This page aims to help you remove StorageCrypt Ransomware for free. Our instructions also cover how any StorageCrypt file can be recovered.
The article below is going to discuss the characteristics and effects that a program called StorageCrypt may have on your PC. The very first thing you must be aware of is that this piece of software is based on Ransomware. Briefly said, Ransomware is a common name, used to indicate all the malicious programs, which are able to harm or block your PC in some way. Such viruses are also famous for requesting a ransom in exchange for reversing the dangerous processes they could cause. This exact Ransomware program, StorageCrypt , is indeed capable of making you unable to access or use most of your most important files by means of encrypting them. More essential info about the malware-related activities of this Ransomware virus has been provided throughout the passages you are about to read on this page.
This ransom-requesting virus may infect your PC in different manners (the most common of which we are going to discuss here). Moreover, it is also known for creating a list comprising the data you often open to edit or otherwise use; and for encrypting all the enlisted data, making it inaccessible to you. These malicious programs, which are known for data encryption, belong to the file-encrypting Ransomware subcategory.
Other notable versions of Ransomware:
There are actually a few other Ransomware subcategories, as you could have expected, and they are all about:
- Making your mobile devices unusable – Ransomware could also infect tablets and phones, so none of them are really safe. Such malicious programs could result in making you incapable of accessing the screens of the affected devices. In fact, what really stops you from using a specific device’s screen is the ransom alert informing you that you need to pay a ransom so as to remove it, and access the hijacked screen again.
- Locking up desktops – These malicious programs indeed act like the mobile-affecting Ransomware. Their possible consequences are pretty much the same, simply the affected devices are different. In such a case your desktop PCs and laptops may get infected. Their entire screens could get covered by some huge ransom notification, and you might end up incapable of accessing any icons/shortcuts there.
- punishing criminals – Actually, it is possible but very rare for the harassing hackers to get punished for whatever wrong they do by programs, based on Ransomware. Authorities and some specific agencies sometimes fight cybercrime with the help of similar programs that make hackers pay fines, etc.
The most frequent sources StorageCrypt may come from:
An StorageCrypt -caused infection is highly likely in case you:
- Load email attachments, which may come from unexpected sources: This manner of catching Ransomware is among the most common methods for distributing such malware across the Internet. Perhaps the worst aspect of it is the chance of getting infected by a Trojan version along with the Ransom-requiring virus. These two could come together from these sources as attachments or letters.
- Accept fake system requests: These viruses may come automatically in the event that you click on a suspicious system-like notification. Indeed, you may get such malicious notifications in the form of pop-ups from various web pages that might really contain malware. Once you follow such a request that is pretending to be genuine, your PC could end up infected.
- Most (illegal) video/ movie/ torrent/ software distributing web platforms: You can still watch videos and movies online, however, stick to the trustworthy sources only. Never download software illegally as such programs are among the most typical malware sources. Furthermore, avoid all the torrents that look suspicious – they may be contagious as well.
Ransomware is an awfully harmful threat since all the places on the Internet may contain such viruses.
Removing such infections:
If your system has already been contaminated by StorageCrypt , we have to state that your options are rather limited. You might try asking an expert for some relevant advice. One more thing that may help is to download some special piece of software that has some positive reviews of successfully managing to cope with Ransomware, and minimizing its damaging effects. Moreover, it’s always a clever idea to take a careful look at the Removal Guide we have especially designed to facilitate the process of removing StorageCrypt for you.
StorageCrypt Ransomware Removal
Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker – you might want to see if you’re not infected with it as well.
You can find the removal guide here.