This page aims to help you remove Hacktool Win32 Autokms. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
If your computer has been hit by the malicious Trojan Horse virus known as Hacktool Win32 Autokms, then swift action needs to be taken in order to remove the malware piece before it has caused too much harm. In the following paragraphs, you will be able to learn some important information about this virus so that you have a good idea about what you might be currently dealing with. Additionally, once you’ve finished reading the article, you will have the opportunity to make use of our free removal guide for Hacktool Win32 Autokms. If your machine has indeed been attacked by the insidious piece of malware, it is strongly advisable that you complete all the steps from the guide manual in order to eliminate the threat as soon as possible.
What are Trojan Horses and what can they do?
Everybody has heard about the infamous Trojan Horse malware type and about how harmful and damaging those viruses could be. There are a number of reasons for the extreme danger that comes from Trojans. For example, they are notoriously difficult to detect and oftentimes users do not realize that their machine has been infected whatsoever. Another thing that those nasty programs are famous for is their extreme versatility. As long as the virus file is ran on the PC with Administrator privileges, it would basically grant the hacker that’s using it unlimited access to all of the computer’s resources. Because of this, Trojans can be used for all sorts of illegal activity and in this paragraph, we will briefly cover the most common uses of such a virus.
- One thing that many Trojans seem to do is wreak havoc within the PC’s system. The amount of the inflicted damage might vary from occasional errors and PC slow-down to Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) crashes from which the PC might sometimes be unable to recover at all.
- Another thing that many malicious programs like Hacktool Win32 Autokms might be able to do is spy on their victims employing a number of different espionage and stalking methods. The virus might allow the hacker to see what the victim types on their keyboard or to keep tabs on what’s going on on the screen of the computer. Additionally, if there’s a webcam, the Trojan might take control over it and use it to look directly at the user.
- Some Trojans can also be used to infect computers with another extremely vicious virus type, namely, the so-called Ransomware. This kind of malware is able to lock the user’s important data by encrypting it and later demanding a ransom for the key that can remove the encryption and Trojans are oftentimes used as a backdoor for Ransomware.
- It is also possible that Hacktool Win32 Autokms takes control over your PC’s functions and forces the machine to execute all sorts of shady and possibly illegal tasks. For instance, your computer might be made part of a botnet and might start sending out malicious spam e-mails or the virus could also use the PC for bitcoin mining where the bitcoins get sent directly to the cyber-criminal.
Issues with Trojan Horse detection
At the start of this article we mentioned that oftentimes users remain totally unaware of the fact that their computer has actually been infiltrated by a Trojan. This only comes to show just how sneaky and stealthy viruses like Hacktool Win32 Autokms could be. In many instances, there are no infection symptoms whatsoever which is why it is crucial that you have a reliable antivirus program on your machine. Certain potential red flags that can give away a Trojan are BSOD crashes, frequent system errors, slow-down and other forms of unusual PC behavior. However, remember that those are very situational and such symptoms might be coming from another problem that isn’t related to a virus infection whatsoever.
How Trojans make it inside users’ computers
There are many ways one can land a malicious virus infection, especially if they aren’t cautious with what they do when they are using the Internet. Being considerate and thoughtful with regards to your online activities is key to keeping your computer and files safe from any potential malware attacks. Some of the main risk factors that one needs to take into consideration are the various forms of online malvertising, the different types of spam messages and junkmail and also the many websites out there that aren’t reliable and could also be potentially illegal. If you manage to stay away from those, the chances of getting your PC attacked by Hacktool Win32 Autokms would be significantly diminished. As we already mentioned, having a high-quality security tool installed in your system is a must so do not forget about that. Also, make sure to always install the latest updates to your operating system in order to stay as safe as possible.
|Name||Hacktool Win32 Autokms|
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||System errors, Blue Screen crashes, increased use of RAM and processor time.|
|Distribution Method||Anything from shady junkmail and spam social network messages to malicious and misleading ads and online offers.|
|Detection Tool||We generally recommend SpyHunter or a similar anti-malware program that is updated daily.|
Remove Hacktool Win32 Autokms
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyHunter.
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyHunter.>> Click to Download Spyhunter. If you don't want this software, continue with the guide below.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide didn’t help you, download the anti-virus program we recommended or ask us in the comments for guidance!