If you have come across this webpage, you are likely to be looking for some essential details of the virus called Sppextcomobjhook.dll Virus and the possible danger and annoyance related to it. Sppextcomobjhook.dll Virus is a type of computer malware classified as a Trojan horse.
Maybe you have heard a lot about these malicious programs, maybe not. In fact, their name comes from the popular story about the Trojan Horse from the Trojan war. Actually, they do function just like it did. When computers are involved, the viruses from this kind at first seem like something harmless. Only after performing what they have been programmed to do will they show their true character. In most of the cases, their typical behavior is more than questionable. A lot of different types of Trojans have been created so far. What’s common between them is that each of them is used by hackers to sneak into your system by stealth. It is essential to point out that Trojan horses are the most commonly distributed and often used of malicious threats. They comprise over 80% of the entire number of malware programs that have ever harassed users worldwide.
The Trojan Horses might use a variety of different methods to invade your machine. The cyber-criminals who create them may use them for a great number of diverse purposes as well. What’s more, this kind of malware is able to serve various hackers’ intentions. It is possible to catch such a virus in many ways: from software bundles to injection of files that could be transferred by email. Normally, Trojans are said to look for and use any flaws in your OS or any of the installed programs there. They are programmed to exploit such weaknesses, as any vulnerability may help them enter your PC.
The problem you’re dealing with at the moment is one of the manifestations of Trojan Horses mentioned above. To be completely precise, experts have classified it as one of the most disturbing malicious products ever developed.
How do hackers benefit from Trojans?
Above we have already stated that any typical Trojan may be used for a wide range of purposes. However, there are some particular goals for which cyber criminals may use it more often.
- For destruction. Sometimes the aim of the hackers is to simply destroy things in your system or to crash the OS as a whole. Actually, quite often those criminals have nothing against you. Destruction appears to be their hobby.
- In some particular cases Sppextcomobjhook.dll Virus might be used as a data thief. It might be programmed to spy on you, copy personal accounts’ or banking credentials. In the worst case, the data gathered by Sppextcomobjhook.dll Virus may be used for stealing identities.
- Unfortunately, a Ransomware-based program usually accompanies a Trojan. Actually, it only transfers the Ransomware to a given system. The particular Ransomware might be even more dangerous than the Trojan that let it onto your system. It is mainly used to extort money from innocent users all over the world. Ransomware does so by encrypting certain files and preventing the used from accessing them.
- Another purpose for which Sppextcomobjhook.dll Virus might be used is to benefit from your computer system resources. In fact, this Trojan might turn your PC into a bot. Hackers use the latter to send spam or for mining cryptocurrencies.
Of course, the goals that a hacker may achieve by using Sppextcomobjhook.dll Virus may be very different from the ones mentioned above. Nevertheless, these are the most common ones.
How to stay away from Sppextcomobjhook.dll Virus and most Trojans
Although Trojans are said to represent the most common cyber threat and almost 15% of all computers worldwide have been turned into bots with the help of Trojans, the reason why your system has been infected may be completely different. The only effective advice that we can give you is to take the full responsibility for your computer. It is your own machine and it is necessary for you to take care of it. You can always begin by purchasing a really good anti-virus program. Pay more now, save more later. A top-quality anti-malware tool will protect you from all kinds of annoying programs like the Adware-based ones, as well as from really dangerous ones like Sppextcomobjhook.dll Virus (Trojans) and Ransomware. The other aspect of this advice is related to the so-called smart surfing. Please, choose carefully the web pages you regularly visit or download something from.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||Usually very hard to be detected depending on the purpose for which it has been used.|
|Distribution Method||Software bundles, shareware, torrents, spam emails – such a virus might be lurking everywhere.|
|Detection Tool||Sppextcomobjhook.dll Virus may be difficult to track down. Use SpyHunter – a professional parasite scanner – to make sure you find all files related to the infection.|
Sppextcomobjhook.dll Virus Removal
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
This is the first preparation.
The first thing you absolutely must do is Reveal All Hidden Files and Folders.
- Do not skip this. Sppextcomobjhook.dll Virus may have hidden some of its files and you need to see them.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC simultaneously. Go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which ones are a virus. Google them or ask us in the comments.
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
- This step is very important, because you can catch other threats (like Ransomware and Spyware) while looking for the Adware process.
Right click on each of the virus processes separately and select Open File Location. End the process after you open the folder, then delete the directories you were sent to.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If all the prior steps fail to help you or you have reason to believe your system is exposed to threats like Ransomware, we advise you to download a professional scanner and remover.
Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!