MQsTTang is a very malicious computer threat that is known as a Trojan virus. Security professionals advise users who have MQsTTang on their computers to remove it as soon as possible in order to prevent a serious harm to their system.
Trojans are probably the most well-known and some of the most problematic type of malicious software that can be found online. A single Trojan can perform a wide variety of malicious tasks without the knowledge of the victims, which makes such an infection one of the most versatile viruses of all. And that is what has made threats like MQsTTang extremely popular amongst hackers who seek to perform numerous crimes once they sneak inside a given computer. From a statistical point of view, Trojans are responsible for about 70% of all malware attacks.
The secrecy of the Trojan threats is another rather useful feature that the cybercriminals use against the unsuspecting web users. Viruses like MQsTTang can secretly enter the targeted system and can hide peacefully there while doing their dirty work, without drawing attention to themselves in any way. In many cases, thanks to its steal, a Trojan Horse can effectively conceal its presence in the system of the victims for several weeks, or even months ahead in time.
That’s why, the single fact that you have found MQsTTang on your computer and you are reading this article now is a big advantage. Hopefully, you will have the chance to remove the infection and clean up your system before the Trojan has unleashed its full malicious potential. And this can be achieved by using our manual removal guide which we have published below this post. Alternatively, since the manual removal can be a challenging process, you may decide to use the help of a specialized removal tool, which can scan the computer for you and immediately remove the infection without any unnecessary risks for your system.
The MQsTTang Malware
MQsTTang is a relatively new malware which is classified as a Trojan horse infection, thus, there is still not enough data to define its specific malicious function. Moreover, as we have already said, it is typical for such malware like MQsTTang to perform various destructive activities one after the other.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||Trojans can be hard to detect since they normally don’t show any particular symptoms that can indicate their presence in the system.|
|Distribution Method||Hackers commonly distribute Trojan infections via spam messages, torrents, malicious web ads and infected web installers.|
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove MQsTTang!
How to remove MQsTTang
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find MQsTTang in the programs list that would show up.
- Select MQsTTang from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to MQsTTang.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to MQsTTang.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove MQsTTang from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the MQsTTang extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to MQsTTang and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of MQsTTang on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the MQsTTang extension
- Get rid of MQsTTang by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “MQsTTang” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete MQsTTang
- Open task manager
- Look for the MQsTTang process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete MQsTTang
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “MQsTTang” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall MQsTTang
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for MQsTTang in there
- Uninstall MQsTTang from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any MQsTTang-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to MQsTTang in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
Is MQsTTang dangerous?
However, to give you an idea of what you may expect, we will point out some of the most common malicious deeds that a single Trojan may engage with.
In most of the cases, a Trojan may take over the resources of your computer and allow to the hackers to establish remote control over all the processes and services. In this way, the crooks may convert the infected machine into a bot and use it for malware distribution, cryptocurrency mining and more.
Data corruption, and destruction is often a possible consequence of the attack of a threat such as MQsTTang and Multi Speed Up. The Trojan may secretly destroy a specific list of files or wipe off all the information stored on the computer’s drive, leaving you with no data in a matter of seconds. With the same ease, the malware may record your conversations by hacking through your microphone and webcam and collect video and audio records that can later be used for blackmail.
Of course, if you remove MQsTTang without losing time, you may avoid much greater damage which is why we urge you to follow the instructions in the guide or scan your computer with the professional MQsTTang removal tool listed on this page.
Leave a Comment