One of the most widely spread and feared type of malware that you can encounter is the Trojan Horse. Those malicious programs are a favorite tool of the majority of hackers and cyber criminals, regardless of their end-goal. The main reason for that is the infamous versatility of this kind of software viruses. Trojans can be used for an incredibly wide variety of illegal and malicious tasks and in the following article we will cover some of their most common uses.
Fileless Malware is a new program of the Trojan-based type, which is likely even more advanced and improved in comparison to its predecessors. That is why we believe that our readers need to be well informed about what Fileless and other Trojans are capable of, how they get inside one’s computer and what are the best methods to prevent them from invading your system.
Also, down below the main part of the article, every one of you who has already had their machine attacked by this noxious software can find a detailed instruction manual that will guide you through the different steps of how you can potentially find and remove the nasty program from your machine. However, bear in mind that it is advisable you read the following paragraphs first, and then go for the guide instead of rushing straight for it without reading the rest of the information that we have to offer you. After all, being well-informed is the key to successfully and effectively dealing with any sort of malicious or unwanted software.
What are the dangers of a Trojan Horse?
As mentioned above, there is a myriad of potential harms or unwanted tasks that a typical Trojan Horse can execute once inside your machine. The bottom line is that if a Trojan attack is successful, the hacker could gain unlimited access to everything on your computer. Here are some of the most frequent uses of malware such as Fileless that you can expect.
- Spying – Those infamous PC viruses are very often used as espionage tools. A hacker could employ a variety of methods to spy on their victim, some of which are keystroke logging, monitoring what is happening on your screen or even using your own webcam to directly see into your room. It should be obvious how much potential harm all of this could bring. Through keystroke logging and screen monitoring, the criminal can gain valuable information about your online accounts and even gain access to them and there is no need to even mention how disturbing and problematic it would be if someone could spy on you via your web camera.
- Data and money theft – As we said, a Trojan Horse can grant full access to all your data. This could allow the cyber-criminal to obtain valuable information that you might have stored on your hard drive or even your cloud account. Besides, via the keystroke logging method, the hacker could enter your bank accounts and extract all money without you even realizing it until it’s too late. Blackmailing if you have sensitive data on your machine is also an option that should not be underestimated. Know that hackers will seek every possible exploit to gain the upper hand and get what they want from you.
- Mining and botnet – Another possibility is that the criminal would attempt to use the resources of your computer for personal gain. Some Trojans can turn your PC into a mining bot that would use all available system resources in order to generate bitcoins that get sent directly to the hacker who’s using the virus. Another possibility is that your machine gets turned into a spam-bot, which would force it to send out spam messages and links without you being able to stop it.
- Backdoor – In addition to all we already mentioned, malware programs such as Fileless might serve as a backdoor into your system for other malicious software such as the malicious Ransomware. This devious method for other malware to get inside your machine is extremely problematic because there is almost no way for you to spot and identify the threat until the damage has already been done.
The importance of staying safe
There are a lot of other possible harmful effects that a Trojan Horse could have on your system and virtual security. Therefore, staying safe and protected is extremely important. In addition to all the potential problems that Fileless can cause, it is also really difficult to detect the malware, since Trojans hardly even display any symptoms. Sometimes there might be spam and/or malicious-looking ads in your browser or a general PC slow-down, but if the hacker wants the virus to remain under your radar, it would be very difficult for you to do anything about it.
Protecting your system
Here are a couple of useful tips that might help you protect your online privacy and virtual security from any future malware attacks. It is surely much better to avoid getting infected by a malicious Trojan than having to find a way to remove it afterwards.
- Install a reliable antivirus program. Since Trojan Horse viruses are one of the major problems that users can be faced with while surfing the net, security software companies are doing their best to keep their products up-to-date with the latest versions of Trojan Horse malware that are created.
- Do not go to or download content from any shady-looking, illegal or obscure websites. Sticking to trusted and reputable sites is the best thing you can do in order to keep your system safe and clean of any potentially harmful software.
- Avoid opening any suspicious hyperlinks or e-mails even if they have been sent by someone you know. After all, you never know if their computer has not been turned into a spambot by some nasty virus.
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
How to Remove Fileless Malware
Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker – you might want to see if you’re not infected with it as well.