Poweaniart is a malware element that gets installed in the system’s main browser. Poweaniart alters the browser’s settings and reroutes the user to sites that it’s developers seek to promote. Poweaniart is deemed a potential security hazard as it may expose you to malware attacks.
If you are faced with an app named Poweaniart , then you will most likely need help with removing it from your browser. We assume that Poweaniart has already added its own search engine to your browser that has replaced the one chosen by you, and it has probably set a new address to your homepage too. Many users also complain that their searches and overall browsing activity is frequently getting redirected to irrelevant sites with lots of ads in them. These symptoms can be observed in any browser that has the hijacker in it. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari are, of course, the browsers most commonly targeted by such hijackers as they are also the most popular ones. If you are here to learn how to remove Poweaniart , you will be glad to find out that the guide at the bottom of this post provides the needed removal instructions that will help you uninstall everything related to Poweaniart from your system. If you can’t wait to remove the hijacker, scroll down to the removal steps, but our advice is to first read the rest of the article so as to learn more about this sort of unwanted apps.
The Poweaniart virus
Poweaniart is not a virus program and it is not comparable to Ransomware, Spyware, Trojan Horses, Worms, and so on. Your system won’t get damaged by this app, so this should be a relief to those of you who may have thought that their computer has been attacked by some dangerous and harmful virus.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Poweaniart!
How to remove Poweaniart
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Poweaniart in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Poweaniart from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Poweaniart.
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Poweaniart.
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Poweaniart from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Poweaniart extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Poweaniart and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Poweaniart on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Poweaniart extension
- Get rid of Poweaniart by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Poweaniart” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Poweaniart
- Open task manager
- Look for the Poweaniart process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Poweaniart
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Poweaniart” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Poweaniart
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Poweaniart in there
- Uninstall Poweaniart from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Hostingcloud. racing-related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Poweaniart in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
However, even though the Poweaniart virus isn’t a Trojan Horse infection or a file-encrypting Ransomware, it is still an app that experts do not regard as safe, which is why it’s advisable to have it removed at the earliest opportunity.The problem with apps like Poweaniart or Wily Captcha Live is their aggressive and uncontrollable page-redirecting activities. A hijacker would typically redirect your traffic to the sites it is supposed to promote, but the issue with this is that some of those sites may not be safe. A hijacker could potentially redirect you to phishing sites, pages with fake and deceitful offers in them, and even to online locations that hackers use for malware distribution.
The hijacker’s creators don’t care about what sites their app would redirect you to – they simply want to earn money for providing greater exposure for various sites. If a given site’s owners are willing to pay for getting promoted, a hijacker’s creators would typically not pay much attention to what the site’s actual contents are. Needless to say, this puts users like you in danger during the time the unwanted software is in their computer, which is why, without further ado, we will now give you our removal guide for Poweaniart.
Leave a Comment