Pro Search Tip
Pro Search Tip is a potentially unwanted program that usually is installed by third-party installers as part of a free package. Pro Search Tip is advertised as a browser extension designed to help users find relevant information quickly and easily. However, that is hardly the case.
Having a clean browser that has not unwanted or low-quality components added to it is essential to keeping your computer safe against potential threats from the Internet like Trojan Horses, Worms and Ransomware crypto viruses. The browser is your gateway to the Internet and if it isn’t optimized for optimal protection, you may risk landing something really nasty in your computer. This is why it is so important that you do not allow any browser hijackers such as Pro Search Tip, TaskFresh, MixBuilder to reside in the browser.
Remove Pro Search Tip from Safari/Mac
To quickly remove Pro Search Tip from your Safari and Mac:
- Open your Safari web browser and select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and look for Pro Search Tip or other doubtful entries.
- Click on the Uninstall button to remove Pro Search Tip.
- If your homepage was altered by the Pro Search Tip virus, change it: Open Safari and click on the Safari menu. Select Preferences and then General.
- Look at the Homepage field. If it was changed by Pro Search Tip, remove the link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Warning: Include the “http://” before typing in the address of the page.
- Reset Safari: Open Safari browser and click on Safari, then select Reset Safari.
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete the Pro Search Tip removal process.
What is Pro Search Tip?
Pro Search Tip is an extension for Safari and Chrome, that claim to provide the best search result in the browser, which can improve the browsing experience. The intention of its author behind the development of this extension is to generate revenue by displaying ads and using resources from the infected computer. However, it is not as dangerous as malware, but it is also capable of executing unsafe activities in the system that can cause serious problems.
On the outside, such apps, with their adverts, page-redirects and homepage replacements, are more of an annoyance than something inherently harmful. However, keeping an app in your browser that can set a new search engine or add new toolbar buttons with questionable functions, and all that without your permission, is certainly not advisable. Even if your browser has overall high security like Firefox, Chrome or Safari, you should still not let an app the likes of Pro Search Tip to have control over your browser’s settings. Trusting any search engine tool or toolbar that have been imposed on your browser without your permission is certainly not the safest thing to do. Remember, you should have full control over the settings of your browser so that you know exactly what’s happening with it. Anything less than that is unacceptable if you are determined to keep your computer secure. This is exactly why the presence of a software component like Pro Search Tip in the computer is something undesirable – its custom search engine is likely optimized to show you modified results that bring you to pages and sites that the hijacker has been programmed to advertise. Also, the homepage it’s imposed in the browser is probably yet another way of promoting some website and providing it with greater exposure. Not to mention the stream of adverts, automatic page-redirect services and other similar intrusive activities that are likely to be taking place as long as the invasive software piece stays in the computer. All of this is not only highly irritating and obstructive but could also put your computer’s safety at risk.
What to do in order to take care of Pro Search Tip?
If you don’t want to needlessly have your computer’s safety put at risk and if you don’t want to get targeted by potential attacks from Ransomware infections, representatives of the Trojan Horse family, Spyware viruses and other forms of malicious software, a step in the right direction would be uninstalling the browser hijacker that is presently residing in your browser. To learn how to remove Pro Search Tip and make all of its changes in your browser go away, we advise you to take a careful look at the steps and the screenshots from the guide we have on this page. Following the guide should allow you to rid your computer of the invasive hijacker and, should you require any extra help, know that the removal tool included in the guide should serve as a great addition to the manual instructions and should help you make sure that there’s truly nothing left of the unwanted app inside your system.
|Name||Pro Search Tip|
How to get rid of Pro Search Tip on Safari/Mac
You are dealing with a malware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to clean up and reset your browser to its original settings without the malware returning. You can find the removal guide here.
For mobile devices refer to these guides instead: Android, iPhone