This page aims to help you remove NanoCore RAT. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
The attacks, caused by malicious pieces of software, originating from the infamous Trojan horse group, can be really devastating for any computer. Not only is it very difficult to detect such infections because they are using various camouflaging techniques, but the harmful effects they may initiate inside the system can cause serious damage. One freshly detected Trojan threat, which we need to warn you about is NanoCore. This malware has recently been reported by a number of online users and security researchers, and on this page, we are going to elaborate upon its possible abilities. If you have been infected with this virus, stay with us because here you will find a detailed Removal guide and a trusted malware removal tool, which could help you get rid of NanoCore and all of its traces.
What makes NanoCore a dangerous Trojan threat?
NanoCore is a very sophisticated infection, which can sneak inside any computer without visible symptoms. Once inside, the malware has the ability to initiate various harmful activities, most of which, may not be spotted on time, or at least not before a major damage or malfunction has been caused. This specific method of operation makes NanoCore a particularly harmful Trojan horse, which uses stealth and disguise in order to achieve the criminal deeds it has been programmed for.
How do Trojans spread?
Similarly to the wooden Trojan horse from the famous Greek myth about the war of Troy, the computer threat that we are describing pretends to be a harmless file, or some interesting offer, the aim of which, is to trigger the victims’ curiosity and make them click on the malware. It is typical for Trojans like NanoCore to be camouflaged so as to mislead the online users in order to get them infected. Normally, such threats are distributed via spam emails and infected attachments, malicious ads and fake pop-ups, misleading links, torrents or infected web pages. Oftentimes, you may find Trojans bundled inside software installers, which could be potential transmitters also of other viruses such as Ransomware.
NanoCore RAT Trojan Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
What type of harm can NanoCore cause?
The criminals, who stand behind NanoCore, have many ways of using their Trojan and can program it to perform a number of malicious activities. As for the information that we have, such infection could be effectively employed for criminal purposes such as fraud and theft. However, there are many other possible usages and in the next lines, we will give you information about some of them.
- Corruption and destruction of data and system crashing: A Trojan like NanoCore can be exploited for partial or total corruption and destruction of files and software, which is kept inside the infected machine. Additionally, the malware may crash and destroy a computer’s system completely, either for the purpose of the hackers’ entertainment or with some other criminal intentions.
- Distribution of Ransomware infections: With its stealthy infection and distribution methods, a Trojan is a backdoor perfect tool, which can deliver other malware inside the computer in an invisible way. More often, such malware is used to infect systems with Ransomware, but other viruses and nasty malicious scripts can be inserted with the same ease as well. Unfortunately, detecting them could be really difficult without proper antivirus software.
- Unauthorized remote access and usage of the computer’s resources: Turning your computer into a bot, which is absolutely under the control of the hackers, is another dreadful ability of the Trojans. Such viruses can easily provide full remote access to all the system and let the criminals manipulate it as they please.
- Theft of data, credentials, and identity: NanoCore, as well as any other Trojan threat, can easily steal sensitive information from your PC by secretly keeping track of all your activity. Passwords, login credentials, banking details, online profiles, and files could be copied and transmitted to the hackers, which will receive access to all of your information. Needless to say, with information in their hands, the criminals can blackmail and abuse you in a number of ways. That’s why it is extremely important to remove the infection as soon as possible and prevent dreadful malicious consequences like the ones above.
How to remove NanoCore effectively?
Counteracting a tricky Trojan like NanoCore requires your full attention. Generally, we do not recommend you to experiment with your virus removal attempts but to use a professional removal tool or the help of a detailed removal guide. For this reason, we have prepared the instructions below and we advise you to follow them carefully in order to remove NanoCore and all of its hidden scripts.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||The infection may sneakn iside without any visible symtoms,which makes it really difficult to detect.|
|Distribution Method||Spam emails and infected attachments, malicious ads and fake pop-ups, misleading links, malicious installers, torrents or infected web pages.|
If the guide doesn’t help, download the anti-virus program we recommended or try our free online virus scanner. Also, you can always ask us in the comments for help!