This page aims to help you remove Nymaim Malware Virus. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
Perhaps you have landed on our page today because of the fact that you have recently been facing some problems with your system and you have learnt they are to be blamed on a virus called Nymaim Malware. It is normal to start looking for a possible solution once you have found out there’s been an infection. Luckily, we can offer one solution that is likely to work out because of the fact that our Removal Guide has actually been designed with the purpose to help all the affected users remove this virus. The first thing you need to know is that this is a version of a Trojan horse virus. Whereas Trojans are possible to fight, they could still cause much harm in the process. As a matter of fact, Trojans cause the biggest number of malicious infections all around the world, compared to other versions of malware. Their success is partially due to their tendency to remain subtle and silent while infecting a device. Such a virus is normally only noticed after it has completed its malicious plans (whatever harm it has been set to perform). Typically, Trojans sneak into your system without your knowledge and without asking you for your approval. Furthermore, there are many various goals that a virus like Nymaim Trojan can get exploited for. All that can make the process of removing and staying away from Trojans much harder for the average user.
Can Nymaim do anything really harmful to your device?
In fact, Trojans are so awful that they not only infiltrate your computer quite suddenly and subtly, but they may also serve the nastiest needs of the most dishonest hackers out there. The possible consequences of Trojans are no simply limited to only one or two effects.
Nymaim Malware Virus Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
To remove parasite on your own, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. If you were to do this, you need to be extremely careful, because you may damage your system.
If you want to avoid the risk, we recommend downloading SpyHunter - a professional malware removal tool - to see whether it will find malicious programs on your PC.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide doesn’t help, download the anti-virus program we recommended or try our free online virus scanner. Also, you can always ask us in the comments for help!
Below we have listed the most common ones so that you can have an idea of what to expect when it comes to Nymaim.
- First of all, a Trojan horse is a classical piece of malware. It may be programmed to steal various types of info you might store on your device. Following the theft, this Trojan’s developers may use all such data for varying purposes which can be harmful to you as an individual or damage your PC.
- Oftentimes Nymaim might be set to use your own desktop computer or laptop web camera. There are cybercriminals who could even go as far as to harass you physically since they will already possess all your private details: your bank accounts, social media accounts, address, PO Box-es, etc.
- Another thing that such a Trojan is capable of is to simply crash systems. Generally speaking, it might not have an exact task or plan. Its creators may have just set it to destroy your PC for their own pleasure. Rather odd, isn’t it?
- Some dishonest people could use the virus to turn your device into a bot. Immediately after doing that, your PC will be exploited with the purpose of sending spam or mining cryptocurrencies.
- Typically, Trojans and Ransomware love to act and be distributed in a duo. In this case, the Trojan is the one responsible for the safe arrival of the Ransomware to the inside of the affected device, and the ransom-demanding program is the one that later on encrypts data and harasses you by extorting money from you.
Actually, Nymaim and every other Trojan could have many more purposes that could be incredibly diverse. Still, the ones discussed above are among the most common usages.
How could your computer get infected by Nymaim?
There isn’t, unfortunately, a concrete answer to this exact question, because the means of distribution Nymaim usually uses may also vary to a great degree. You might catch a Trojan very easily in case your system as a whole or any of the installed programs on it has certain weaknesses. A weakness in this sense of the word may be the lack of a quality anti-malware program. In such a case, you may get the virus from practically everywhere on the Internet: torrents, spam emails, shareware, and all kinds of infected web platforms.
How can you remove Nymaim from your device once and for all?
Despite the fact that Trojans are indeed the most widely spread cyber-threat any user out there has heard of, and a big number of devices really get infected by them on a daily basis, in case you stick to some safety tips, you can stay away from such terrible and dangerous infections in the future. The most useful advice we can ever give you is to learn how to surf in a clever way. It is quite simple be careful when online so that you never catch such an infection.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||Normally, there are none before the virus has completed its malicious plan.|
|Distribution Method||Many sources including various ads and requests (in the form of pop-ups), some spam emails as well as torrents, movies, shareware.|
|Detection Tool||We generally recommend SpyHunter or a similar anti-malware program that is updated daily.|