This page aims to help you remove Feed Sonic Search. These Feed Sonic Search removal instructions work for Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari, as well as every version of Windows.
Feed Sonic Search is the type of application you do not want on your computer, but since you are here you’ve probably discovered that for yourself already. What we are dealing with is actually an browser hijacker type of threat. It exist to spam Ads on your screen and make money out of it. Unfortunately it is very aggravating to put up with and the Ads often lead to various malicious websites. We recommend that you uninstall Feed Sonic Search as soon as possible to minimize the risks.
Core functionality of Feed Sonic Search
browser hijacker applications in general are not considered very dangerous – at least not directly. Feed Sonic Search boasts some useful functions, but if you try to explore them you’ll soon discover that it is just a ruse. The main goal of this thing is to spam Ads in Chrome, Firefox or IE. Its owner is usually linked as an affiliate and will get money every time an Ad is clicked on and a purchase of some good occurs. The Ads come in a variety of shapes and types – usually as pop-ups and banners, but they can also be added as toolbars on your browser or embedded into the code of pages that open without your permission. Feed Sonic Search may also try turn some works into Ad-linked keywords – they will turn into hyperlinks and link to the Ad if clicked on.
In any case it is a bad idea to interact with these Ads in any way. browser hijacker is notorious for its inclusion of low-quality goods that employ scam tactics in order to sell better. Reputable software is rarely advertised through such channels – anything you try to download and install on your machine is most probably be useless bloatware or more browser hijacker.
There is an especially nasty practice to create fake problem messages in order to make you believe your PC is suffering from some kind of problem. Old, but perfectly harmless registry entries are often blamed for a multitude of unrelated problems. Even though a software may claim to be free usually only the scan functionality is available – you’ll be asked to purchase it in order to fix those “problems”. What’s worse – if these bloatware programs are allowed to mess with your PC they can do some real harm.
So yeah, keep out of the Ads.
Why was your PC targeted?
In reality browser hijacker programs rarely target specific computers – they are released en masse via various infected executable files and software bundles. You have obtained one of these – through one way or another – and installed it on your computer without realizing it would also install Feed Sonic Search. We’ll try to give you some tips on how to avoid such incidents in the future.
- When you are installing programs don’t select the Default option – some installers contain extra software that will also be installed on your PC if you select default. This practice is what we refer to as software bundles. A much better alternative is to use the Advanced option – at worst you’ll only need a couple of clicks to get the same result as with default, but in the meantime you can see the list of programs that are to be installed and you can remove any unwanted extras from that list. Do it. Useful software is very rarely obtained in such a way – you are much more likely to get something in the lines of Feed Sonic Search.
- Try to never download software from unsafe locations. Software and random storage sites see no supervision or anti-virus control and the installers for different files are often loaded with nasty presents like this browser hijacker.
- Keep an ant-virus or anti-malware program present on your PC and scan all incoming files at all times. Sometimes people may send you infected files without themselves realizing they are infected
|Name||Feed Sonic Search|
|Detection Tool|| |
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Feed Sonic Search Removal
You are dealing with a malware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to clean up and reset your browser to its original settings without the malware returning.
You can find the removal guide here.
For mobile devices refer to these guides instead: Android, iPhone