This page aims to help you remove the Exploit Swf Meadgive Virus. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
Trojan horse viruses are among the nastiest malware types out there. They’re also easily the most notorious type of malicious programs and with good reason, too. Did you know that Trojans are responsible for over 70% of all malware attacks ever recorded? Well, you certainly do now. And we will explain to you exactly why that is in the below article on the example of one of the latest Trojan horse variants called Exploit Swf Meadgive Virus. If you have landed on this page due to an infection with this exact virus, please keep reading, because the below details will be of especial interest to you. Furthermore, we can also help you combat the virus with the help of the removal guide that’s attached here. In it you will find a set of removal instructions that will help you effectively locate and delete the malicious program in question. But don’t skip to that before reading what we have to say about Trojans and Exploit Swf Meadgive Virus in particular.
What Trojans are and what Exploit Swf Meadgive Virus may be after
One of the reasons why Trojans are so dangerously popular is because of the wide range of different malicious tasks they are capable of performing. That’s also the reason why we can’t exactly tell you what it is Exploit Swf Meadgive Virus may be after on your particular system. We can, however, give you a good idea of the kind of things it could do, which is all the more reason for you to want to get rid of it as soon as possible.
- Theft. Trojans can often infiltrate your PC to steal valuable information from it. If your computer is connected to a professional network, then perhaps these can be professional secrets. If it’s your personal computer, though, it may be after your personal details with the intent of hijacking your identity. Alternatively, they can be after your financial details with the aim of draining your bank accounts or making illegal transfers.
- Another common purpose for Trojans like Exploit Swf Meadgive Virus is destruction of information. This can be achieved by deleting separate files on your computer or network, or by formatting your disks and drives and completely wiping them clean of everything.
- Resource exploitation. The silent assassin may have invaded your machine with the intent of using its resources and you may not have a single clue about it. Your computer could be engaged in botnets and used to distribute malware of spam. Another possibility involves getting your PC to mine bitcoins or other cryptocurrencies and sending them off to the hackers in charge of the virus.
- Distribution of other malware. Trojans can be used as the middle men between you and other vicious pieces of harmful software. For example, ransomware viruses are often distributed with the help of Trojans and this is so commonplace today that it shouldn’t at all be taken lightly.
- Possibly the most disturbing quality of any Trojan, possibly Exploit Swf Meadgive Virus, too, is the fact that it can be used to remotely watch you, listen in to your conversations and monitor your online and offline activity. There are different means, by which this can be achieved, such as hacking into your webcam or mic. In addition, the Trojan can apply something called keystroke logging and gain access to everything you type using your keyboard.
How to prevent Trojan attacks?
The best way to fend off any malware variant, including viruses like Exploit Swf Meadgive Virus, is by knowing its most common sources and learning to avoid them. Trojans are incredibly numerous and can be lurking literally anywhere on the web, but we can outline the most likely ways of getting infected. Such are of course the good old spam emails. Everyone knows about them, everyone thinks to know better than to interact with suspicious messages, yet people still keep on getting infected. Learn to look out for telltale signs of a malicious email that it trying to get you to follow a link or open an attachment – it’s a trap! Other popular means of distribution include malvertisements. The fake ads can be placed on any website, so watch out. Clicking on one can land you the infection, so just try to steer clear of any and all online ads. And last but not least, mind your download sources, as well as the websites you visit. Avoid shady and illegal online locations, because those are very likely to contain malware.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||There are basically no symptoms that would give away the presence of a Trojan.|
|Distribution Method||Mainly with the help ofvarious social engineering tactics, such as spam emails, notifications, fake update requests, malvertisements, etc.|
Remove Exploit Swf Meadgive Virus
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
To remove parasite on your own, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. If you were to do this, you need to be extremely careful, because you may damage your system.
If you want to avoid the risk, we recommend downloading SpyHunter - a professional malware removal tool - to see whether it will find malicious programs on your PC.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide didn’t help you, download the anti-virus program we recommended or ask us in the comments for guidance!