Redditstatic is a recently reported Trojan-based infection that is quite problematic. According to reports, Redditstatic has versatile capabilities and can be used for different types of malicious activities within the systems that it manages to infect.
The Reddistatic Trojan
The internet is full of subtle malware threats like Redditstatic trojan that constantly seek to exploit any system vulnerability they can detect in order to secretly sneak inside a certain computer and perform some criminal actions without the victim’s knowledge. The Trojan Horses like Redditstatic trojan are among the most effective representatives of harmful software that manage to infect the greatest number of web-connected computers.
In fact, they are responsible for nearly 70% of all the malware-based attacks on user devices which makes them a number one threat for anyone who is using the internet.
Js Includer BJD
New infections such as Js Includer BJD , Altrustics and Multi Speed Up are quite successful in sneaking in a growing number of systems thanks to their advanced distribution techniques. They are also typically very effective in achieving their malicious goals mostly thanks to the fact that users are often careless when surfing the web and they lack a basic of understanding of the nature and the features of these pieces of malware.
Here on “How to remove guide” website, however, we strive to change things by explaining our readers the most critical aspects of some of the nastiest malware programs so that they have the resources to remove the latest cyber threats that are trying to harm their computers.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||Trojans cannot be linked to any specific symptoms but they may still be a cause for system failure, sluggishness, frequent crashes and software errors.|
|Distribution Method||Hackers successfully distribute Trojans through spam messages, malicious web ads and links, torrents, pirated software and illegal websites.|
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Please follow all the steps below in order to remove Redditstatic !
How to remove Redditstatic
- First, click the Start Menu on your Windows PC.
- Type Programs and Settings in the Start Menu, click the first item, and find Redditstatic in the programs list that would show up.
- Select Redditstatic from the list and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the steps in the removal wizard.
What we suggest you do first is, check the list of programs that are presently installed on the infected device and uninstall any rogue software that you find there:
- From the Start Menu, navigate to Control Panel ->>> Programs and Features ->>> Uninstall a Program.
- Next, carefully search for unfamiliar programs or programs that have been installed recently and could be related to Redditstatic .
- If you find any of the programs suspicious then uninstall them if they turn out to be linked to Redditstatic .
- If a notification appears on your screen when you try to uninstall a specific questionable program prompting you to just alter it or repair it, make sure you choose NO and complete the steps from the removal wizard.
Remove Redditstatic from Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the right upper corner
- Go to more tools
- Now select extensions
- Remove the Redditstatic extension
- Once you open Chrome, click on the three-dots icon to open the browser’s menu, go to More Tools/ More Options, and then to Extensions.
- Again, find the items on that page that could be linked to Redditstatic and/or that might be causing problems in the browser and delete them.
- Afterwards, go to this folder: Computer > C: > Users > *Your User Account* > App Data > Local > Google > Chrome > User Data. In there, you will find a folder named Default – you should change its name to Backup Default and restart the PC.
- Note that the App Data folder is normally hidden so you’d have to first make the hidden files and folders on your PC visible before you can access it.
How to get rid of Redditstatic on FF/Edge/etc.
- Open the browser and select the menu icon.
- From the menu, click on the Add-ons button.
- Look for the Redditstatic extension
- Get rid of Redditstatic by removing it from extensions
If using Firefox:
- Open Firefox
- Select the three parallel lines menu and go to Add-ons.
- Find the unwanted add-on and delete it from the browser – if there is more than one unwanted extension, remove all of them.
- Go to the browser menu again, select Options, and then click on Home from the sidebar to the left.
- Check the current addresses for the browser’s homepage and new-tab page and change them if they are currently set to address(es) you don’t know or trust.
If using MS Edge/IE:
- Start Edge
- Select the browser menu and go to Extensions.
- Find and uninstall any Edge extensions that look undesirable and unwanted.
- Select Settings from the browser menu and click on Appearance.
- Check the new-tab page address of the browser and if it has been modified by “Redditstatic ” or another unwanted app, change it to an address that you’d want to be the browser’s new-tab page.
How to Delete Redditstatic
- Open task manager
- Look for the Redditstatic process
- Select it and click on End task
- Open the file location to delete Redditstatic
- Access the Task Manager by pressing together the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys and then selecting Task Manager.
- Open Processes and there try to find a process with the name of the unwanted software. If you find it, select it with the right button of the mouse and click on the Open File Location option.
- If you don’t see a “Redditstatic ” process in the Task Manager, look for another suspicious process with an unusual name. It is likely that the unwanted process would be using lots of RAM and CPU so pay attention to the number of resources each process is using.
- Tip: If you think you have singled out the unwanted process but are not sure, it’s always a good idea to search for information about it on the Internet – this should give you a general idea if the process is a legitimate one from a regular program or from your OS or if it is indeed likely linked to the adware.
- If you find another suspicious process, open its File Location too.
- Once in the File Location folder for the suspicious process, start testing all of the files that are stored there by dragging them to our free online scanner available below.
- If the scanner finds malware in any of the files, return to the Processes tab in the Task Manager, select the suspected process, and then select the End Process option to quit it.
- Go back to the folder where the files of that process are located and delete all of the files that you are allowed to delete. If all files get deleted normally, exit the folder and delete that folder too. If one or more of the files showed an error message when you tried to delete them, leave them for now and return to try to delete them again once you’ve completed the rest of the guide.
How to Uninstall Redditstatic
- Click on the home button
- Search for Startup Apps
- Look for Redditstatic in there
- Uninstall Redditstatic from Startup Apps by turning it off
- Now you need to carefully search for and uninstall any Redditstatic -related entries from the Registry. The easiest way to do this is to open the Registry Editor app (type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter) and then open a Find dialog (CTRL+F key combination) where you have to type the name of the threat.
- Perform a search by clicking on the Find Next button and delete any detected results. Do this as many times as needed until no more results are found.
- After that, to ensure that there are no remaining entries lined to Redditstatic in the Registry, go manually to the following directories and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Random
What are the dangers you might face if you have a Redditstatic Trojan virus?
The flexibility of Trojan viruses such as Redditstatic is unmatchable compared to any other malware type. Other security threats, such as spyware, rootkits, or the notorious ransomware are pretty basic when it comes to their malicious actions and typically include a small range of potentially harmful abilities. In most cases, a single virus can perform only one type of damage to the machine that it has infected.
A Trojan Horse, on the other hand, may have a various malicious uses and capacities and it could be reprogrammed as often as needed in order to match the criminal intentions of its creators. Harm to the operating system and theft of personal or confidential data are only a few of the things a threat like Redditstatic can do. The hackers behind such a malware may decide to set it to spy on you, , extract data from your HDD, record your conversations, keep track of your keystrokes, hack into your web camera, make screenshots of your screen, etc. – the list goes on and on. That’s why it is very important that after you detect that the danger is in your system, you take all the needed steps to remove it.
How to be safe from the Redditstatic Trojan?
The Trojan-based infections are extremely hard to detect and can distribute across the web in a number of stealthy ways. Hackers may often use different attractive-looking messages or false upgrade requests in order to trick users into clicking on them and getting infected. Spam emails are also a commonly used method of Trojan and virus distribution.
Another favored channel for the transmission of malicious programs like Redditstatic , as well as Ransomware, Spyware and other threats is pirated applications and games. That’s why, aside from being careful while surfing the web, it is a good idea to invest in reliable security software that can protect you from such hidden threats and their potential transmitters.