This page aims to help you remove Rdn/Yahlover.worm Virus. These Rdn/Yahlover.worm Virus removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
The focus of today’s article is Rdn/Yahlover.worm Virus. This program is an exemplary member of the family of the Trojan horse viruses. In the following article you will find some useful details about its nature, as well as a removal guide, which is designed to help you deal with this kind of malware. The Trojans developed so far are responsible for more than 75% of the total number of malware infections that occur. These viruses could have very different purposes. Nevertheless, what they normally have in common is the fact that they perform their disturbing activities silently and without giving away any sign of the forthcoming serious problems they might cause. By the way, this exact way of acting is the reason why they have been named after the famous horse from the Ancient Greek tale about the Trojan War. That is exactly how it worked – disguised as something harmless but having an enormous capacity for destruction.
Where and how could Rdn/Yahlover.worm infect your computer?
This specific version of a Trojan could be lurking in numerous places online. Sometimes it might be a part of an infected torrent. Sometimes it can be incorporated into an infected web page. In other cases the virus comes from a fake update-requesting notification, made to look like the genuine system notifications. You are most likely to catch such malware from a fake online ad – an advertisement that leads to a contaminated website; or from a spam letter in your email – in this case Rdn/Yahlover.worm will often be travelling together with a version of Ransomware (another malware type). Whatever way Rdn/Yahlover.worm has used to get incorporated into your system, though, it has most certainly happened stealthily and without your direct permission. This type of viruses just sneaks into your machine and hides there until they complete their mission. The potential purposes of Rdn/Yahlover.worm, on the other hand, could be different in nature and here are some of the main uses of these nasty viruses.
What is Rdn/Yahlover.worm likely to be used for?
- Destructive purposes. Any Trojan horse virus could be exploited with the purpose to crash your device. Another possible way of using such malware is for formatting your drives and making you unable to use your system. Some hackers might simply making fun of you. These people also need to entertain themselves and they could be doing that by corrupting or destroying something on your computer and making you suffer because of that. A strange sense of humor, isn’t it?
- Spying purposes. In some cases, Rdn/Yahlover.worm could be exploited as a spying tool. Hackers could even turn on your PC and use your mic and webcam for watching you 24/7 if they want to. All this happens remotely and you might have no clue about the whole process. The cyber criminals behind the Trojan could also be after some specific information related to the company you work for. As a result, all your job-related online activities might be recorded. What’s more, such a virus could also be used for breaking into your professional network (in case your personal computer is connected to such) and stealing some company secrets.
- Resource-exploiting purposes. The actual target of the hackers might be your system resources. In such a case your PC might be programmed to function as a bot. Among its activities then will be mining crypto currencies or sending spam all around to other users.
- Malware-distributing functions. Rdn/Yahlover.worm might simply be used for spreading other kinds of viruses, mainly Ransomware-based ones. If this is your case, then your files are in extreme danger, as the ransom-requiring viruses DO lock up data and may never restore it, even if the ransom is fully paid.
- For the purpose of robbing someone (you). As soon as this virus enters your PC, it might be able to start stealing all your account credentials – among them could be your banking details. If this is the case, then your entire bank account could be drained. Or other people’s credentials might be used for stealing money or other things from them if used on your PC while it has been infected. Please bear in mind that the possible functions of Rdn/Yahlover.worm mentioned above are simply the most common ones. There could be numerous other options. Sadly, you can never know before it’s already too late, which is why it is essential that you get rid of the virus as soon as possible.
The process of removing such malware
Don’t panic because of the details above. These viruses are truly dangerous, but they are not invincible. The instructions included in our guide below should be exactly what you need to defeat this infection. Good luck!
|Detection Tool|| |
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Rdn/Yahlover.worm Virus Removal
Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker – you might want to see if you’re not infected with it as well.