This page aims to help you remove Nivdort Virus. These Nivdort Virus removal instructions work for every version of Windows. WhatsApp was recently found to spread this virus, potentially spamming thousands of victims with unsafe information.Regarding the WhatsApp information: there is currently nothing else you need to specifically do except complete this guide.
Nivdort Virus has been flagged as a potential Trojan horse computer virus by a number of online security databases. In this article we are going to provide general information about the threat Nivdort Virus represents, as well as point you in the direction, which Nivdort Virus may have used to enter your computer.
Trojan horses, or Trojans for short, are a particularly nasty form of malware. They are capable of contributing to a variety of possible future problems for your PC. One thing they are they unique for – the can remain dormant for a long time and await favorable conditions to be met before they start executing the tasks they were designed for. Very often, if not exclusively, they providing access to the affected user’s computer for Ransomware applications and other remote controlled threats.
|Symptoms||An unauthorized program appears, providing backdoor access to your system.
|Distribution Method||Email attachments, file sharing websites, USB flash drives, misplaced .dll downloads.
If the removal guide helps you, remember: a thank you in the comments goes a long way to warm our hearts!
1: Enter Safe Mode.
2: Uninstall the virus from your Add/Remove Programs.
3: Permanently delete Nivdort Virus from Task Manager’s processes.
4: Uninstall the virus from Regedit and Msconfig.
How did you find yourself in this predicament?
There a fair number of ways into which you might have caught Nivdort Virus. In addition to listing the most common causes for a Trojan horse contamination we are going to provide some tips on how to avoid the most dangerous ones in the future.
Almost always a corrupted executable file is guilty for the appearance of a Trojan on a victim’s hard drive.
- One way to have the dubious pleasure of downloading such .exe file is through an e-mail attachment. This is a trick almost as old as internet itself but still widely exploited and popular nowadays. Be extra careful when corresponding with people you have not had before and especially if you are downloading any attachments, work related or otherwise. Always scan the files before actually downloading and opening them.
- When you are downloading from torrent or file hosting websites be especially mindful if the files in question are with an .exe extension, but also be wary and scan even innocuous looking ones and definitely scan them before opening. The reason for this is very often there little actual control on what gets shared at such websites and it has not been a single occurrence for an infected with a virus file to be masqueraded as something else, thus deceiving the unsuspecting users into installing Trojans and other forms of malware.
- A very common mistake people make is searching online for missing or a corrupted for some reason .dll file. It is a fact that these type of files are often causing problems with certain applications and sometimes even with Windows. The mistake part comes in effect when the exasperated users start searching online for the missing or misbehaving .dll file instead of reinstalling the component that is causing the problem. In almost all cases you will find what you are looking for online – with an important caveat. In fact you will be downloading and installing malware, in most cases a Trojan horse virus. Never download any system files from unconfirmed random sources.
- You probably don’t know that but very frequently USB flash drives are carriers of a Trojan horse. Be sure to always scan your USB drive after inserting it into a computer different from your own. You will be surprised how often people don’t even suspect that their device is compromised and as a result you will not know that your USB is now carrying the disease as well.
Remove Nivdort Virus
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
This is the first preparation.
To remove parasite on your own, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. If you were to do this, you need to be extremely careful, because you may damage your system.
If you want to avoid the risk, we recommend downloading SpyHunter - a professional malware removal tool - to see whether it will find malicious programs on your PC.
The first thing you absolutely must do is Reveal All Hidden Files and Folders.
- Do not skip this. Nivdort Virus may have hidden some of its files and you need to see them.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Open the Start Menu, type “Control Panel” in the search box —> Enter. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Properties.
In Networking, left click Internet Protocol Version 4 —> Properties. If everything is normal, your window will look like this:
If it’s not, click on the two “automatic” choices. NOTE: If you are in a domain network, contact your Domain Administrator so he can make these settings, or this may break your Internet Connection.
Right click on the Taskbar —> “Start Task Manager.”
Go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which ones are a virus. Google them or ask us in the comments.
WARNING! READ THIS VERY CAREFULLY!
Dear reader, be warned that the next part of this guide is to be considered extremely tricky and dangerous, yet absolutely essential to the successful extirpation of Nivdort Virus from your system. You will be given specific and exact instructions how to carefully manipulate important system files and processes. Failure to follow said instructions or even a small involuntary deviation might have disastrous effects on your device, even render it completely non-responsive.
Only continue if you are prepared to face the music if need be. If you are not feeling too comfortable risking your device then we strongly urge you to consider an alternative solution – downloading and installing a professional anti-malware scanner and remover. Not only is this much safer and easier, you will be able to continuously use it for future problems as well.
Right click on each of the virus processes and select Open File Location, then End the process. Copy the folders somewhere (as a backup if you make a mistake) and delete the directories you were sent to.
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Go in Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If these things fail to help you find Nivdort Virus you need to resort to a professional scanner – obviously this is a malware that was created to steal your credentials and credit cards – meaning the people who created it spent a lot of resources to make it as dangerous as possible.
Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!