This page aims to help you remove StartPageing 123 “Virus”. These StartPageing 123 “Virus” removal instructions work for Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Windows.
The paragraphs below review StartPageing 123 “Virus” – a program, which can cause the following effects to your PC:
- Lots of versions of ads may start appearing on your screen while you are surfing the web;
- What’s more, all of your browser apps, no matter whether you load Explorer, Chrome or/and Firefox, might begin to conduct some redirecting, which could make your browsing experience annoying and nearly impossible;
- Moreover, the typical way your browsers look might also be modified. An entirely new homepage and/or default search engine, which may really differ from the ones you had originally set, maybe introduced and will remain in place for as long as the program in question remains in your system.
The type of software, which is capable of achieving all these, is known as browser hijackers. We are going to present a lot of additional details about them in the following article.
The StartPageing 123 Virus
The main characteristic features of browser hijackers have aready been enlisted in the first paragraph. It is possible that you don’t know the fact that the StartPageing 123 Virus will never access anything on your PC, with the exception of your browsers and their history. As a result, the StartPageing 123 Virus may launch a whole new promoting campaign and display only pop-ups, related to your search requests.
Another potential effect is that all hijackers could redirect you only to the websites, which are somehow connected to your supposedly predetermined needs and interests.
How is it possible to catch any hijacker version?
The most widely used method for distributing browser hijackers so far is by putting them inside program bundles. In case this collocation doesn’t ring a bell, a bundle stands for a mixture of various software (programs/games/apps), which is normally given for free to anyone interested. Nonetheless, the simple act of downloading such a software combo cannot cause any contamination. Just the opposite – if you install a bundle properly, you will be able to successfully and safely exploit all the games and apps from it with no risk of getting infected with anything. The only right way of integrating the content of a certain bundle with your system is by selecting the most detailed installer option. Such are the Customized and the Advanced installation options. By choosing either of them, the whole installation process will be in your own hands and you will be able to opt in and out of the program features and software you aren’t interested in. To avoid any contamination even more efficiently, just do not select the following installer options: the ones called Automatic/ Default or Recommended/ Typical. Usually these ones will prevent you from controlling the entire installation process, and will incorporate the whole bundle into your system.
StartPageing 123 “Virus” is a legitimate program. True or false?
The development and distribution of browser hijackers, as well as of other ad-oriented software such as Adware, are financed by the marketing industry. They are actually the tools for advertising services and products online. If we can compare them to malware and viruses – the known hijackers are NOT dangerous at all.
Some useful advice on how to avoid any advertising program in the future:
- Ensure that you have bought and installed a reliable anti-virus system. This will ensure that most of the possible threats and annoyances will be blocked and neutralized.
- Strive to learn not to download and open any other possible sources of hijackers like: torrents; spam; emails and pop-ups. What’s more, make sure that the installation process which you conduct for any program is performed in the aforementioned way, and you are likely to easily avoid all cyber threats.
- Remove the hijacker, which you have been infected with, as soon as possible in order to prevent further annoyance.
- Just learn to surf in a smart way and be extremely careful when it comes to the online locations you go to.
- If you really want to install and explore a free app/game. program from a bundle available on the Internet, simply think twice before doing that. Our simplest yet most effective prevention tip is to only install the software you really want to use.
Safely and successfully removing StartPageing 123 “Virus”:
On the web there may be many guides, tips and advice on how to remove a hijacker from your system. However, we do recommend that you follow the steps inside our Removal Guide, as they have been tested and have proven effective in such cases.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||Your browsers are the only affected components of your system. They might act in a strange way after the infection – you may spot ad production and unauthorized redirections.|
|Distribution Method||Bundling, many contaminated web pages, spam, shareware, torrents and other pop-ups.|
Some threats of this type reinstall themselves repeatedly if you don't delete their core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to scan for malicious programs. This may save you hours and cut down your time to about 15 minutes.
StartPageing 123 Virus Removal
If you are a Windows user, continue with the guide below.
If you are a Mac user, please use our How to remove Ads on Mac guide.
If you are an Android user, please use our Android Malware Removal guide.
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab (the “Details” Tab on Win 8 and 10). Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them.
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Open the start menu and search for Network Connections (On Windows 10 you just write it after clicking the Windows button), press enter.
- Right-click on the Network Adapter you are using —> Properties —> Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP/IP), click Properties.
- The DNS line should be set to Obtain DNS server automatically. If it is not, set it yourself.
- Click on Advanced —> the DNS tab. Remove everything here (if there is something) —> OK.
- After you complete this step, the threat will be gone from your browsers. Finish the next step as well or it may reappear on a system reboot.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut —> Properties.
NOTE: We are showing Google Chrome, but you can do this for Firefox and IE (or Edge).
Properties —–> Shortcut. In Target, remove everything after .exe.
Remove StartPageing 123 “Virus” from Internet Explorer:
Open IE, click —–> Manage Add-ons.
Find the threat —> Disable. Go to —–> Internet Options —> change the URL to whatever you use (if hijacked) —> Apply.
Remove StartPageing 123 “Virus” from Firefox:
Open Firefox, click ——-> Add-ons —-> Extensions.
Find the adware/malware —> Remove.
Remove StartPageing 123 “Virus” from Chrome:
Close Chrome. Navigate to:
C:/Users/!!!!USER NAME!!!!/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data. There is a Folder called “Default” inside:
Rename it to Backup Default. Restart Chrome.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Inside, press CTRL and F together and type the threat’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide doesn’t help, download the anti-virus program we recommended or try our free online virus scanner. Also, you can always ask us in the comments for help!