Notice Booster Site
Notice Booster Site is an unwanted app for iPhone devices that negatively affects the way the device’s browser behaves. Once Notice Booster Site installs in the browser, it starts to reroute it to various sites for promotional purposes and it also alters some of the browser’s settings.
The goal of this app is to make money from paid advertising. Different sites pay the creators of apps like Notice Booster Site commissions to have their products promoted. This is why if you have this app on your iPhone or other iOS device, you will constantly be seeing different banners and pop-up advertisements and why your browser will be frequently redirected to the sites that have paid to be advertised. This scheme is very common and millions of users are forced to put up with its unpleasant consequences. Still, it’s worth mentioning that browsers hijackers like Notice Booster Site are far less dangerous in comparison to more problematic forms of viruses such as worms, Trojans, or Ransomware.
Notice Booster Site Removal
First you need to close all pop-ups that are currently open.
- If the pop-up has a checkbox named “Don’t show more alerts from this webpage” click on the checkbox before closing the Ad.
- If a Block Alerts button happens to appear after you shut down a pop-up on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch tab that button to stop receiving alerts from the same page.
In case that a pop-up fails to close after performing the above operations:
- On your Mac you should make your Safari browser close forcibly by pressing Command-Option-Esc. Select Safari from the list of Apps and force close it. After you force close it you need to restart Safari, but please hold the shift button while it starts. This will prevent any pesky Ads from opening automatically.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch you can do the same by pressing the home button twice in a quick succession. You’ll then see a preview of all apps that have been recently used. Swipe left to find Safari and then swipe up on the app’s preview to close it forcibly In order to prevent Safari from opening unwanted windows on startup go to Settings->Safari and Clear History, as well as Website Data. This will also clear your browser history and cookies so keep that in mind and export them if you want to keep them.
Choose Preferences from the Safari menu. Then do the following:
- Select the Security icon and then click on “Block pop-up windows“. This should stop many types of pop-ups from appearing.
- Next check on your homepage and the settings for the search engines. Adware likes messing with those. We can not provide more specific instructions for this, as you may be using many different browsers.
- Select the General icon and look at the Homepage field. It should either be empty or filled with the address of the Homepage you want.
- Follow up on the Search icon. Again it should be either the default search engine or any that you have set for yourself. Note that in some versions of Safari these settings are found in the General panel/
Open Safari and click on the Extensions button. Note that Adware use extensions almost exclusively to inject the pop-up Ads into your browser. Any extension on this list that you do not remember installing yourself is likely planted there by the Adware. Remove ALL extensions you are unfamiliar with.
|Name||Notice Booster Site|
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||A Hijacker would likely alter some of your browser’s settings, and that’s what would give it away.|
|Distribution Method||The distribution methods typically include some form of software bundling.|
Even if the app itself is not a harmful one, it may still lead to certain system security hazards you need to be aware of. One of the main problems with many hijacker apps is that they do not have a lot of quality control over the advertised sites and products. Some of the ads and page redirects may actually be linked to unsafe content and it’s even possible to land viruses like Trojans, Spyware, or Ransomware if you accidentally interact with any of the displayed advertisements. It is, therefore, better for your device’s safety to uninstall the hijacker and remove all of its components from your browser by following the next removal steps.