This page aims to help you remove Trojan.script.agent.gen. Our removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
Trojan horse infections are among the most commonly encountered infections on the web. They are so widespread, that there is probably no Internet user, who has not heard of them. Their malicious abilities and infection methods can be very diverse, that’s why, on this page, we will try to give you some basic information about their characteristics and potentially harmful effects. We are also going to speak about one freshly discovered Trojan, called Trojan.script.agent.gen. This threat has recently managed to infect quite a number of computers. That’s why, in the text below, and will try to provide its victims with some effective methods that may help them remove the infection from their system.
Trojans: what you should know
If you get infected with a Trojan horse, you basically need to be aware of a few things. These types of threats can be very diverse and the malicious actions they may initiate may also be very different. You can never be sure what kind of harm a virus like Trojan.script.agent.gen may cause, but one thing is for sure – such malware will never have a good effect on your PC. Usually, the infection tries to remain unnoticed in the system until the hackers activate its malicious features. It may even try to deactivate the available security software or trick it, in order to remain hidden, especially if its virus definitions have not been updated. Once the harm is done, only then may the victims realize the presence of the Trojan. That’s why it is extremely important to keep an eye on your computer and regularly check it for potential malware in order to avoid unpleasant consequences. It is highly advisable to update your software and the OS on a regular basis so you can prevent system exploitation. Also stay away from sketchy content, spam emails, pop-ups and pirate content and install a reliable antivirus program and make sure you get its latest virus definitions, which can detect Trojans and other new threats.
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
We get asked this a lot, so we are putting it here: Removing parasite manually may take hours and damage your system in the process. If you want a fast safe solution, we recommend SpyHunter.
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide didn’t help you, download the anti-virus program we recommended or ask us in the comments for guidance!
What may go wrong with your PC if you get infected with Trojan.script.agent.gen?
Probably the most worrying aspect of getting infected with a Trojan like this is the fact that you can never be sure what type of harm it may cause. The goals of the hackers, who control the infection, could be very different, but they all usually are related to some type of system destruction, fraud or theft. In the text below, you can find some of the most common usages of Trojans, but please keep in mind that the harmful activities Trojan.script.agent.gen may initiate might not be limited to them.
- For fun: As ridiculous as this may sound, some people with malicious intentions like to entertain themselves by messing with people’s computers and causing various types of harm. A perfect tool for such a sick form of entertainment is the Trojan horse. In some cases, an infection like Trojan.script.agent.gen could be designed and spread with the sole idea to test how far the criminals’ creativity and programming skills can really go. Your PC might be just the experimental device for the hackers, who may test different harmful and destructive scripts.
- For destruction purposes: A piece like Trojan.script.agent.gen may be programmed to destroy certain files, software or vital OS processes inside the infected machine. Sometimes, this could be the only aim of the hackers – to delete some data and crack the computer without wanting any money or anything from you. The motives for such actions could be different, but the results for you can be irreparable. You may lose your entire data and end up with a practically destroyed and useless device.
- For data and credential theft: With a Trojan horse on your PC, all of your credentials and information could be in danger, even your identity. The effects of such an attack are really the most horrible ones because thanks to the Trojan, the hackers can gain access to your passwords, login credentials, online accounts, debit and credit card details and any other confidential and work-related data you keep on your computer. We don’t really need to explain all that might happen if a criminal hacker gets their hands on such data, but your identity, money and confidential information could all be exploited for bad.
- Distributing and inserting other infections: It is typical for Trojans to act as a backdoor for other infections. Ransomware, Spyware and other nasty viruses can easily sneak inside your system with the help of a threat like Trojan.script.agent.gen since it acts like a cover for them and creates a system vulnerability, which can be exploited.
How to remove Trojan.script.agent.gen?
To effectively detect and eliminate this Trojan, we suggest you carefully follow the instructions in the Removal Guide below. For automatic removal, please scan your PC with the professional malware removal tool in order to detect all the malicious scripts that Trojan.script.agent.gen might have installed.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||This threat may lack particular symptoms, that’s why it is very difficult to detect.|
|Distribution Method||Spam messages, fake ads, infected links and email attachments, torrents, pirate content, compromized installers and illegal sites.|
|Detection Tool||We generally recommend SpyHunter or a similar anti-malware program that is updated daily.|