This article serves the needs of all the users who have been experiencing the irritation and potential damage a virus called Mobile.exe virus can cause. Mobile.exe virus is a program, identified as a Trojan horse virus.
More useful info about this sort of malware is included later in the article. What’s more, after the paragraphs below we have written the instructions you have to follow in order to successfully get rid of this malware. The software category of the Trojan horse viruses is a malware family known to comprise the biggest number of viruses. What gathers all of them in one and the same group is their ability to perform whatever they have been programmed to in a rather smooth and secretive way. Such viruses might stay hidden for months after they have infected your PC, simply waiting for the best moment to do whatever they have been set to or silently performing their task, without you even knowing about it.
The probable damage Mobile.exe Trojan (and any other Trojan horses as well) might result in:
Among the considerable number of potential kinds of harm any known Trojan can be the reason for, the most common ways to damage your device are mentioned here:
- Altering some of your files;
- Unpleasant system crashes;
- The process of destroying various data;
- Undertaking remote system control, usually carried out by enabling your microphone and webcam and taking over your applications;
- Authorizing Ransomware viruses to infiltrate your already infected system – Mobile.exe virus may be working as an instrument for spreading other types of malware;
- Any kind of physical or cyber harassment. Such online crimes like intentionally spying on the infected user could result in attempts of physical and/or mental abuse. Some of the hackers may be likely to become physically abusive, hence this is a very frightening possible usage;
- Different sorts of theft – with the aid of such malware, hackers could get access to private account details, and they may be given the opportunity to steal something from you. It could be done either by draining all your bank accounts accessible online; or by stealing info about other precious possessions. What is even more bothering is that even your identity can get compromised, as your social media accounts might get hacked and exploited for distributing spam, etc. Alternatively, hackers might exploit the Trojan to commit many different Internet crimes on your behalf.
Where and how you may encounter programs like Mobile.exe virus:
Cyber criminals can become specifically creative when it comes to distributing Trojans. These malware representatives have so many various sources that we will assume you could catch it practically anywhere on the Internet. Nonetheless, we have prepared a list with the most usual sources to give you an idea as of where and how you might get infected by Mobile.exe Trojan or any of its siblings:
- Different websites: all sorts of websites, distributing free programs and apps; streaming free movies/videos; and giving access to pirated music or other content that should normally be paid for, are potential sources.
- Various suspicious messages in your email from senders and email addresses you haven’t ever heard of can also be carrying such viruses. Furthermore, it is not only the letters; it is also their attachments that could be compromised. All versions and kinds of files ranging from .exe to pics and PDF’s may have been contaminated with Mobile.exe.
- The pop-up ads you can see on the Internet may NOT be genuine and harmless. They might also lead to web pages with questionable content such as Trojans. The dangerous part is that you can’t really tell the harmless ads apart from the harmful pieces. Thus, avoid them all!
How to manage to successfully deal with such malware:
Such infections can be extremely hazardous; even despite that, it may still be possible to get them completely and successfully removed. So as to do that you need to use our solution down here. The attached Removal Guide is what we suggest. By carrying out all the instructions carefully, you will be able to get rid of Mobile.exe. Still, even after you have successfully removed this virus, just remember that the only best solution to any virus infection is prevention.
How to protect your PC from catching a virus:
The only thing you have to do is to go on with extreme care while surfing the web. Danger is everywhere and some of the hazards may really annoy and endanger you. Firstly, find out how to avoid the possible sources of Mobile.exe we have mentioned above. Second of all, install a quality anti-malware tool, the best currently available one. This should be more than enough to keep you and your system out of trouble.
Remove Mobile.exe Virus
If you are looking for a way to remove Mobile.exe you can try this:
- Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner of your Windows OS.
- Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Uninstall a Program.
- Search for Mobile.exe and any other unfamiliar programs.
- Uninstall Mobile.exe as well as other suspicious programs.
Note that this might not get rid of Mobile.exe completely. For more detailed removal instructions follow the guide below.
If you have a Windows virus, continue with the guide below.
If you have a Mac virus, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you have an Android virus, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
If you have an iPhone virus, please use our iPhone Virus Removal guide
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide didn’t help you, download the anti-virus program we recommended or ask us in the comments for guidance!