This page aims to help you remove Nfapi.dll Virus. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
In the lines below, readers of this article will be presented with detailed information about a virus program called Nfapi.dll Virus which belongs to the family of Trojan horse malware. Everybody has heard about how devastating Trojans are and for a good reason. Malware programs that fall under this category can cause all sorts of problems and do various types of harm. Usually, as long as the virus has been run under Administrator privileges on the PC, the hacker who is using the malware would be able to do with the computer system whatever they want. Furthermore, oftentimes the Trojan’s activities would remain utterly unnoticed by the user and by the time the virus infection is revealed, it might already be far too late to undertake any effective counteractions. For that reason, and also for the reason that Nfapi.dll Virus is one of the newest and probably most advanced Trojan horses, we have decided to create this article in an attempt to keep our readers well-informed and updated so that you can stand a chance at dealing with such a malicious software threat. Apart from the info provided within the article, we have also prepared a separate guide for removing the virus, which guide you can find down this page. If you currently think (or know) that Nfapi.dll Virus is on your computer, do not hesitate to visit the removal manual after you read through the article and follow the instructions there in order to eliminate the noxious virus.
Trojan horse versatility
As we stated above, there’s very little in terms of illegal and malicious cyber activity that a Trojan virus cannot do. Here, we will give you a general idea about the potential uses of such a malware program but bear in mind that those are only going to be the most commonly encountered ones.
- To start with, you are probably aware of the fact that Trojan horse viruses are oftentimes perfectly capable of wreaking havoc inside your PC system. They can cause Blue Screen of Death crashes, frequent errors and could make your whole PC totally unusable, especially if they are allowed to remain on it for an extended period of time.
- Another thing that some Trojans can be utilized for is spying on and stalking their victims. A popular espionage method is the keystroke logging through which the virus can keep tabs on what you are writing on your keyboard allowing the hacker to potentially learn your online usernames and passwords. It is also possible that a Trojan could directly monitor your PC screen or even use your personal webcam to directly look into your room and potentially at you as well.
- The third important thing we must mention here is that Trojan horses are also commonly used to spread and infect user’s PC’s with other forms of malware, most notably, the infamous Ransomware. Once the Trojan lands on your PC, it provides a backdoor for the Ransomware and before you know it, all your files have been encrypted and thus rendered inaccessible by the insidious cryptovirus.
- The fourth and final use of Trojan horses that we are going to mention within our brief list is their ability to take over the targeted PC and use its resources for the hacker’s profit. Oftentimes, the infected machine is forced to mine for bitcoins. Another option is when the PC is tasked to send out malicious spam in order to further spread the malware, thus becoming part of a botnet controlled by the cyber-criminal.
Nfapi.dll Virus Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide didn’t help you, download the anti-virus program we recommended or ask us in the comments for guidance!
Can a Trojan be detected?
Manual detection of Trojan horses is oftentimes not possible because those viruses are notorious for their lack of substantial symptoms. Normally, the best way to intercept such a threat is by having a reliable software protection tool/anti-malware program to help you keep your machine protected. Nonetheless, it is still possible for such a virus to cause certain infection signs such as unusually high use of virtual memory or processor time. Additionally, frequent Blue Screen (BSOD) crashes and system errors could also be deemed a potential red flag which could give away a Trojan horse invasion. Therefore, it is advisable that you always stay vigilant and watchful in order to be able to notice such symptoms.
How to prevent Trojan horse infections
As we already mentioned, it is important to have a good, reliable antivirus program on your PC. However, in addition to that, you must also be extremely careful with what you do on the Internet and what your online habits are. You must always make sure to keep away from any web content that could be potentially hazardous. Do not visit sites with questionable reputation and do not interact with spam e-mails and spam social network messages if you want to keep your system safe. Additionally, remember to never trust suspicious and shady Internet ads or else your system might get exposed to malicious threats such as Nfapi.dll Virus.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||Unusual PC behavior with frequent errors and crashes as well as overall system slow-down.|
|Distribution Method||Most Trojans are getting distributed through malicious e-mails/spam social network messages and via malvertising within illegal and shady websites.|
parasite may reinstall itself multiple times if you don't delete its core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to scan for malicious programs. This may save you hours and cut down your time to about 15 minutes.
Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware