This page aims to help you remove Ursnif Malware Trojan. These Ursnif Malware Trojan removal instructions work for every version of Windows.
If you have been thinking about the most cunning and hazardous cyber infections you can ever catch, you may probably know that they are the Trojan horse viruses. In the paragraphs below we will be elaborating on the typical features of the infections inflicted by a specific Trojan – Ursnif Virus. Simply read the following article carefully and you will get some valuable information about everything that characterizes this dangerous threat.
Trojan horses at the present moment – just as hazardous as the Trojan they were named after
This category of malware comprises a lot of different viruses. Nowadays they are constantly increasing in numbers, and we can say that the variety of their diverse purposes (the most typical of which we have introduced later in the text); as well as the number of their possible sources (also to-be-discussed in the next paragraphs) are also rising.
What makes them a separate software group is their normal way of acting. Firstly, you can never see such a serious threat coming. Secondly, you will never know what exactly such a multifunctional virus intends to do to you or your PC. Last but not least, such an infection itself is not easily seen at all in the general case. Normally, you will realize you have been hacked right after Ursnif Virus(or another Trojan virus) has successfully implemented its (usually evil) plan. The plans of these viruses very much resemble the way the Greeks won the Trojan war – they are equally cunning and subtle. And if we talk about their possible hiding places, these programs are very well-distributed. No website, no program and no torrent on the Internet can be considered safe anymore. Such viruses can find a way to invade anything – from a document to a file-sharing web page; from an online ad to an email letter and its attachments. Ensure that you avoid all sorts of software, which gets spread for free, because such places and files are also a common source of various malware.
Potential consequences you may be facing, once your system has been contaminated with a Trojan
The effects of the appearance of such a virus inside your system could really be terrible. Trojan horses are usually able to perform plenty of malicious activities and the damage they might cause may be of a different sort. Here we have listed the most common ones.
- Data corruption, destruction or a total system crash. The idea of having your PC crashed, your operating system completely destroyed, or your data modified surely sounds disgusting. However, this possible effect from a malware infection could be the lesser evil of all the potential ones you may be facing.
- Spreading of Ransomware. Trojan horses may be exploited for distributing other sorts of malicious software. Generally speaking, the viruses that they may be spreading are mainly Ransomware-like programs. This possible usage of Ursnif is awfully disturbing as these different kinds of viruses are truly dangerous enough alone; and if combined, they may indeed give you no other opportunities but to have to fully reinstall your machine. The ransom-demanding viruses are particularly awful as they do encrypt your most regularly accessed files, and after that you can do really nothing effective enough to recover them.
- All sorts of stealing activities. Such programs may be used as theft tools, bank-account stealing means, social media accounts hacking instruments. The cyber criminals behind Ursnif may be after your finances, so that the virus could be set to track down all the bank account information that you enter while being online. Another possibility is that they might as well be after your own identity, so the purpose of such malicious software may be your social media accounts and other online profiles.
- Simply spying on you as an individual or as a professional. Maybe you will become the victim of spying, both professionally and personally. Some hackers may be psychotic and may want to track your activity 24/7. Moreover, some company’s sensitive information might be what interests the hackers. In such a case, your PC will be used as a means of hacking your professional network.
Indeed, there may be other potential usages of this sort of malware, but only the most widely used of them could be described in only one article.
The process of removing such a virus
Luckily, we have a potential solution for your Trojan-caused problem. To safely and successfully get rid of Ursnif, implement the instructions in the Removal Guide below with attention and care.
|Danger Level||High (Trojans are often used as a backdoor for Ransomware)|
|Symptoms||Nothing strange or shady before the actual purpose of the virus is revealed.|
|Distribution Method||Emails and their attachments/ spam/ fake updates/ contagious ads/ torrents/ shareware.|
|Detection Tool||We generally recommend SpyHunter or a similar anti-malware program that is updated daily.|
Ursnif Malware Trojan Removal
Some of the steps will likely require you to exit the page. Bookmark it for later reference.
Reboot in Safe Mode (use this guide if you don’t know how to do it).
This is the most important step. Do not skip it if you want to remove Ursnif successfully!
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC at the same time and go to the Processes Tab. Try to determine which processes are dangerous.
Right click on each of them and select Open File Location. Then scan the files with our free online virus scanner:
This scanner is free and will always remain free for our website's users. You can find its full-page version at: https://howtoremove.guide/online-virus-scanner/
After you open their folder, end the processes that are infected, then delete their folders.
Note: If you are sure something is part of the infection – delete it, even if the scanner doesn’t flag it. No anti-virus program can detect all infections.
Hold together the Start Key and R. Type appwiz.cpl –> OK.
You are now in the Control Panel. Look for suspicious entries. Uninstall it/them. If you see a screen like this when you click Uninstall, choose NO:
Type msconfig in the search field and hit enter. A window will pop-up:
Startup —> Uncheck entries that have “Unknown” as Manufacturer or otherwise look suspicious.
- Remember this step – if you have reason to believe a bigger threat (like ransomware) is on your PC, check everything here.
Hold the Start Key and R – copy + paste the following and click OK:
A new file will open. If you are hacked, there will be a bunch of other IPs connected to you at the bottom. Look at the image below:
If there are suspicious IPs below “Localhost” – write to us in the comments.
To remove parasite, you may have to meddle with system files and registries. Making a mistake and deleting the wrong thing may damage your system.
Avoid this by using SpyHunter - a professional Parasite removal tool.
Type Regedit in the windows search field and press Enter.
Once inside, press CTRL and F together and type the virus’s Name. Right click and delete any entries you find with a similar name. If they don’t show up this way, go manually to these directories and delete/uninstall them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. It could be any one of them – ask us if you can’t discern which ones are malicious.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
If the guide didn’t help you, download the anti-virus program we recommended or ask us in the comments for guidance!