This page aims to help you remove Ramnit Virus. These Ramnit Virus removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
The article that you are reading now has been created with one purpose – to be of use to the people who have been attacked by a very nasty Trojan horse called Ramnit Virus. If you are one of them, in the next lines, you will learn more about the way this tricky threat operates and the exact steps you need to take to completely remove it from your system. In the guide below, you will find detailed instructions on how to locate and delete the Trojan. But before you take any actions, let us tell you about the specifics of this type of malware, so you can handle the threat inside your PC better and get rid of it with ease.
How malicious could a Trojan horse like Ramnit Virus be?
Even if you have not had a close encounter with Trojan horses until now, this is probably not the first time you’ve heared about them. These nasty online threats are often in the news headlines and are responsible for more than 70% of the malicious contaminations on the web. One of the recently discovered viruses of this type is Ramnit Virus. This new Trojan has diverse malicious capabilities and even more diverse sources when it comes to its distribution and infection methods. It is practically able to compromise your machine without you even realizing and it can remain hidden there for months. What is even more concerning is that you can never be sure of the exact kind of harm such a threat can cause, because as a typical Trojan, Ramnit Virus is capable of performing a wide range of malicious activities and criminal deeds. To give you an idea, here is how this threat can most probably harm your machine:
- Data destruction, modification of files, replacing and changing the file locations.
- Total destruction of the data found on the machine.
- Unauthorized access to your information and messing with it.
- Sudden system crashes, malfunction, modifications in the system settings and files.
- Establishing remote control over the infected computer by gaining access to its vital OS files and processes
- Spying, data collection, and blackmail – the hackers who stand behind the Trojan can gather sensitive data by spying on you through your camera and mic and can use it for various criminal purposes, harassment and even physical abuse.
- Distribution of malware and insertion of different viruses and online threats like Ransomware, Spyware, and others inside the infected computer.
- Theft of different types – a Trojan like Ramnit Virus can be programmed to help the hackers steal confidential information from your computer, such as online banking credentials, debit or credit card details, passwords, login data, and accounts. This way, the criminals can easily drain your bank accounts, login inside your online profiles, steal your identity and get you involved in various cyber crimes.
How can you get infected with Ramnit Virus?
The cyber criminals, who create Trojans like this one, can be surprisingly creative in their attempts to infect more people. For that, they use various distribution methods and malicious transmitters. Usually, an infection like Ramnit Virus is spread through some massive spam email campaigns where a seemingly harmless email with attachment is delivered in the inbox of the users. It might be masked as a legitimate-looking message with an interesting offer, prompting you to click on an attachment or a link. An infected web page can also be used as a transmitter. Whether it is a regular website, who has been compromised, or specially developed illegal site, used for the purpose of contamination, one click is enough for you to catch the Trojan. Methods like Malvertising are also commonly used to camouflage the infection as an ad or a pop-up, which turns out to be misleading and leads you to the Trojan. That’s why, we highly recommend that you proceed with caution when you happen to interact with unknown web locations, too-good-to-be-true offers, pages that claim to be spreading free applications and installers, free video streaming sites, intrusive ads, and randomly popping messages. They may not be as harmless as they look and may eventually expose you to some nasty malware.
How can you remove Ramnit Virus from your system effectively?
A contamination with a Trojan horse like Ramnit Virus could be very serious and may lead to various unpleasant consequences for your system and your safety. That’s why it is crucial for you to remove the infection as soon as you detect it. But how to identify the threat? A good antivirus program may help you in that, but if your security software is failing to catch the Trojan, you can clean your system with the help of the instructions in the removal guide below. It contains detailed steps, which will show you how to manually detect Ramnit Virus and delete all of its related files.
Ramnit Virus Removal
Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker – you might want to see if you’re not infected with it as well.