This page aims to help you remove Initial Page 123 Virus. These Initial Page 123 Virus removal instructions work for Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Windows.
One of the most annoying and irritating types of programs that you can encounter are the so called Browser Hijackers and today we will introduce you to one particular piece of software that falls under this category. The program we are referring to is known as Initial Page 123 Virus and here you can learn what it actually does, why it is considered unwanted and how you can remove it from your PC and ensure that it does not come back in the future. Browser Hijackers are programs that normally latch onto the user’s browser and try to take control over certain aspects of it. It doesn’t matter what your browser program is – it could be Chrome, Firefox, IE or any other one, the Hijacker would still be able to invade it and mess with it. The most common complaints from this type of software is that it changes the browser’s homepage, replaces its previous search engine and/or ads a new toolbar without the user’s agreement. Additionally, it is also possible that applications like Initial Page 123 Virus could also cause unwanted page redirects to random sites that the user does not want to visit. Furthermore, sometimes the sites you get sent to could turn out to be potentially hazardous, which is yet another solid reason why programs of this category are normally seen as unwanted.
The purpose of a Hijacker
Usually, users that willingly install Browser Hijacker on their PC’s do it thinking that the program is actually going to help them in some way. After all, many applications the likes of Initial Page 123 Virus are actually advertised as helpful and useful software tools that can make one’s browsing experience safer or more pleasant or improve the overall performance of the PC. Some Hijacker developers even claim that their products will resolve system errors and maybe provide protection against viruses. Of course, at this point no one actually sees the program as a Browser Hijacker and it is not until the software gets installed and it starts messing with the browser and Internet settings that the user realizes that things did not go as expected.
The truth about most Browser Hijackers is that they are created as tools for online marketing that employ a number of aggressive advertising methods in order to benefit their developers. While some programs of this type might actually have some form of useful function that the regular customer can benefit from, the majority of Hijackers are simply there to generate profit for the people who created them.
It is not uncommon for people to refer to Browser Hijackers as malware and it is not difficult to understand why. After all, these are programs that do something unwanted on the computer without the permission of the user. However, this does not mean that Initial Page 123 Virus is some kind of harmful and malicious PC virus, similar to a Trojan horse or Ransomware. That being said, there are quite a few security risks that can be caused by a program such as the one we are currently talking about. For example, the many changes to your internet/browser settings introduced by the Hijacker can lead to your computer becoming exposed and vulnerable to hacker attacks, which is obviously something that you wouldn’t want. Additionally, as we already mentioned earlier, the page redirects that are caused by the Hijacker might sometimes land you on websites that could be illegal and hazardous. On top of all that, software like Initial Page 123 Virus could also displays misleading and deceitful banners and online notifications in your browser that you should not interact with or else, you might still get redirected to some obscure and shady web address. All in all, if you want to keep your machine protected from any nasty computer viruses such as Trojans, Spyware, Ransomware, etc. you should probably remove the unpleasant Hijacker.
The best way to avoid the potential issues that a Hijacker might cause is to simply keep such programs away from your PC system. To do that, you must remember to employ the following safety tips and rules that we are about to present you with.
- Obviously, being careful online is key to keeping your computer safe. Do not visit any websites that you think might represent a potential security risk and do not download stuff from sources that have no been verified as reliable and trustworthy.
- Next, there’s the importance of being vigilant and thoughtful when checking your e-mail inbox. A lot of times, Browser Hijackers would get distributed in the form of file-attachments or hyperlinks added to spam e-mails. Therefore, you must learn to discern such shady messages in order to avoid interacting with their contents.
- Anti-malware programs can greatly help you in the fight against potentially unwanted programs like Initial Page 123 Virus. If you don’t have such a tool on your PC, consider getting one in order to enhance the security levels of your system.
- Finally, make sure that you never rush through the setup menu of software that you want to install on your PC. Before clicking on the Install button, you should have made sure that there aren’t any other applications bundled with the main program that could potentially be unwanted. If you think that anything added to the program you want to install might be a Hijacker or some other form of undesirable software, be sure to leave it out of the installation so that it does not get on your PC after the process is over.
|Name||Initial Page 123|
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Initial Page 123 Virus Removal
You are dealing with a malware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to clean up and reset your browser to its original settings without the malware returning. You can find the removal guide here.