This page aims to help you remove the HxTsr.exe windows 10 virus from your PC. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
If you are wondering, which is the most subtle, yet extremely hazardous cyber infection you may ever catch, the answer is – one caused by a Trojan horse virus. In the text below we will discuss the characteristic features of the contamination caused by a certain Trojan version – HxTsr.exe . Just proceed with the paragraphs below and you will be informed about all the aspects of this dangerous threat.
What is HxTsr.exe ?
While you were looking for some processes in your Task Manager, you might have stumbled upon HxTsr.exe. This is actually a Microsoft Office 2016 process related to Outlook Communications. The right location path of the file is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\windows.communicationapps(…)\HxTsr.exe, but If you find this process somewhere else in your OS, then this might be a Trojan horse you are dealing with. Even if the location is correct, this may still be an infections, as there are various known vulnerabilities connected to Microsoft Outlook.
Trojans nowadays – as dangerous as their prototype used during the Trojan War
This group of malware consists of various viruses. Their number is constantly rising at the present moment. These malicious programs could have a variety of diverse purposes (the most usual of which we have listed below), as well as plenty of potential sources (also thoroughly discussed in the next paragraphs). What makes them a family is the distinctive way of functioning typical for all Trojans. First of all, you may never notice, at which point in time you have gotten infected with such a threat. Then, you can never know for sure what the real intentions of such a virus are. The contamination itself is not visible at all in the general case. You only find out about that after HxTsr.exe (or any other Trojan virus) has successfully completed its mission. Just like the way the Greeks won the Trojan War – in a cunning, yet subtle way.
Potential places where HxTsr.exe might be lurking
When it comes to potential hiding places, such viruses are very well-spread. Nothing on the Internet could really be considered safe anymore. Such malicious software could find a way to infect anything – from an image to a torrent; from a pop-up ad to an email. Make sure you stay away from all kinds of freely distributed software, because such shareware bundles are also a common source for these infections. The consequences for you that come as results of a contamination with HxTsr.exe can be really horrible. Trojans are normally able to multitask and the harm they may cause could be of various kinds. Below you will find the most common threats your system could be facing as a result of an HxTsr.exe -caused infection.
- System corruption or destruction. The prospect of having your computer crashed, your OS destroyed or your files corrupted sounds really nasty for sure. Nevertheless, this potential result of a malware contamination might be the lesser evil of all that are possible.
- Ransomware distribution. Trojans could be used for transporting other kinds of malware, as well. In general, they are used to act as a backdoor for versions of Ransomware. This possibility is awfully bothering, as these two viruses are hazardous enough by themselves and combined they could really give you no choice but to completely reinstall your OS. The ransom-requiring one is particularly terrifying, as it locks up your most commonly used data and then you have only a few opportunities to recover it.
- All kinds of theft. Such viruses might function as information-stealing tools, bank-account robbing instruments, social media account hacking means. The hackers behind the virus might be after your money, so that the virus will be programmed to get hold of all your online bank account credentials. They may as well be after your identity, so the target of the malware will be your social media accounts details. The system resources of your machine may also represent a target as the hackers may want to turn your PC into a bot and exploit it for their dishonest, often illegal, practices.
- Simply spying on you as an individual or as a professional. You may become a victim of espionage. Some cyber criminals are prone to committing physical crimes, as well – they might be using HxTsr.exe to watch you 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, which is extremely creepy. Also, some company secrets might be of interest to the hackers. In such a case your computer will be used as a tool for penetrating your professional network or any system on it.
These possibilities are truly horrible, however, bear in mind they are not the only ones. There could be tens of other reasons why your system has been infected with HxTsr.exe . This is why removing the Trojan as soon as possible is crucial to you and your machine. Fortunately, we have come up with a possible solution to your malware-caused issue. To safely and fully remove HxTsr.exe , follow the steps in the Guide below with great attention and caution.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||Usually the infection remains invisible until it has achieved its, often malicious, goal.|
|Distribution Method||Everything on the Internet – pop-up ads, update requests, torrents, spam letters, free software.|
|Detection Tool||We generally recommend SpyHunter or a similar anti-malware program that is updated daily.|
If you did not read the “What is HxTsr.exe?” near the top of this page, we will summarize it here. HxTsr.exe is a process that belongs to Microsot Outlook. If the process is not running out of its native C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\windows.communicationapps folder you are likely looking at a Trojan. Even if it is, Microsoft Outlook is well-known for being vulnerable to trojans. In both cases we highly advise you to complete this guide even if simply to be safe.
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC simultaneously. Go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which ones are a virus. Google them or ask us in the comments.
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyHunter.
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyHunter.>> Click to Download Spyhunter. If you don't want this software, continue with the guide below.
- This step is very important, because you can catch other threats (like Ransomware and Spyware) while looking for the Adware process.
Right click on each of the virus processes separately and select Open File Location. End the process after you open the folder, then delete the directories you were sent to.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If all the prior steps fail to help you or you have reason to believe your system is exposed to threats like Ransomware, we advise you to download a professional scanner and remover.
Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!