The viruses of the Trojan horse malware category are undoubtedly some of the scariest, most damaging and some of the stealthiest malware threats that could attack your computer and this is why you must have a good understanding of their main abilities as well as of the ways they could get distributed throughout the Internet.
First and foremost, let us go over the main types of damage that a threat of this type could cause to your computer. Trojans are known for being highly versatile malware tools meaning that there are various ways in which they could be used and various types of cyber-crimes that they could carry out. Here are the most typical and commonly encountered examples of what a Trojan could do to harm you:
- System and data damage – this is probably the most common issue that a malware virus of the Trojan Horse could cause. Due to a Trojan’s attack, your computer might suffer severe system damage, data corruption and other similar issues which might possibly even render it unusable if the infection is allowed to remain inside the machine for an extended period of time.
- Espionage and collection of sensitive private information – due to their high stealth and versatility, those threats could also spy on your online and offline activities and access any sensitive data on your computer that might later be used against you (usually as leverage for blackmailing and money extortion) if the hackers manage to get their hands on it.
- Backdooring other malicious malware programs – this is yet another common use for Trojans as they could get employed as carriers for other nasty threats like Rootkits, Ransomware, Worms and other Trojans. Once the infection has taken place, the insidious malware might load some other infection on your computer without you even realizing it!
- Taking over the whole computer – in many instances, the hackers might be trying to set up a whole botnet of infected machines which could then be collectively used for tasks such as Denial of Service Attacks, cryptocurrency mining, spam message campaigns and so on and so forth. In this case, the control of your PC would be taken out of your hands.
It is rather likely that a lot of the readers of this article are here precisely because their machine have gotten infected by the nasty Trojan.multi.accesstr.a.sh Trojan Horse virus. As we said already, the guide presented on this page is supposed to help those of you who have Trojan.multi.accesstr.a.sh on their machines eliminate the threat before it ha managed to complete its nefarious task. Even if you are not sure whether or not your computer has been infected, it’s still a good idea to check the instructions and follow them in order to make sure that everything is alright with your PC. As we already explained, a threat like that could be really harmful and could cause a big number of issues if it is allowed to remain on the targeted machine for a longer period of time.
Sneaky threats and how to spot them
An important facet of a Trojan Horse infection is that it would normally happen with no signs and without the user realizing that a virus has attacked their computer. Usually, Trojans rely on some sort of disguise that is supposed to allow them to silently infiltrate any machine without raising any alerts. Still, if you have a reliable antivirus at your disposal that is fully updated, you could still stand a certain chance at detecting the incoming infection on time. That said, an antivirus is oftentimes not enough to stop such viruses from getting inside the computer which is why you have to be vigilant and aware of the different distribution methods that such threats then to employ. Usually, things like spam e-mails, pirated software content, misleading and fake web ads (especially ones coming from obscure, unreliable and sketchy sites) are all commonly used forms of disguise for Trojans. This means you ought to be very selective with regards to the content you interact with, the sites you normally visit and the software that you download on your computer from the Internet. It is essential that you always use your common sense while browsing the online world as oftentimes the disguise used by Trojans can be really deceiving and in many instances even experienced users might be prone to unknowingly clicking on or downloading some Trojan Horse-infested piece of content. With this in mind, make sure you remember to stay safe, regularly update your antivirus program and be ready to take immediate action in case you suspect that some malicious piece of malware such as Trojan.multi.accesstr.a.sh has targeted your machine.
You are dealing with a malware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to clean up and reset your browser to its original settings without the malware returning. You can find the removal guide here.
For mobile devices refer to these guides instead: Android, iPhone