This page aims to help you remove Search Query Router “Virus”. These Search Query Router “Virus” removal instructions work for Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Windows. [banner_guide]
The following article has been assembled with the sole intention of helping all the users who have encountered Search Query Router – a version of a browser hijacker. Probably, as a victim of this usually non-hazardous program, you know that it may cause some seriously irritating modifications to all of your browsers. Your Firefox, Explorer and Chrome browsing apps are likely to experience changes to their default search engines and homepages; redirecting processes and some intense production of pop-up ads. However, we are going to share all the details, concerning this kind of software generally, as well as this program – Search Query Router, particularly, below so that you will know how to deal with it in a safe and effective way.
Since we have already briefly explained what you may expect from such a program above, we are now going to add some more characteristic browser hijacker features. For example, many if not all browser hijackers can be programmed to get access to your browser history records. They do that with a strictly advertising purpose; in this way they may be able to distribute only those pop-ups and banners that you will be willing to click on. Also, the possible generation of ads they may provoke could result in a slowdown of your computer, due to the intensive consumption of RAM and CPU. Such an effect happens rarely, though, because it depends on the resources of your particular PC.
Is Search Query Router a legitimate program? Isn’t it a virus?
It is maybe a little surprising, but browser hijackers are generally legal programs. In fact, they are just simple marketing tools, created because of the need to advertise services and products online. Everything they may do, they in fact do with solely promoting purposes. Indeed, we can conclude that there is nothing malicious about Search Query Router because of the great differences between browser hijackers and normal viruses such as Trojans and Ransomware. The main aspects of the typical behavior that differentiate a browser hijacker from Ransomware, for instance, are the following:
- As you will see below, hijackers never invade a machine on their own. Normally, you are the one who has to authorize the installation of such software, no matter whether you do it willingly or unknowingly.
- On the contrary, the viruses based on Ransomware are perfectly capable of self-installing on your PC, even without your uninformed permission.
- What’s more, Ransomware DOES access your entire system, not only the browsers as hijackers do, and could damage a lot of its components.
How your PC may end up catching Search Query Router
While there could be many various sources such as torrents, websites and shareware, there is still one very common source, which could be blamed for the biggest number of infections. This is the process called bundling. Via this process many apps, games, programs like Adware and browser hijackers are mixed, and bundles are created. Usually, these bundles are free and everyone can download them from the web. However, it is not about downloading such a hijacker-containing mixture, it is all about the way you incorporate it into your system.
How to install a bundle in order to avoid being infected by a hijacker
Make sure that you select the right installation feature once you have downloaded and opened the desired bundle. As soon as you see the installation wizard, choose the following features:
- Either the Advanced one, or the Customized one, which will give you the opportunity to be in control of the entire installation process. In this way you will be able to choose which programs and program features you really need on your computer.
Also, ensure that you make every possible effort to avoid the following features:
- All the ones marked as Quick, Easy, Automatic or Default. They will not let you control the installation process and you will be very likely to end up annoyed by a hijacker.
How to get rid of Search Query Router
There might be many possibilities; however, we recommend that you choose our Removal Guide below. Via following the instructions there, you will safely and successfully remove this irritating piece of software. When it comes to prevention, installing your software in the proper way, explained above, and simply staying away from the potential sources will help you avoid such disturbing programs.
|Name||Search Query Router|
|Detection Tool|| |
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Search Query Router Removal
You are dealing with a malware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to clean up and reset your browser to its original settings without the malware returning.
You can find the removal guide here.
For mobile devices refer to these guides instead: Android, iPhone