This page aims to help you remove Perfc.dat Virus. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows. This threat has been linked to the Petya Ransomware outbreak.
Trojans are among the nastiest threats one can encounter online and also easily the most common. These masters of disguise are capable of performing a wide variety of tasks, which makes them so invaluable to hackers even to this day. One of the latest variants of this type reported to us is better known as Perfc.dat Virus and is also likely the reason you’ve ended up on in this page. If you have discovered this virus on your computer, it is of utmost importance that you locate and remove it as soon as possible. The longer it remains in your system, the more damage it will probably cause. For the purpose of deleting Perfc.dat Virus we have assembled a detailed, step by step removal guide, which you will find on this page, below the following article. Please be sure to read through the article first before heading over to the guide, as the information presented here will provide you with a better idea of what it is you’re dealing with and what the Trojan may possibly have been up to all this time. It’s also important that you are well informed about the most common sources of infection, which we have also included here.
What Trojans are really capable of
Malware of the Trojan horse type is notorious for its ability to inflict harm in many a different way. You and any affected user would probably be dying to know what exactly it’s up to on your particular machine and that’s more than understandable. However, there’s no way for us to tell you what exactly the virus is after in your specific case, as it could literally be anything. We would like to outline the most common usages of Perfc.dat Virus and other viruses of this type, so you know roughly what to expect.
- Theft. This is perhaps the most widespread usage of Trojans, as they can silently infiltrate your system and just as silently steal valuable information from it. For example, the hackers behind it can record your keystrokes to get hold of online banking credentials, login details for social media and various other accounts, etc. Professional information that could be very sensitive could potentially also be the target.
- Destruction. Perfc.dat Virus could be used to simply destroy certain valuable or potentially harmful to others information on your PC. As a matter of fact, the virus could be designed to format your disks and drives, thus wiping them clean of any and all data. Alternatively, your computer could be rendered completely useless and you’d be forced to buy a new one. It’s not likely that this is the case, since you’ve had time to discover the malware, but in case it’s just a ticking time bomb – you’d best hurry.
- Spying. This is also fairly common and can be used for numerous different reasons. Maybe you’ve become the victim of a stalker, who’s trying to watch you as closely as possible, or someone, who intends to rob your home or harm you. This can be achieved by means of hacking your webcam and tapping into your mic, for example. That way the criminal on the other side will both see and hear you and you won’t even have a clue.
- Botnets. Your computer could be engaged in a network of bots for the purpose of spreading spam, other viruses or even mining cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoins. Over 15% of all computers are involved in botnets – let that sink in.
- Backdoor viruses. Perfc.dat Virus could potentially have been used to sneak some other malicious program inside your computer. Most often these are ransomware viruses – something you do not want to deal with.
These are only very few of the things Trojans are actually capable of. Once you’ve removed Perfc.dat Virus from your computer, be sure to take all the necessary precautions so you don’t contract another one like it anytime soon. Be sure to always have a functional antivirus program running and runs system scans on a regular basis. But most importantly, be mindful of your browsing habits. Most infections can easily be avoided if you simply use your common sense and don’t interact with sketchy content, suspicious incoming messages, illegal downloadable materials, etc. Stick to reputable websites and download sources and be sure to never open emails or other messages or their attachments unless you are absolutely sure they are trustworthy.
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Perfc.dat Virus Removal
Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker – you might want to see if you’re not infected with it as well.