This page aims to help you remove Trojan.multi.genautorunbits.a. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
If you have a computer that has been infected with a Trojan horse, you should know that you may have many problems. This article is dedicated to one of the latest additions to this category of malware known as Trojan.multi.genautorunbits.a. Some of our readers have had a close encounter with this particular infection and have asked our “How to remove” team for assistance. And here we are. First of all, you should know that malicious software of this type is very dangerous and difficult to detect, so you have already taken a step ahead towards its removal by just detecting it in your system. But the battle with Trojan.multi.genautorunbits.a is not completed until you successfully remove all of the Trojan scripts. For this, below we have published a removal guide that contains step-by-step instructions on how to detect and manually delete Trojan.multi.genautorunbits.a from your computer. To get a better understanding of how this virus operates, and how you can protect your system from such threats in the future, however, please read through the next paragraphs.
What damage can Trojans cause and how can you prevent that?
Trojans have a very bad reputation. Threats of this type are not only very sneaky, but they usually lack the typical virus symptoms and can infect the system almost unnoticed. What is more, scripts like Trojan.multi.genautorunbits.a can be programmed to perform numerous criminal deeds, which means that you can expect almost anything from them while they operate on your computer. The problem is there’s no way to know exactly what a particular Trojan is programmed to initiate on your machine, but one is for sure, the hackers won’t do any good so you should better remove the infection before some of the following damages happen:
- Partial or complete destruction of your files and your OS. It is typical for the Trojans to be used as tools for massive system destruction. They can be programmed to delete certain files from your system, corrupt or totally wipe off any information that you keep on the infected machine, cause numerous software errors, crashes and general instability.
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyHunter.
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyHunter.>> Click to Download Spyhunter. If you don't want this software, continue with the guide below.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide didn’t help you, download the anti-virus program we recommended or ask us in the comments for guidance!
- Theft of sensitive information and credentials. This is a very common criminal practice that the hackers may use Trojan.multi.genautorunbits.a for. With its tricky and almost unseen presence on your computer, the Trojan not only can monitor and record everything that you do from the moment you turn the PC on till the moment you turn it off, but it can steal information from you in many different ways. For example, it can copy certain files,(say some confidential files related to your work or projects), passwords and login credentials and send them right to the hackers.
- Your computer may be infected with other viruses. Another important role of the Trojan is to act as a backdoor for other malware, especially for Ransomware and Spyware, to enter your system. The hackers not only can gain a full access to the PC resources without your knowledge, but they may also activate some other harmful scripts that can better serve their criminal purposes. Turning the infected computer into a Bot and spreading malware and spam through it is just one of the options.
The things that we have listed above are not even close to the list of all the malicious activities that this type of virus can do. However, we think you’ve got the idea of why you should removeTrojan.multi.genautorunbits.a from your system as soon as possible. It is very important to make sure that you have eliminated everything and there are no traces of the Trojan remaining because this malware tends to hide deep inside the OS and can be very tricky to detect. To help you check your system throughout, we have prepared a special removal guide as well as a professional removal tool that can ensure you will be free from the virus in just a few clicks.
But what about future protection?
Well, we would recommend that you take care of maintaining your system and all programs that are there up to date. It’s also a good idea to consider installing better security software that can provide you with reliable antivirus protection. Last, but not least, try to avoid the most obvious malware sources, such as sketchy websites, fake or suspicious system update notifications, spam messages, such as those who claim to have won a prize, emails from unfamiliar senders and their attachments, etc. Never open a message that you are not sure about, and never interact with its content (attachments, links, etc.) in order to minimize the chance of catching a potentially nasty infection.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||This threat can infect your system without any visible symptoms.|
|Distribution Method||Spam messages, sketchy sites, fake ads, links, pop-ups, infected email messages and attachments, compromized installers, exploit kits.|
|Detection Tool||We generally recommend SpyHunter or a similar anti-malware program that is updated daily.|