This page aims to help you remove the LuckyStarting Virus. Our removal instructions work for Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Windows.
Having your Firefox, IE, Edge or Chrome browser invaded by some shady program that causes frequent page redirects and changes the browser’s homepage and adds to it a new search engine/a new toolbar is not something uncommon. In fact, there are quite a few programs capable of doing this; so much so that there is a separate term used to refer to them. That term is Browser Hijacker and today, we will be talking about one such program in particular that is known by the name of LuckyStarting Virus. If you are a user that has had this piece of software installed onto their machine and you want to remove it so that it no longer messes with your browser and Internet settings, look no further. The final part of this article is a neat removal guide that will show you a number of methods that you can employ in order to not only uninstall the nagging Hijacker but also ensure that there’s nothing left from it on your PC. However, we strongly advise you to first read the article itself, since the information contained within it is important and can greatly help you in the future.
Are Hijackers like LuckyStarting Virus dangerous?
Think of Browser Hijackers as programs that are somewhere in between regular and helpful software and harmful malware viruses. Generally, typical Hijackers are legal programs. However, since they would more than likely try to implement undesirable changes to both your browser and the Internet settings of your PC, they are usually considered to be potentially unwanted. The purpose of those changes normally has something to do with online marketing. For example, the Hijacker might be used to promote a certain website, which is why it would change your browser’s homepage to the said website. This is basically the main reason why such programs are created in the first place – they are used as online advertising tools. However, due to the fact that most of them are rather intrusive and can have a number of negative effects on your system and online experience, most experts recommend that the Hijacker is removed as soon as possible. This is also our advice for you – even though LuckyStarting Virus might not be some noxious Ransomware or Spyware virus, you’d probably be better off without it.
As we mentioned in our previous paragraph, Browser Hijackers are, to say the least, unpleasant to have on your computer. However, their potential to annoy you is certainly not the only negative trait that they posses. As was stated above, there are a number of other issues that one might have with a program like LuckyStarting Virus and here are a few examples:
- Apart from making unwanted changes to the browser without the user’s permission, a lot of Hijackers are known to fill the browser with obstructive ads that are not only irritating but could also sometimes prove to be a security hazard. Clicking on such adverts generated by Browser Hijackers is highly inadvisable and should always be avoided.
- A very unpleasant trait of many programs the likes of LuckyStarting Virus is that they might try to collect personal information by scanning the browser history on the computer they are on. The collected information is usually employed for the purposes of the online marketing and the user from which it has been gained has absolutely no control over what happens with their personal data.
- Unauthorized changes to the computer’s Registry implemented by Browser Hijackers are also quite common. Most of the time the purpose of this is not malicious but even so, modifications to your PC’s Registry can potentially leave it open to more dangerous threats the likes of Ransomware, Trojan horses, Spyware, etc.
Keep the shady software away from your machine
Our goal in this last paragraph is to help you ensure the safety and security of your computer by preventing any unwanted programs from getting installed on it. There are several essential tips and rules that we want to put our emphasis on so make sure you remember them and make use of them from no on:
- The Internet is a great thing but if the user is not careful it could also be a dangerous place. Everyone should approach the World Wide Web with caution and responsibility. This means that the sites you visit should be ones that are trusted and the online services and download sources you use should be verified as safe and secure.
- In addition to our previous piece of advice, you must also be extremely attentive when opening new e-mails or when you receive any other form of online message that contains links and file attachments. Unless you are absolutely sure that the link/file attachment is safe, do not interact with it!
- Finally, be thoughtful and vigilant when installing new programs on your PC since LuckyStarting Virus might be bundled with them. Do not rush through the different setup stages within the installation menu or you might fail to notice that a certain piece of software has been added to the main program and if that piece of software is a Hijacker, it would get installed alongside the program that you actually want. Therefore, always check all options in the setup wizard and if there’s anything added that looks shady, uncheck it in order to prevent it from getting installed on your computer.
LuckyStarting Virus Removal
Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker – you might want to see if you’re not infected with it as well.