This page aims to help you remove the HxTsr.exe windows 10 virus from your PC. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
If you are wondering, which is the most subtle, yet extremely hazardous cyber infection you may ever catch, the answer is – one caused by a Trojan horse virus. In the text below we will discuss the characteristic features of the contamination caused by a certain Trojan version – HxTsr.exe . Just proceed with the paragraphs below and you will be informed about all the aspects of this dangerous threat.
What is HxTsr.exe ?
While you were looking for some processes in your Task Manager, you might have stumbled upon HxTsr.exe. This is actually a Microsoft Office 2016 process related to Outlook Communications. The right location path of the file is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\windows.communicationapps(…)\HxTsr.exe, but If you find this process somewhere else in your OS, then this might be a Trojan horse you are dealing with. Even if the location is correct, this may still be an infections, as there are various known vulnerabilities connected to Microsoft Outlook.
Trojans nowadays – as dangerous as their prototype used during the Trojan War
This group of malware consists of various viruses. Their number is constantly rising at the present moment. These malicious programs could have a variety of diverse purposes (the most usual of which we have listed below), as well as plenty of potential sources (also thoroughly discussed in the next paragraphs). What makes them a family is the distinctive way of functioning typical for all Trojans. First of all, you may never notice, at which point in time you have gotten infected with such a threat. Then, you can never know for sure what the real intentions of such a virus are. The contamination itself is not visible at all in the general case. You only find out about that after HxTsr.exe (or any other Trojan virus) has successfully completed its mission. Just like the way the Greeks won the Trojan War – in a cunning, yet subtle way.
Potential places where HxTsr.exe might be lurking
When it comes to potential hiding places, such viruses are very well-spread. Nothing on the Internet could really be considered safe anymore. Such malicious software could find a way to infect anything – from an image to a torrent; from a pop-up ad to an email. Make sure you stay away from all kinds of freely distributed software, because such shareware bundles are also a common source for these infections. The consequences for you that come as results of a contamination with HxTsr.exe can be really horrible. Trojans are normally able to multitask and the harm they may cause could be of various kinds. Below you will find the most common threats your system could be facing as a result of an HxTsr.exe -caused infection.
- System corruption or destruction. The prospect of having your computer crashed, your OS destroyed or your files corrupted sounds really nasty for sure. Nevertheless, this potential result of a malware contamination might be the lesser evil of all that are possible.
- Ransomware distribution. Trojans could be used for transporting other kinds of malware, as well. In general, they are used to act as a backdoor for versions of Ransomware. This possibility is awfully bothering, as these two viruses are hazardous enough by themselves and combined they could really give you no choice but to completely reinstall your OS. The ransom-requiring one is particularly terrifying, as it locks up your most commonly used data and then you have only a few opportunities to recover it.
- All kinds of theft. Such viruses might function as information-stealing tools, bank-account robbing instruments, social media account hacking means. The hackers behind the virus might be after your money, so that the virus will be programmed to get hold of all your online bank account credentials. They may as well be after your identity, so the target of the malware will be your social media accounts details. The system resources of your machine may also represent a target as the hackers may want to turn your PC into a bot and exploit it for their dishonest, often illegal, practices.
- Simply spying on you as an individual or as a professional. You may become a victim of espionage. Some cyber criminals are prone to committing physical crimes, as well – they might be using HxTsr.exe to watch you 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, which is extremely creepy. Also, some company secrets might be of interest to the hackers. In such a case your computer will be used as a tool for penetrating your professional network or any system on it.
These possibilities are truly horrible, however, bear in mind they are not the only ones. There could be tens of other reasons why your system has been infected with HxTsr.exe . This is why removing the Trojan as soon as possible is crucial to you and your machine. Fortunately, we have come up with a possible solution to your malware-caused issue. To safely and fully remove HxTsr.exe , follow the steps in the Guide below with great attention and caution.
You are dealing with a malware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to clean up and reset your browser to its original settings without the malware returning.