Ossibleslain is an iOS app that experts label as unwanted due to its ability to cause sudden page redirects in the browser. Ossibleslain can also make unauthorized changes in the browser as well as cause the generation of aggressive banners and pop-ups.
Apps like Ossibleslain or Space Shell Vpn are usually categorized as browser hijackers and even though they are much more commonly encountered on Windows computers or Android devices, during the last couple of years, the number of iPhone and Mac browser hijackers has significantly increased. Currently getting a hijacker on an iOS or macOS device is just as likely as getting such an app on a Windows or Android device.
The main thing you should know about these apps is that, even though they are primarily focused on advertising different sites and products and despite their overall lack of harmful abilities, they could still, albeit indirectly, threaten the safety of your device. The way this could happen is through the display of adverts and the generation of page redirects that are linked to unsafe websites. If, for example, a given hijacker is tasked with the promotion of a site that’s used for spreading Trojans or Ransomware, you could easily get your iPhone exposed to such viruses by having its browser redirected to those sites thanks to the hijacker. That is why it is important to not allow Ossibleslain to continue operating within your smartphone. Our suggestion is to use the guide from below and remove the hijacker with its uninstallation instructions. After you complete the removal guide, the undesirable application should no longer be on your device and there should be no more aggressive ads, banners, and page redirects while you are connected to the Internet.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||Hijacker apps change the settings of the browser, cause the generation of obstructive advertising messages, and trigger invasive page redirects.|
|Distribution Method||The main distribution method is the use of .apk files that are available for download on insecure third-party download platforms.|
Remove Ossibleslain iPhone Virus
If you have an iPhone virus, continue with the guide below.
If you have an Android virus, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
If you have a Mac virus, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you have a Windows virus, please use our Windows Virus Removal guide.
First you need to close all pop-ups that are currently open.
- If the pop-up has a checkbox named “Don’t show more alerts from this webpage” click on the checkbox before closing the Ad.
- If a Block Alerts button happens to appear after you shut down a pop-up on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch tab that button to stop receiving alerts from the same page.
In case that a pop-up fails to close after performing the above operations:
- On your Mac you should make your Safari browser close forcibly by pressing Command-Option-Esc. Select Safari from the list of Apps and force close it. After you force close it you need to restart Safari, but please hold the shift button while it starts. This will prevent any pesky Ads from opening automatically.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch you can do the same by pressing the home button twice in a quick succession. You’ll then see a preview of all apps that have been recently used. Swipe left to find Safari and then swipe up on the app’s preview to close it forcibly In order to prevent Safari from opening unwanted windows on startup go to Settings->Safari and Clear History, as well as Website Data. This will also clear your browser history and cookies so keep that in mind and export them if you want to keep them.
Choose Preferences from the Safari menu. Then do the following:
- Select the Security icon and then click on “Block pop-up windows“. This should stop many types of pop-ups from appearing.
- Next check on your homepage and the settings for the search engines. Adware likes messing with those. We can not provide more specific instructions for this, as you may be using many different browsers.
- Select the General icon and look at the Homepage field. It should either be empty or filled with the address of the Homepage you want.
- Follow up on the Search icon. Again it should be either the default search engine or any that you have set for yourself. Note that in some versions of Safari these settings are found in the General panel/
Open Safari and click on the Extensions button. Note that Adware use extensions almost exclusively to inject the pop-up Ads into your browser. Any extension on this list that you do not remember installing yourself is likely planted there by the Adware. Remove ALL extensions you are unfamiliar with.
Leave a Comment