Advanced Mac Cleaner
Advanced Mac Cleaner is a dangerous piece of software. This type of software is considered to be potentially very dangerous and Advanced Mac Cleaner is certainly one to be removed as soon as possible.
Many people consider Advanced Mac Cleaner a virus, since they cannot remember installing it themselves and it keeps pestering them with offers and pop-ups. This does not make Advanced Mac Cleaner a virus, as the program has not been known to actually cause any problems to the computer. Nevertheless quite a few people want to have it removed and sending it to the trash is usually not enough. This is also the reason why we’ve created this article.
The Advanced Mac Cleaner Virus
Advanced Mac Cleaner is considered a malicious program. PUP like Advanced Mac Cleaner is tied to a myriad of security problems, the most dangerous one being a potential ransomware infection.
There’s a term among the IT community for such software – PUP. The abbreviation stands for Potentially Unwanted Program. In the case of Advanced Mac Cleaner this means that some people like and use the program, others would rather have it removed. Obviously, this is a program that is distributed among Mac computers and Windows users should not have any problem with it. Formally, the Advanced Mac Cleaner (AMC for short) is supposed to help you boost your computer’s performance by fixing and repairing any system errors that may slow down your machine. Mac optimization software is often regarded to be of dubious value, as Mac OS X tends to be a lot less problematic than its Windows counterpart. There are multiple other programs that offer functionality similar to the Advanced Mac Cleaner, but little clear indication if any of these products are worth purchasing. In the specific case of Advanced Mac Cleaner there are a couple of issues that have caused the program to receive poor reviews and online feedback
What is Advanced Mac Cleaner?
According to researchers Advanced Mac Cleaner is a PUP. A threat such as Advanced Mac Cleaner is considered quite serious and should be regarded as a high priority risk.
- Advanced Mac Cleaner uses aggressive marketing, which might involve warnings and threateningly-sounding prompts, even if everything may be OK. This kind of distribution strategy is nothing knew in this market and is employed by other companies, which offer similar products. Whether Advanced Mac Cleaner is better then the competition is a debatable topic. The fact remains, however, that the marketing tricks employed often aggravate the common user.
- The second aspect is the program’s habit of installing alongside other software. This is also the reason people complain of having Advanced Mac Cleaner on their Macs without installing it themselves. Often all it takes is a moment of carelessness to automatically agree with the installation of AMC. We understand the need to reach as many potential clients as possible, but people that do not want Advanced Mac Cleaner should not have to go through the trouble of finding how to remove it!
Another aspect of Advanced Mac Cleaner we found annoying was the hassle you need to go through in order to uninstall the program. Most Mac programs can be sent to the trash and therefore easily uninstalled. You won’t be able to do the same with Advanced Mac Cleaner. The official method will require you to go to the Advanced Mac Cleaner help page and download a special uninstaller needed to remove the program. Also you’ll be asked to input the password of your administrator account in order to finish the operation.
In case you don’t want to use the official method or if it didn’t work for you for some reason here is an alternative solution instead.
|Name||Advanced Mac Cleaner|
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Remove Advanced Mac Cleaner
You are dealing with a malware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to clean up and reset your browser to its original settings without the malware returning.
You can find the removal guide here.
For mobile devices refer to these guides instead: Android, iPhone.