This page aims to help you remove Fareit Malware. These Fareit Malware removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
You have found the right page if you are looking for a solution on how to remove Fareit from your computer. This is a nasty threat, originating from the Trojan horse family and in the guide below we will show you how to deal with it and effectively clean your system. We need to warn you, though, that this Trojan virus is really harmful and tricky, so it is best if you first familiarize yourself with its specifics and typical behavioral traits, before you proceed to the removal guide. Below we have listed its most common malicious activities, as well as a few good tips that may help you keep such nasty threats away from your system in the future.
Trojan horse infections are indeed fearful and here is why:
Trojan horses are responsible for the largest share of malware infections in the world and their fearful reputation is really justified. Threats like Fareit are some of the most harmful viruses and their destructive abilities literally have no limits. The criminal hackers, who develop such pieces of software, use them for various purposes, but what really makes these threats so nasty is their tricky way of distribution and their almost undetected camouflaging abilities. Similar to the story of the Trojan horse in Greek mythology, the criminals use some seemingly harmless types of online content where they hide their malicious code. The most common ones are:
- Spam emails and attachments – A favorite method to spread malware, especially when it is masked as an email from a friend with a funny image or link, or a letter from some fake institution, asking you to click on a webpage or download an attached notification.
- Notifications and updates – criminals may use some fake ones to make you click on the harmful note and get you infected with a threat like Fareit. They may look just like the ones generated by your system, but be cautious if they pop up now and then, because they may redirect you to an insecure web location. Scan your system for updates instead, and download them only from the official website.
- Fake online pop-ups and ads – Sometimes, the Trojan may resemble an ad, an offer, a discount button, or a banner and the moment you get tricked and click on it, you may get redirected to an infected webpage that spreads the malware. Be cautious when you come across such content and avoid clicking on it if possible.
- Pirate content, Torrents, download platforms and shareware – It is not excluded that you may come across Fareit if you happen to download and install software from insecure web locations or non-trusted sites. These are just another possible way for the Trojan to camouflage itself and silently infect you.
Unfortunately, it is really tough to detect when and exactly how you have been infected, because there are hardly any symptoms that may reveal the contamination. Once inside your system, the Trojan may silently hide deep in your computer and perform its malicious deeds undetected. If you are seeing some strange activity happening on your screen, sudden crashes, slow performance or unusual mouse activity over the screen – these may all be signs that a Trojan like Fareit is operating on your PC. In this case, a good and regularly updated antivirus may help you detect the threat. However, to remove it from your system completely you may need a guide like the one below.
What possible issues can Fareit cause to the infected computer?
A threat like Fareit can be exploited by hackers in various ways and they get more creative with their malicious deeds each passing day. One is sure – no good will come to your machine if you keep such malware there. Here are just some of the possible issues that the Trojan can cause to your PC:
- Infect you with Ransomware – A computer compromised by a Trojan horse is an open gate for viruses like the recently popular Ransomware. This is a new form of online robbery, where the hackers lock your data and blackmail you to pay ransom if you want to get it back. The Trojan effectively transmits this nasty threat and offers coverage for the Ransomware to sneak inside the system undetected and encrypt its files.
- Corrupt your system and your files – Not only Ransomware can cause massive data loss – a Trojan like Fareit can be used by the hackers to corrupt all the files on your system or even delete them all. Even your system could be destroyed to the point that no recovery is possible.
- Spy on you and collect your data – with the help of the Trojan, the hackers may gain unauthorized access to your device and this way steal sensitive information from you. They may monitor your online and offline activity, collect your passwords and accounts details, and even spy on you through your webcam.
Freaky, isn’t it? That’s why, if you have detected Fareit on your computer, you should immediately remove it before it does any more damage. To do that, just follow the instructions below to successfully detect and eliminate the threat.
Fareit Malware Removal
Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker – you might want to see if you’re not infected with it as well.