This page aims to help you remove Trojan.Autoit. These Trojan.Autoit removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
The article you are about to read is supposed to help you handle Trojan.Autoit. In the experts’ opinions, this virus belongs to the Trojan malware category. In fact, this is the virus type to be blamed for more than 70% of the total number of malware-caused contaminations that have ever occurred. Below you will find exactly why these malicious programs are among the most terrible viruses you can ever encounter.
Characteristic features of all Trojans
Generally, a Trojan Horse may indeed be exploited for a great number of dishonest purposes. We will point out just the most common ones in the paragraphs below. Here we will enlist what these viruses usually have in common and what gathers them in one big and extremely dangerous software group. Firstly, Trojans may work in an extremely subtle way, once they have invaded your system. You may have no clue that your PC has been infected with something until the Trojan reveals its true identity, and achieves its usually damaging purposes. That’s the reason why this malware family has been named after the infamous wooden horse from the Iliad. The way the modern versions operate and the way the old mythological version was though up is really similar – you catch the virus and you have no idea you’ve been infected. After that, Trojan.Autoit could wait patiently and silently before the right moment for it to act comes. How you may be affected because of that has been revealed in the next paragraph.
Possible evil things a Trojan could be programmed to do
There could be numerous different damaging activities Trojan.Autoit might have been programmed to perform on your PC. Down here we have listed the most common ones in groups.
- For corrupting or destructive purposes: Any program from this category may lead to destruction of files, deleting the contents of your hard disks, or some modifications of some essential system files. As a result, your PC could be left incapable of performing anything useful. Indeed, at times some hackers may just be entertaining themselves like that – their malicious programs infect systems and totally crash them; or simply harm them.
- As means of spreading other viruses: The ability of these viruses to invade someone’s computer unrecognized is being exploited by cyber criminals to infect your PC with more than just one malware version. For example, the Trojan you have caught may be trying to sneak a Ransomware-like program inside your system. In fact, this surely is one of the most terrible scenarios that can happen to you. Ransomware-based viruses are awfully hazardous and could encrypt vital files, and then want you to pay an amount of money for their restoration What’s more, you can never know for sure what the purpose of the Trojan in this extremely malicious bundle is.
- For turning the affected devices into bots: The criminals who have created viruses like Trojan.Autoit may be searching for system resources. This means that they will need to transform your PC into a bot; and benefit from its resources by sending spam on your behalf, or mining cryptocurrencies; or doing often illegal thing. This is also a very disturbing scenario as you may end up charged with cybercrimes you have never personally committed.
- As an espionage instrument: One more usual usage of any Trojan is for espionage. If the people behind it are after something like sensitive information from the company you work for, they may strive to penetrate your professional network from your device, and they may exploit a version of a Trojan in order to do that. It is also a very alarming option, as some classified information could end up in the hands of some very dishonest criminals.
Where Trojans love hiding:
The potential Trojan sources could differ from one another. Nonetheless, the usual suspects are letters from your email, where the Trojan can usually be lurking with a friend – a Ransomware version. One more typical source can be any malicious online advertisements, which you could encounter on the Internet – in case you click on it, you will catch the corresponding infection immediately. To top it all off, any Trojan may also be incorporated into torrents or webpages of any sort.
The way to remove such a harmful cyber threat as Trojan.Autoit
Fortunately, such a malware version may be counteracted in case you use a guide, which is adequately designed for that purpose. Luckily, we have gathered just the instructions for your case. Just see our Removal Guide and break a leg!
You are dealing with a malware infection that can restore itself unless you remove its core files. We are sending you to another page with a removal guide that gets regularly updated. It covers in-depth instructions on how to:
1. Locate and scan malicious processes in your task manager.
2. Identify in your Control panel any programs installed with the malware, and how to remove them. Search Marquis is a high-profile hijacker that gets installed with a lot of malware.
3. How to clean up and reset your browser to its original settings without the malware returning.
You can find the removal guide here.
For mobile devices refer to these guides instead: Android, iPhone