This page aims to help you remove Sihclient.exe Virus. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
In our article below you will read about the infection caused by Sihclient.exe Virus (a kind of Trojan horse virus) and some details about this virus’ characteristics in general. We will also suggest some ways to remove such a contamination after it has already occurred. It is important to make an important distinction right away. This article is not about the genuine Sihclient.exe which is a part of Win OS. However this article is about the possible fake/contaminated file “pretending” to be genuine – thus the name Sihclient.exe Virus.
Trojans – not wooden horses anymore, but the most common cyber-nightmares today:
These cyber-threats received the name of the mythological Trojan horse that won the war for Greece against the city of Troy. Nonetheless, these viruses are truly as dangerous as the Greeks’ tool in the ancient times. In case you have been wondering why this malware category was really named after the myth, the actual reason is that its representatives tend to act exactly as the horse from the story did – they use a vulnerability of your system to get inside, initially posing as something harmless. As soon as they have infiltrated your device, they tend to wait silently until the circumstances are ideal. Once they have a perfect opportunity- they attack what they have been programmed to attack on your PC. After that you end up experiencing some horrible consequences, perhaps having no idea how the contamination has even taken place.
Why are Trojans so favored by hackers for online attacks?
Perhaps it’s safe to say that Trojans represent the hackers’ favorite malicious tool, because they may be used for so many different purposes and with just as many various intentions. Indeed, such viruses may be capable of performing anything malicious and illegal once inside your system. That’s why we are describing them in general, and not just particularly Sihclient.exe Virus.
Sihclient.exe Virus Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
To remove parasite on your own, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. If you were to do this, you need to be extremely careful, because you may damage your system.
If you want to avoid the risk, we recommend downloading SpyHunter - a professional malware removal tool - to see whether it will find malicious programs on your PC.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Trojans can be and usually are responsible for the following negative consequences and many others:
- The contamination with Trojans may cause corruption or destruction of various data: This sort of malware is often exploited by hackers simply for the purpose of having fun. What we mean by saying that is the fact that the cyber-criminals who create them are thrilled to have their virus delete files, corrupt data or destroy an entire system. This is like an exercise for these criminals. That’s the reason why you should expect that some of your files could be lost or your whole OS may be destroyed as a result of the infection with Sihclient.exe Virus.
- Your system could be turned into a bot and your resources may get exploited: Another of the most typical usages of Trojans is for the purpose of draining your device’s resources. That could happen because the hackers may be involved in distributing spam or mining crypto currencies. This means that your system may be used as a bot due to the contamination with any Trojan.
- The cyber-criminals may be after your identity or your money: Sometimes scammers use Trojans with the desire to steal some money from the affected innocent users. Such a virus is in fact capable of saving your key strokes, bank accounts credentials and other kinds of sensitive info that may later help the hackers steal money from your accounts. What’s more, your identity may be endangered because the hackers blackmailing you may corrupt or modify the personal details about you, and could even commit some crimes on your behalf, a deed that is more than horrifying.
- The virus could be looking for sensitive info from the company you work for or you personally: Oftentimes the hackers behind the virus are merely interested in discovering some company’s classified secrets and thus, they may use an employee’s device to hack your work network. They could have nothing to do with you personally, just with the people who hired you.
Where is Sihclient.exe Virus likely to be lurking?
Sihclient.exe Virus, just like almost all the other Trojans, can most commonly be found along with Ransomware incorporated in a spam email or its attachment (such as an image, archive,.exe file, etc.), or coming as a drive-by download from a malicious pop-up or other online ad. There are, however, also many other sources of such viruses like shareware, torrents and websites, infected with them. More importantly, it is absolutely essential that you stay as far as you can from Sihclient.exe Virus’s potential sources that we have listed here. Another ting we can recommend is that you install the best anti-virus tool you can find. Ordering a top-quality anti-malware program can help you greatly against all sorts of threats. Simply make sure it is up-to-date, and if necessary use it regularly for scanning for malware.
As or the removal of Sihclient.exe Virus, we suggest that you stick to all the steps in our Removal Guide.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||At first there appears to be no problem but then the virus starts acting according to its plan.|
|Distribution Method||Via spam in all forms, fake ads and other fake or malicious pop-ups.|
If the guide doesn’t help, download the anti-virus program we recommended or try our free online virus scanner. Also, you can always ask us in the comments for help!