This page aims to help you remove Trojan:Win64/patched.az.gen!dll Virus. These Trojan:Win64/patched.az.gen!dll Virus removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
Please read this, it is definitely helpful.
Trojan:Win64/patched.az.gen!dll Virus is a computer virus of the Trojan horse variety. This type of malware is considered very dangerous and could potentially lead to numerous negative implications for your system’s security. In this article we aim to provide important and necessary general information about Trojan:Win64/patched.az.gen!dll and the many different threats it represents, as well as extensive and detailed removal instructions. We believe this information will be useful in helping you avoid such a situation in the future, so please read it.
The term Trojan horse comes from the ancient Greek mythology. During the siege of Troy many unsuccessful attempts were made to breach the city’s defenses. Finally a large wooden horse filled with Greek soldiers was devised to lure the Trojan soldiers to open the gates and bring the horse inside. Once inside and at the right time when the defenders’ attention was elsewhere the soldiers inside the horse popped out and conquered Troy.
The virus application uses the same type of methods to misguide your computer defenses and infiltrate your system. Once there it might remain dormant for a long time until the appropriate conditions for its activation are met.
So that’s what a Trojan does:
One of the scariest things about having a Trojan virus is that if the application manages to gain privileged access to your system by virtue of you providing it, then it practically would have a free reign upon what mischief to bring upon your computer, entirely dependent on what the creators of the virus want to do. As you can imagine none of the possibilities are enticing or harmless.
Some of them include:
- Crashing or breaking down your device entirely.
- Remote alteration or even full deletion of certain or all files on your hard drive.
- Alternatively the corruption of selected data files.
- If you are in a home or work network your computer might be used for malicious software spreading.
- Spying on your computer or if you are in a network spying on computers in your network using your computer as the instigator.
- Even a complete remote hard drive wipe-down is possible.
Another possible and debatably worse possibility is if the creators of Trojan:Win64/patched.az.gen!dll Virus choose to use your computer’s resources for shady and sometimes downright criminal activities like:
- Your device being used as a “bot-net”, or a spamming source in essence.
- The use of your hardware for bitcoin and other “coin” mining which is not only irritating but can also significantly speed the wearing down of your hardware, not to mention the crazy electric energy bills.
- As we mentioned previously the use of your machine for malware spreading is quite possible, even likely.
- Your computer being used as a “proxy” of sorts to launch cyber attacks and other illegal activities that fall under the penal code.
Of course there remain the issues that are manifesting themselves via the help of a Trojan horse virus – online identity theft and ransomware applications. Identity theft is a very serious crime and as you probably know the implications can be very damaging for you personally. Our advice is to never take this type of threat lightly. Maybe you are less familiar with Ransomware software and what exactly is does. Basically if you have the displeasure of waking up and finding your files encrypted and you being unable to access them, they you know you have a ransomware virus on your computer. It is called ransomware because a certain amount of money is demanded as a sort of “ransom” to get the decryption key required to “unlock” your files.
|Detection Tool|| |
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Remove Trojan:Win64/patched.az.gen!dll Virus
Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker – you might want to see if you’re not infected with it as well.