This page aims to help you remove Start New Tab “Virus”. These Start New Tab removal instructions work for Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Windows.
If your browser homepage has been changed or it has had a new search engine installed without your agreement, then your Chrome, Firefox or IE browser has likely been invaded by a program known as Start New Tab “Virus”. Another common issue with that program is sudden and obstructive page redirects that occur for no apparent reason and redirect your browser to some sites you did not intend on visiting. In the next paragraphs, you will learn why Start New Tab “Virus” is doing this and how you can change things back to normal as they were before the intrusive piece of software got on your PC. Also, we will give you several very important tips on how to prevent any similar programs from getting installed onto your machine from this point on.
Start New Tab is a Browser Hijacker
Truth being told, there are many programs with traits similar to the one you’re currently dealing with. Generally, they are all referred to as Browser Hijacker due to their tendency to take over the user’s browser and change it without asking for anyone’s permission. The reason they do this has to do with internet advertising. Usually, programs of the Browser Hijacker type are used to promote websites, online services, other products of the same developer or products of third-party companies. Whatever the case, the important thing is that the advertising methods employed by software of this kind can and often are quite intrusive and invasive and in some cases can even be considered aggressive. Our advice for you is to make sure that the nagging piece of software is removed from your machine ASAP or else it would continue to frustrate you with its presence and might also cause certain PC problems that we will go over in one of our next paragraphs.
We are sure that you are already quite annoyed by Start New Tab. However, you might also be concerned about your machine’s safety thinking that it is some sort of a malicious virus like a Trojan Horse or Ransomware. Certainly, there are quite a few similarities between Hijackers and PC viruses, but even though many people might refer to Start New Tab as some sort of malware, you must not panic.
- First of all, unlike malicious software the likes of Ransomware and Trojans, Browser Hijackers usually cannot cause any actual damage to your system. This does not mean that they should be regarded as perfectly safe, but the truth is that their purpose has nothing to do with damaging your machine or messing with your files.
- Secondly, while all viruses try their best to remain hidden and unnoticed, Browser Hijackers always make sure to be as noticeable as possible.
- Thirdly, a large portion of all Hijackers are actually legal pieces of software. Viruses, on the other hand, are illegally developed, distributed and used.
Remove the Hijacker ASAP
Usually, the only truly effective way to get rid of the nagging piece of software is to uninstall it and meticulously remove everything it might have left behind. We can help you with that in our Start New Tab removal guide which you can find at the bottom of the current article. As was stated in the beginning, apart from the mandatory browser changes, there also several other potential issues that might come from Browser Hijackers.
- For example, to add-up to the frustrating page redirects, some Hijackers would also bombard your browser with a barrage of rage-inducing ads, banners, pop-ups and so on. You should better stay away from those since, although rarely, they might serve as redirect links to sketchy and obscure websites.
- In order to increase the chance of you clicking on those ads, some Hijackers would monitor your browser searches in order to make the adverts more relevant to your interests. You surely wouldn’t want to have some undesirable software looking through your browser history.
- If your machine is not overly powerful, it is possible that it would start to experience a decrease in its productivity due to RAM and CPU usage spikes caused by the unwanted program. This might even lead to system freezes and crashes.
Think about the future!
After you complete our removal guide, you should no longer have any problems with Start New Tab. However, this is not to say that you cannot land other similar software in the future. Therefore, to prevent this from happening, be sure to carefully read and make a mental not of the following tips.
- Check the settings of your browser and if the automatic downloads option is enabled, be sure to disable it.
- When checking your email for new letters, always take a second look at the unopened ones. If some of them look like they might be some form of spam, you should probably not open them and directly delete them.
- When it comes to downloading software, be very careful with what download sources you’re using. Stick to the ones you are sure you can trust and avoid the ones that look sketchy and less-reputable.
- When you download the installer to a new program and you run it in order to install the software, make sure that you’ve checked the setup wizard for applications bundled with the main program. If there’s anything added that looks like a potential Hijacker or some other form of undesirable software, uncheck it so as to leave it out of the installation. If you have the option to choose from a Quick install setup and an Advanced one, always go for the latter – that will give you maximum control over what gets installed and what is left out.
|Name||Start New Tab|
|Detection Tool|| |
Some threats reinstall themselves if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to remove harmful programs for you. This may save you hours and ensure you don't harm your system by deleting the wrong files.
Start New Tab Virus Removal
You are dealing with a malware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to clean up and reset your browser to its original settings without the malware returning.
You can find the removal guide here.
For mobile devices refer to these guides instead: Android, iPhone