This page aims to help you remove Launchpage.org “Virus”. These Launchpage.org “Virus” removal instructions work for Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Windows.
One of the most common types of PC issues that many users are complaining from is when a program of the Browser Hijacker type gets installed onto the PC. Applications of this type are known to get inside the user’s browser whether that would be Chrome, IE or Firefox and add to it a new (and unwanted) search engine, homepage or toolbar. Additionally, a lot of Hijackers tend to cause sudden redirects to other sites that might sometimes have a shady reputation and sketchy contents. Recently, a new program that displays a hijacker-like behavior has been released and a lot of users have reported it for being intrusive and obstructive. This new program is called Launchpage.org “Virus” and today we will be focusing on what it can do once it gets onto your PC, how you can avoid it and also how you can uninstall and remove Launchpage.org “Virus” if you have already landed it.
A dangerous virus or a mere inconvenience?
The question whether Browser Hijacker programs are PC viruses is up for debate. However, there are undoubtedly some substantial differences between actual harmful forms of malware such as Trojans and Ransomware and programs the likes of Launchpage.org “Virus”.
- The first major difference between the two types of software is the way they are used and the purpose they are given. Most Browser Hijackers are nothing but internet marketing tools. Everything they do is with the sole purpose of gaining money for their creators via online advertising. The issue with that is the advertising methods used by most Hijackers are way too aggressive and invasive, which makes the program itself quite undesirable. However, as far as the security of your PC and personal data is concerned, usually there will be no harm done to them. Obviously, the same cannot be said about Trojan Horses, Ransomware or any other form of actual computer viruses.
- Secondly, it is important to note that quite a big number of Hijacker programs are actually legal and legally distributed. Yes, the legal ones are still unwanted and annoying, but this is still another major difference between Browser Hijackers and other more dangerous forms of malware that are always illegal and also employed for illegal purposes.
- Thirdly, we must mention that unlike real and harmful types of viruses, programs such as Launchpage.org “Virus” are always trying to be as visible and as noticeable as possible. (this is in fact their main purpose). This is important because unlike them, the viruses we already mentioned are all about remaining hidden and unnoticed with little to no symptoms. If you are able to easily spot the unwanted program, because it blatantly enforces itself upon your browser, then you are probably not dealing with some overly malicious software.
There are still some potential problems…
Now, that we have made it clear that Launchpage.org “Virus” is not some dangerous Trojan, we must still give you a general idea of what it can possibly do if it lands on your machine. Apart from being able to implement unwanted modifications to your browser, there are several other potential negative effects that a typical Hijacker could have on your machine and here we will go over them.
- To add to the various browser changes, some Hijackers would also fill the your Chrome, Firefox or IE with various annoying and highly obstructive ads, pop-ups, banners and box messages. If you re not careful and you accidentally click on any of those, there’s some chance that you might get redirected to some shady and suspicious website.
- In order to increase the number of users that click on its ads, Launchpage.org “Virus” might try to scan the user’s browser and look through its recent history so as to determine the personal preferences of the individual and later utilize this information by employing it within the ads.
- On top of everything so far, a lot of Hijackers might cause significant RAM and CPU spikes, which can lead to a PC slowdown and system instability.
In order to remove Launchpage.org “Virus” all you have to do is follow the steps in our removal guide below the current article. However, you must first learn how to avoid installing any more unwanted Hijackers by reading the following list of tips.
- Whenever you open your browser and start surfing the internet, take into consideration that Hijackers are commonly distributed via shady and unreliable sites. Keep away from those and your machine will be much safer.
- Another very commonly used approach for spreading unwanted software is spam and junk mail. Always try to determine whether a newly received online message is spam and if you think it might be, do not open it and directly delete it.
- If your browser/s has/have an automatic download function, make sure it is disabled or else a Hijacker file might get downloaded on your PC and you won’t even know about it.
- Before installing a new program, take a few moments to check for file bundles within the installer. See if there are any added applications by checking the different options of the setup wizard and if there are indeed some bundled programs, look them up. Should any of them seem to be potentially unwanted, uncheck it in the setup wizard before you install the main piece of software.
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Launchpage.org “Virus” Removal
Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker – you might want to see if you’re not infected with it as well.