Arcade Twist Ads Overview
- This application is categorized as PUP (something close to a virus) due to its tendency to basically soil your PC with ads. Removing it is of utmost importance if you want to preserve your computer in top condition.
- PUP means “Potentially Unwanted Program” – meaning security experts are not exactly in consensus of its nature. Although Arcade Twist Ads is definitely harmful, it is nonetheless legitimate, developed by ArcadeYum LLC, the same people who created Arcade Giant – another PUP. This signifies they are especially untrustworthy as their aggressive advertising is extremely disconcerting.
- We verified the validity of the advertisements – they are real, although far from impartial (there are other websites with such offers). There is also no way to verify the condition of the items that are sold, so even if you feel drawn to the discounts, you may want to play it safe, rather than bold.
- Arcade Twist Ads is commonly believed to be responsible for system slowdowns, browser crashing and major bugs.
|Symptoms||Unwanted Ads appearing when a page is loaded, random toolbars and search engines getting installed on your PC,|
|Distribution Method||Software bundles and online Ads.|
Below this section I will list several other things that users should take note of if they want to avoid PUPs and adware in the future, but if you’re not very inclined to reading, the overview above should cover the essentials.
How Arcade Twist Ads Entered My Computer
There are three overall paths any virus may take. These are:
- Spam email and their attachments.
- Corrupted links/websites/advertisements, especially on live streamers.
- Free software that comes bundled with Arcade Twist Ads.
Of the three the last one is the only that needs any elaboration. Whenever you download some free tool, optimization utility or a toolbar from websites such as Cnet or InstallREX (but not limited to the mentioned – it can be any website) there is a significant chance the setup will also contain a Arcade Twist Ads. If you are not paying attention it may be installed simultaneously with the other one. However, here’s the catch – it has to ask you at some point. So one of the steps has to include a checkbox or a dropdown menu that you need to consciously click Next on. Most users do not pay attention; if you do, then you can uncheck it and there’s nothing the virus creators can do.
There is a second way to identify Arcade Twist Ads or similar programs before the setup. Check out (fast) the EULA of whatever program you are installing. If there is a mention of them not being held responsible for third party advertising, then you probably have and adware lurking about.
How to Remove Arcade Twist Ads
Readers are interested in:
(Works for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1)
You have now opened the Control Panel.
Find the virus (Express Find Ads) and its buddies, you have reason to believe another malware has infiltrated you. But open your eyes – malware sometimes choose different names to hide in plain sighto Highlight anything you find, then Uninstall.
Arcade Twist Ads has infected ALL of the browsers you use. So you need to apply these steps separately for each one you have installed.
For Internet Explorer Users:
Open IE, then click —–> Manage Add-ons.
Locate Arcade Twist Ads in the new window. Also, search for others of its kind. Disable them.
Check you Home Page, if it was changed, click —–> Internet Options>edit the URL box, type your original one, then click Apply.
For Mozilla Firefox Users:
Open Firefox, click on (top right) ——-> Add-ons.
Hit Extensions next.
The virus should be somewhere around here – Remove it.
For Google Chrome Users:
Start Chrome, click —–>More Tools —–> Extensions.
When you’ve reached Extensions, find Arcade Twist Ads ——-> select .
Now click again, and proceed to Settings —> Search (the fourth tab), select Manage Search Engines. In there, delete everything but the search engine you use.
For Safari Users:
Open Safari, and click Safari —–>Preferences —–> Extensions
Find Arcade Twist Ads then Uninstall.
STEP 3 (Optional)
This step to remove the virus is completely optional. You need to do this only in the case when the steps up until now were not enough to make your troubles go away. If they WERE enough:
You are now clear of the virus. Please consider following us on our channels on Google+, Twitter and Facebook. It will be immensely appreciated, because it will help us grow and in turn – that way we will help more people.
You may also want to check out Step 4 – we’ve prepared a short guide for optimizing PCs after a malware has been removed
If you were not successful, then continue reading.
STEP 4 (Optional)
If you’ve reached this step, then well done for removing Arcade Twist Ads. We’ve prepared a short and sweet optimization guide, specifically designed for users who just removed a virus. It is completely free, you do not need to download anything, and it’s not very time consuming. If you are interested you can check it out here.