This page aims to help you remove Trojan.Gen.Npe. These Trojan.Gen.Npe removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
The topic of the article below is a Trojan horse virus called Trojan.Gen.Npe. It is extremely harmful and no one can say for sure what its purpose really is. This is the reason why we have assembled the guide below – to help you successfully fight the infection with this horrible cyber threat. In the next paragraphs you will find all the details you need to know about this type of malware, as well as instructions on how to remove it from your system.
About Trojans in general
All Trojan-based software is considered malicious. The viruses in this group can exploit various distribution methods. They could also have very different usages and purposes. What is common among them all is that their activities are mostly subtle and stealthy – in most of the cases the user has no idea their computer has been contaminated. In fact, this is what the original Trojan horse from the famous tale did – stealthily infiltrated Troy and the naïve Trojans had no idea it was full of warriors and the worst was about to begin. The name of this malware family derives from this very myth exactly because of the way these viruses function.
Distribution methods of this malware
You should know that all the possible means of spreading Trojan.Gen.Npe and other forms of Trojans cannot be listed in only one article – they are too numerous and too varying. Nevertheless, we are going to mention the ones that have resulted in the most infections:
- Spam letters and their corresponding attachments in your email. Trojans often come as components of spam messages or as incorporated into their suspicious email attachments. In this case, unfortunately, these viruses are often not alone. They commonly travel with their closest malicious buddies – Ransomware-based programs. This basically means that your PC could get contaminated with two distinctive types of harmful software, which is pretty disturbing.
- Fake updates requests. It is possible that Trojan.Gen.Npe might come from clicking on a fake update notification that might be leading to a contaminated web page. This means that you should be very cautious when you update your system, as not all of the displayed update requests will be harmless and genuine. Some of them might be virus-generated, not coming from your OS.
- Another major source of Trojans is the so-called malicious online advertising. It’s possible that the virus has come to you as a component of a fake online advertisement, which unlike the normal ones, contains malware or can redirect you to websites, infected with different forms of malware.
- Torrents, shareware and free software. It is possible that an infection with Trojan.Gen.Npe might result from visiting, opening, downloading or using any free distributed shareware, torrent or program from the Internet. That’s why you should only use software from trusted webpages.
Possible results of an infection with Trojan.Gen.Npe
Another piece of very useful information that you should be aware of is why such viruses get created and what they could be used for. Here we have listed the most common activities of Trojan.Gen.Npe (which also apply to all other versions of Trojans):
- Destruction-oriented usage. Such malware-based programs might simply be exploited with the purpose to destroy or corrupt anything that they infect. This means that all your files are in danger, as well as the entire operating systems. Such contamination might result in a total crash of your computer and the need to completely reinstall your OS.
- Theft-oriented behavior. Trojan.Gen.Npe might act like a data thief. The hackers could have programmed it to copy and record all your account credentials –your social media profiles and online banking accounts, for instance. These cyber criminals either want to hack your online identity or drain your deposits. Either ways is extremely horrifying.
- Malware-spreading function. Trojans might be used for spreading Ransomware and other malicious programs. This is one of the most bothering usages, as your system gets infected with two totally different viruses, which could make it awfully difficult to remove either of them.
- Spying-related usage. In some cases Trojans could be used as tools for spying on you. Such a way of exploiting them includes programming them to remotely control your device and follow all your activities – via recording you through your web camera and microphone and via copying your key strokes.
Possible ways of fighting such a virus
To be honest, dealing with such malware can be difficult and confusing. However, we have come up with a possible solution. Make sure you go through the guide below and closely follow all the instructions in order to effectively remove Trojan.Gen.Npe from your system.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||Depending on the exact thing Trojan.Gen.Npe has been programmed to do on your PC, you might experience a slowdown, strange cursor movement or no symptoms at all.|
|Distribution Method||Methods greatly vary from fake update notifications to infected websites or spam emails.|
|Detection Tool||We generally recommend SpyHunter or a similar anti-malware program that is updated daily.|
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC simultaneously. Go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which ones are a virus. Google them or ask us in the comments.
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process.
>>Download SpyHunter<< If for some reason it doesn't remove parasite, go to "Spyware HelpDesk" ----> "Select Problem Type" -----> "Unremoved Parasit.e"
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process.If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyHunter. Every website that can help you remove parasite, will offer this or a similar program. We recommend SpyHunter, because we tested the program and we know it will remove parasite.
- This step is very important, because you can catch other threats (like Ransomware and Spyware) while looking for the Adware process.
Right click on each of the virus processes separately and select Open File Location. End the process after you open the folder, then delete the directories you were sent to.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If all the prior steps fail to help you or you have reason to believe your system is exposed to threats like Ransomware, we advise you to download a professional scanner and remover.
Remember to leave us a comment if you run into any trouble!