such tool that we recommend can be found in the removal guide below). If you do indeed detect a Trojan or are still worried that such a threat may be present in your computer even after you’ve scanned it, be sure to complete the removal guide for EVILNUM we’ve prepared for you.
Since Trojans mostly spread via different forms of disguise, it is essential that you never download anything offered to you on suspicious sites, spam emails, or questionable online ads. Only download content that you are sure you can trust and only do it from reliable download sources in order to stay safe.
Remove EVILNUM Malware
Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker – you might want to see if you’re not infected with it as well.